This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Potential Coronavirus Vaccine?

This is interesting-hope that the trials are successful.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...cid=spartandhp
    • Healthy volunteers in Philadelphia and Kansas City, Missouri, will begin to test an experimental coronavirus vaccine starting this week.
    • The small Pennsylvania-based biotech Inovio Pharmaceuticals received regulatory clearance to begin testing. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, along with other nonprofits, have poured funding into Inovio's vaccine project.
    • The biotech expects to have early safety data by late summer and is aiming to produce 1 million doses by the end of 2020.
    • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

A small Pennsylvania biotech company is planning to start injecting healthy volunteers with a potential coronavirus vaccine, after receiving regulatory clearance to start clinical testing.

Researchers plan to dose the first person Monday. The experimental vaccine was developed by Inovio Pharmaceuticals, with the effort receiving funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Go Bill...that is what we should hope for from our super rich. Hmmm isn't DJT rich? Which research is he and his family funding
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

And what would do such a vaccine ?
      Preventing people to be infected ?
      Preventing people to infect other people ?
      Preventing people who are infected to become seriously ill ?
      Helping people who are infected / not infected to build a certain level of immunity ?
      And what would be the result ? 10000 people who have CV have died . How many would have died if they were vaccinated ?
      And when will this vaccine be ready ?

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        And what would do such a vaccine ?
        Preventing people to be infected ?
        Preventing people to infect other people ?
        Preventing people who are infected to become seriously ill ?
        Helping people who are infected / not infected to build a certain level of immunity ?
        And what would be the result ? 10000 people who have CV have died . How many would have died if they were vaccinated ?
        And when will this vaccine be ready ?
        Open a book and read how vaccines helped in previous epidemics to understand the goals that are set for this vaccine.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Are the goals the same ?
          Do the goals not differ from groups,targets to other groups ,targets ?
          The majority of those older than 65 were vaccinated, only a minority of those younger than 65 were vaccinated .
          People were vaccinated BEFORE they were ''infected '' by the flu , when there is a vaccine against CV who will receive him : those who are already infected or those who are not yet infected ? And how will one determine who is and who is not infected ?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Go Bill...that is what we should hope for from our super rich. Hmmm isn't DJT rich? Which research is he and his family funding
            Money is not sufficient to produce a vaccine .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
              Are the goals the same ?
              Do the goals not differ from groups,targets to other groups ,targets ?
              The majority of those older than 65 were vaccinated, only a minority of those younger than 65 were vaccinated .
              People were vaccinated BEFORE they were ''infected '' by the flu , when there is a vaccine against CV who will receive him : those who are already infected or those who are not yet infected ? And how will one determine who is and who is not infected ?
              The goals are the same.
              Vaccination is a controlled infection designed to energize in a safe manner antibodies to prepare the immune system for the actual disease. But the new virus (flu or CV) mutates and the vaccine (which is built by anticipating this mutation) may be more or less effective. So, you see some years with effective flu shots and other years with less effective flu shots. The good thing from what I heard is that at least the CV mutates less slowly which helps the creation and update of an effective vaccine.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

The following is from the Nature Briefing Site March 18

Corona virus Vaccines :5 key questions as trials begin
                1 Do people develop immunity ?
                Answer : assumption is immunity for a period of time .But there is no evidence
                2 If humans develop immunity,how long does it last ?
                Answer :A big unknown
                3 What kind of immune response should vaccine developers look for ?
                4 How do we know if a vaccine is likely to work ?
                5 Will it be safe ?
                I have added some other questions
                1 a Do all people develop immunity or is this limited to certain individuals/groups ?
                1 b If it is limited , who are the individuals /groups that develop immunity ?
                2 a Is the immunity of certain people lasting longer than the immunity of other people ?
                2 b If so ,who are these people
                2 c If so would it be needed to vaccine some people twice ?
                3 a Should vaccine developers not look for several immune responses,as every person is different ?
                4 a Will a vaccine work for everyone or only for certain people ?
                5 a If a vaccine is safe, will it be safe for everyone ?
                6 How many lives will a vaccine safe ?
                7 When will a vaccine be ready ?
                8 And if, when the vaccine is ready, the virus has changed ?

Conclusion : is it not too early, much too early to jubilate ?

Comment

Bill Gates is funding multiple different vaccine programmes in different countries, as are the US government, the EU and many individual European governments.
                  I posted on another thread that countries with a universal TD immunisation programme are have 10 times fewer cases per million than those countries without a TB (BCG) immunisation programme. Source.
                  "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                  validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                  "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Which research is he and his family funding
                    How to be a better slumlord?
                    How to get your idiot son in law out of a $1.8 billion vanity project by screwing poor people in other States?
                    How to get a line of credit from Russian banks?

Give them a break; they are doing enough research!

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                      How to be a better slumlord?
                      How to get your idiot son in law out of a $1.8 billion vanity project by screwing poor people in other States?
                      How to get a line of credit from Russian banks?

Give them a break; they are doing enough research!

Why would Trump's son-in -law be an idiot ?

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                        I posted on another thread that countries with a universal TD immunisation programme are have 10 times fewer cases per million than those countries without a TB (BCG) immunisation programme. Source.
                        There is no such thing as an universal TD immunisation program .
                        Besides, BOTH the death figures and the infection figures are wrong,and it is the same for the numbers of those who are severely ill .
                        I would also not use Euronews as a source given the lies it is spreading .

Comment

Vaccines are bad on principle.

Want a healthy population? Natural selection, baby. “Herd Immunity” is a term originally used to describe the natural resistance of a surviving population to reinfection in the wake of an epidemic. The weak die, the strong become stronger. Then get to breed and have offspring.

Healthy lifestyle is the key to disease resistance, along with natural culling of the herd, so to speak. Vaccinations AT BEST are just another factor in the subversion and destruction of merit-based society. Merit based In this in context of good genetics.

Perhaps an approach deemed a bit too much in this day and age?

One can allow himself to muse a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by walle View Post
                            Vaccines are bad on principle.

Want a healthy population? Natural selection, baby. “Herd Immunity” is a term originally used to describe the natural resistance of a surviving population to reinfection in the wake of an epidemic. The weak die, the strong become stronger. Then get to breed and have offspring.

Healthy lifestyle is the key to disease resistance, along with natural culling of the herd, so to speak. Vaccinations AT BEST are just another factor in the subversion and destruction of merit-based society. Merit based In this in context of good genetics.

Perhaps an approach deemed a bit too much in this day and age?

One can allow himself to muse a bit.
                            So you're an anti-vaccine person even though scientific research says otherwise...

Nothing in your posting makes any sense at all-but common sense is not a common virtue.
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Nothing in your posting makes any sense
                              Nature never does to those who chose to ignore it or for those who believe themselves to be above it.

Natural selection was in full swing prior to the industrial revolution and the introduction of vaccines, as a species we have gotten weaker ever since.

That's because those with "inferior" genetics get to survive then breed and bring their offspring into the gene pool, individuals who in the past wouldn't have been there for reasons explained.

Science that if you will.

Added.
                              Then there's wars where plenty of good genetics is taken out of the gene pool, in Europe for instance we've had TWO massive wars in which we lost the flower of German, French, English and Russian males. That's a tremendous loss of genetic material.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              So you're an anti-vaccine person even though scientific research says otherwise...
                              I was not aware of any scientific research telling me I was anti-vaccine.

In any case, it seems like I struck a nerve.

Oh...

"One can allow himself to muse a bit".

Guess you conveniently edited this one out, eh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X