Another Press Secretary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Press Secretary...

...And this one is a screeching harpy. I wonder if she'll have any press briefings. The last one had none.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/polit...ary/index.html

The White House's communications staff got a shakeup Tuesday with the announcement that Kayleigh McEnany, the Trump 2020 campaign's press secretary and high-profile Republican communicator, is joining the team as the Trump administration's fourth White House press secretary.

McEnany comes to the role with a bevy of Republican communications and television experience, beginning with an internship during the 2004 Bush-Cheney campaign, where she worked as an intern at a Tampa field office as a high school student. From there, she held internships at a gubernatorial campaign and with a Florida congressman.

A 2010 Georgetown University graduate, McEnany earned a law degree from Harvard University, and began a media career in production at Fox News.

Like others in the administration, including President Donald Trump, she has made past controversial comments, such as stoking the "birther" conspiracy theory regarding then-President Barack Obama's citizenship in 2012 with two tweets appearing to make light of the racist attack.
    "How I Met Your Brother -- Never mind, forgot he's still in that hut in Kenya. #ObamaTVShows," she posted.

And in another: "Birth certificates and college transcripts #ThingsThatEnrageDemocrats"
    McEnany rose to prominence -- and also captured then-candidate Trump's attention -- during the 2016 presidential election, when she was frequently on air as a paid CNN political commentator.
    The role of a pundit, she said, gave her a voice that she hadn't previously found working in politics.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Definitely deserves "hazard duty pay" for dealing with press. I think to balance the budget I would charge exorbitant fees for media people I don't like to just to look at me as president.

I think they should also address me as "Dear" President

We need "Gratitude Education" among the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      ...And this one is a screeching harpy. I wonder if she'll have any press briefings. The last one had none.
      I had never heard of Kayleigh McEnany until this thread.

Looked up a few of her videos. I didn't get the impression she was a "screeching harpy". She seemed well spoken in the few videos I saw.
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

She was on the news often during the campaign in 2015-2016. She was screeching then as well as being grossly misinformed. Since then, until now, she's been out of the spotlight. She's akin to Kellyanne Conway.
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Here are examples of her 'screeching', as well as false statements.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/polit...rus/index.html

New White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany repeatedly downplayed the threat of the coronavirus in comments made in February and March, a CNN KFile review has found.

In radio and television appearances, McEnany, in her role as spokeswoman for President Donald Trump's 2020 campaign, said the administration had the rapidly spreading coronavirus "under control" and said that because of travel restrictions enacted by the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."

She also said Democrats were "actively rooting against what's in the best interest of America," including rooting for coronavirus to take hold. She said coronavirus, like the Russia and Ukraine scandals, was being used to take down Trump.

CNN reported on Tuesday that McEnany, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign who previously served as CNN contributor during the 2016 campaign, will replace Stephanie Grisham as White House press secretary.
          The Trump administration is facing continued scrutiny over its preparations for the coronavirus pandemic, its slow response to provide states and cities assistance in testing kits and personal protective equipment, and comments from the President and top White House officials downplaying the virus.

McEnany did not respond to a request for comment. The White House declined to comment.

"We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here"

Speaking on Fox Business on February 25, McEnany said because of travel policies enacted by the President, coronavirus would not continue to come to the United States.

"This President will always put America first," she said. "He will always protect American citizens. We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here. We will not see terrorism come here. And isn't that refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama?"

McEnany defended her comments over the weekend in a series of tweets, saying, "Context matters, I was asked about travel restrictions and stated the intent of those restrictions."

Speaking on Fox Business a day later on February 26, McEnany said the President had coronavirus under control.

Comment

More on McEnany:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...mp-orig-me.cnn

Kayleigh McEnany, the incoming White House press secretary, has consistently defended President Trump's false statements and attacked the press

Comment

Did we really have a Press Secretary ?

https://time.com/5816770/stephanie-g...ess-secretary/

Stephanie Grisham Is Stepping Down as White House Press Secretary After Never Holding a Formal Briefing

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Do you think the new one will?

Comment

More on McEnany:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...mp-orig-me.cnn

Kayleigh McEnany, the incoming White House press secretary, has consistently defended President Trump's false statements and attacked the press

Her and Conway WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Her and Conway WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    The two of them make an interesting individual.

Comment

I would hire Biden as my Press Secretary, good luck understanding what he is saying

Comment

The new one probably will not have any press conferences, at least not for the short term as Trump is doing them on a daily basis and lying his ass off...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/polit...l-8/index.html

Over the past few weeks, President Donald Trump's coronavirus briefings have become a daily occurrence at the White House. They've also become regular venues for falsehoods, misleading information, revisionist history and outright lies.

By CNN's rough estimate, over the past three weeks Trump has made at least 50 false or misleading claims at these briefings, which in many ways have become a substitute for the political rallies he can no longer hold due to the coronavirus outbreak.

That's what made Wednesday night's briefing so noteworthy. By our preliminary count, Trump made just two false claims. This isn't to minimize those falsehoods. In fact both claims, pertaining to the President's false assertion that voter fraud is rampant in this country, are particularly dangerous, especially given the problems the coronavirus outbreak presents to voting.

At CNN, we start with the facts. Visit CNN's home for Facts First.
                        But compared to past briefings, including the one last night, Wednesday's was rather factual.

Here's a look at what we found.
                        Trump falsely claims voter fraud is rampant in the US

In light of the effect the coronavirus is having on state primaries and issues of voting in general, Trump was asked on Wednesday night about his previous statements that mail-in voting is susceptible to fraud. While many experts have suggested mail-in ballots could be an effective solution to dealing with the virus, Trump again attacked them as corrupt, despite having voted that way himself, and, more broadly, falsely claimed that voter fraud was rampant throughout the country.

"There's a lot of fraudulent voting going on in this country," Trump said.

Facts First: Multiple studies over the years have confirmed that there is no widespread voter fraud in this country. Additionally, Democratic and Republican state officials routinely oversee elections where millions of people vote-by-mail without systematic problems.
                        In response to the initial question from CNN's Jim Acosta, Trump also implied that mail-in voting was politically biased, claiming that states where all residents vote by mail are won by Democrats. That's also incorrect. Five states in the US vote by mail: Utah, Colorado, Hawaii, Washington and Oregon. Both of Utah's US senators and its governor are Republicans, and Colorado also has Republican US senator, Cory Gardner.

Comment

...and said that because of travel restrictions enacted by the President, "we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here."

McEnany defended her comments over the weekend in a series of tweets, saying, "Context matters, I was asked about travel restrictions and stated the intent of those restrictions."
                          Well, that may be.
                          If she was not making a prediction but rather "stating the intent" of some measures of the Administration, then, by that tweet, she is now acknowledging the measures were a failure of this Administration - since the coronavirus did come.

Given that Trump never seems able to acknowledge his failures, one should take note that at least she did, in this case.
                          Michele

Comment

If McEnany stated that the sky was blue on a sunny day, standing on a stack of Bibles, she would have to be fact-checked.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                              Did we really have a Press Secretary ?

https://time.com/5816770/stephanie-g...ess-secretary/

Stephanie Grisham Is Stepping Down as White House Press Secretary After Never Holding a Formal Briefing

It is not the duty of the press secretary of the potus to hold a briefing . His/her duty is to inform what the enemy ( = the press ) is saying about him, it is not his/her duty to inform the enemy what the potus is thinking about them .It is already bad enough that the enemies of the president have succeeded to infiltrate the White House .
                              Why should the president inform the Democrats of his plans ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X