X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California and the Coronavirus

California is becoming successful against the pandemic:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/us/ca...ner/index.html

Within weeks of the Grand Princess cruise ship arriving off the California coast -- an early harbinger of the coming coronavirus pandemic -- Gov. Gavin Newsom issued the first statewide mandatory restrictions in the United States.

He ordered California's nearly 40 million residents to stay home to help combat the outbreak, but he didn't stop there.

While many states scramble for desperately needed equipment and supplies, Newsom this week announced a deal for millions of masks for health care workers, and though the state is still battling the outbreak, it finds itself in a position to donate hundreds of ventilators to hospitals across the country.

California and New York -- the nation's hardest hit state -- had about the same number of coronavirus cases in the first week of March, according to Covid Tracking Project.
    By Wednesday morning, California had more than 17,000 cases compared to nearly eight times that in New York, or more than 140,000 cases. The Golden State has 452 deaths to New York's more than 5,000.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    California is becoming successful against the pandemic:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/us/ca...ner/index.html

Within weeks of the Grand Princess cruise ship arriving off the California coast -- an early harbinger of the coming coronavirus pandemic -- Gov. Gavin Newsom issued the first statewide mandatory restrictions in the United States.

He ordered California's nearly 40 million residents to stay home to help combat the outbreak, but he didn't stop there.

While many states scramble for desperately needed equipment and supplies, Newsom this week announced a deal for millions of masks for health care workers, and though the state is still battling the outbreak, it finds itself in a position to donate hundreds of ventilators to hospitals across the country.

California and New York -- the nation's hardest hit state -- had about the same number of coronavirus cases in the first week of March, according to Covid Tracking Project.
    By Wednesday morning, California had more than 17,000 cases compared to nearly eight times that in New York, or more than 140,000 cases. The Golden State has 452 deaths to New York's more than 5,000.
    One point:

Having the same number of cases does not imply that at that time the infiltration of the disease was the same in the two states. One needs to also account for the different population and the difference in the availability of testing in the two states.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X