Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Democrat

Bill DeBlasio, Mayor of New York City, March 10:

“If you’re under 50 and you’re healthy, which is most New Yorkers, there’s very little threat here. This disease, even if you were to get it, basically acts like a common cold or flu.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ios-ineptitude
    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

The problem with Trump here isn't that he's a Republican (questionable is he could even qualify as one, unless he was already president), but that he is Trump.

Comment

And the world wonders why NYC is the new epicenter.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

The states right crowd love the intentional inaction in this national emergency. The federal government has no response, the response has been delegated to the states.
        When Hawaii was attacked by Japan, it wasn't even a state yet. They got lucky. If it were a state, the feds would say you're on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          The states right crowd love the intentional inaction in this national emergency. The federal government has no response, the response has been delegated to the states.
          When Hawaii was attacked by Japan, it wasn't even a state yet. They got lucky. If it were a state, the feds would say you're on your own.
          Are you now on board with China attacking the US with an act of war?

Or

Are you still just a central government advocate that wants the central government to solve everyone's problems for them with a one size fits all solution?

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

Are you now on board with China attacking the US with an act of war?
            Sorry, I'm not into RW gossip. How many other countries have stated the same?

Are you still just a central government advocate that wants the central government to solve everyone's problems for them with a one size fits all solution?
            In a national emergency I'm for the central government to provide assistance. You proved my point that you think it's better for private corporations to assist and not the govt.

Comment

In a national emergency the federal government should take the lead in solving the problems and supporting the states' efforts and governors. Trump isn't leading, he's mocking and criticizing as well as habitually lying.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                The problem with Trump here isn't that he's a Republican (questionable is he could even qualify as one, unless he was already president), but that he is Trump.
                Absolutely correct.
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                  Bill DeBlasio, Mayor of New York City, March 10:

“If you’re under 50 and you’re healthy, which is most New Yorkers, there’s very little threat here. This disease, even if you were to get it, basically acts like a common cold or flu.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ios-ineptitude
                  This pandemic is neither a Republican or Democrat problem-it's a national problem and the lead 'agency' should be the federal government.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not into RW gossip. How many other countries have stated the same?

Not into gossip LW or RW. I was asking if you had bought into the conspiracy theories yet?

In a national emergency I'm for the central government to provide assistance. You proved my point that you think it's better for private corporations to assist and not the govt.
                    Provide Assistance.

Not take the hell over from the locals.

And there are no fewer than 3 layers of government under Federal in the US. Not sure about wherever you're from. But the Federals should 'assist' not take over from Municipal, County, or State governments.

Unless of course those have proven to be grossly incompetent....as the OP has shown....in which case it is an unfortunate nuclear option.

There are more than just "Federal Government" and "Private Corporations". But then Leftists only want there to be the Federal Government and their selected private corporations. I recall the Last time a country was run purely by a Central Government and Crony Corporations.....I think it was...erm...Germany was it?

Comment

And the world wonders why NYC is the new epicenter.
                      Not at all, plagues spread through 'trade centres', for the Black Death it was Genua iirc,

NY is the main 'gate' to the US I suspect...

The Genoese traders escaped by sea carrying the plague to Messina in Italy. In 1348 the plague spread from Cyprus to Florence which was also suffering from famine. The plague spread to Genoa from the Levant on 3 Galleys that went on to Marseilles, and then to the English south coast near Southampton, in 1348. The Black Death ravaged Bristol killing most of its inhabitants. It reached London around 1 November 1348 and by 2 February 1349, 200 people were being buried every day.
                      http://www.themcs.org/black%20death.htm
                      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Not at all, plagues spread through 'trade centres', for the Black Death it was Genua iirc,

NY is the main 'gate' to the US I suspect...
                        Sure doesn't help when politicians are giving downright ridiculous and counterproductive advice.

No matter what letter goes in front of their name.

Comment

Provide Assistance.

Not take the hell over from the locals.

And there are no fewer than 3 layers of government under Federal in the US. Not sure about wherever you're from. But the Federals should 'assist' not take over from Municipal, County, or State governments.

Unless of course those have proven to be grossly incompetent....as the OP has shown....in which case it is an unfortunate nuclear option.

There are more than just "Federal Government" and "Private Corporations". But then Leftists only want there to be the Federal Government and their selected private corporations. I recall the Last time a country was run purely by a Central Government and Crony Corporations.....I think it was...erm...Germany was it?
                          Correct, you don't want federal assistance. As others here don't. Are you disputing that I mentioned that?
                          I don't buy into conspiracies because none of them make any sense. If something doesn't make sense, it's usually not true.

Comment

The US military was attacked.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Correct, you don't want federal assistance. As others here don't. Are you disputing that I mentioned that?
                              I don't buy into conspiracies because none of them make any sense. If something doesn't make sense, it's usually not true.
                              Assistance is not the same as Command.

If you call me for 'assistance' you want my help. Not for me to run your life for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X