CDC is now recommending masks for all in public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC is now recommending masks for all in public

The U.S. CDC is recommending masks to slow the spread of COVID-19.

https://www.wired.com/story/cdc-says-wear-a-face-mask/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...sks/index.html

My department has been wearing overhaul respirators on all medical runs for the last two weeks. I can't get myself to do so off duty. I have seen increasing numbers of people wearing various masks at the grocery store.

In hindsight would it be better if a couple of months ago the U.S. had started a crash campaign to make cheap masks? Obviously they wouldn't have been as effective as N95 or other high end masks. But some reduction is better than nothing.

Especially in the high infected rate spots such as NYC and New Orleans mask delivery should be targeted.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Is any one seeing many people wearing masks in your area?

Ohio locked down fairly early and we haven't been hit bad yet. Hopefully it pays off. Probably 20% of the people I see out are wearing masks here.

As of this morning New York state has over 6,000 cases per 1 million people and New Jersey has over 4,000 per 1 million. And New York City and Nassau County NY are even harder hit. Nassau County is approaching 11,000 per million. Are people in these areas wearing masks? Are they available?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Masks aren't available. Lot's of our stockpile was shipped overseas when the outbreak started in China. Going to various countries. Good move! Real leadership!

Comment

Always easy to give orders and make recommendations when you aren't the one responsible for making it happen. Maybe the CDC would like to start handing out some of their masks to the public they serve.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
          ...Is any one seeing many people wearing masks in your area?...
          Some, but not many in my area.

Comment

Some in our area too. And people are making their own.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
              Is any one seeing many people wearing masks in your area?

Ohio locked down fairly early and we haven't been hit bad yet. Hopefully it pays off. Probably 20% of the people I see out are wearing masks here.

As of this morning New York state has over 6,000 cases per 1 million people and New Jersey has over 4,000 per 1 million. And New York City and Nassau County NY are even harder hit. Nassau County is approaching 11,000 per million. Are people in these areas wearing masks? Are they available?
              Does a crocheted one count? Saw it yesterday at the local grocery store.

According the major media, nothing much of anything is available in NYC. Clear case of P***Poor Prior Planning - major international seaport, major international air travel hub and one of the largest cities in America, and zero contingency planning. Great welfare department though.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

Some, but not many in my area.
                The plain fact is that proper masks are not available in most areas. Out here, Clueless Polis has restricted the to "essential workers" but the majority are moving around without any at all.

Still waiting for the presidential directive to the mask manufacturers to get their thumbs out and start producing. So far, the various emergency responses have been totally underwhelming.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X