Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuomo wants to steal ventilators from Western new York and send them to New York City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    Americans were still allowed to travel to and from China after his "ban".
    It was the same everywhere I suspect, here at least there was no law ready that would have allowed us to prevent Belgians from returning to Belgium or force them into quarantine if they did.

We're not a police state, some legal construction had to be set up first, and support among the population for such restrictive measures had to be created, that took some time.

That being said, it's only logical your own citizens are the primary factor in spreading the virus, they have more, and closer, contacts than foreigners.
    Last edited by Snowygerry; 06 Apr 20, 01:25.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

If the late lock-down was the primary reason for their infection rate you would see similar rates in states that have not locked down at all. Yet, you don't because the primary issue in NYC is the amount of global travel that the city sees.

Do you realize that you answered yourself above? Correct. The infection rate in other states with no lockdown is lower than NY because they don't see as much international travelers.

Anyways, according to your own link, passengers arrived from Beijing to CA and NY after the ban under travel exemptions for Americans and some others.

Now back to my post you replied to. I asked you to prove me wrong that Cuomo overrode de Blasio on issuing a shelter in place order. That he waited too long to make the call. He kept saying, "we are not at that point yet" then before he knew it, it was too late.

Explain why California has much lower infections and deaths than NY. I'll tell you, Gov Newsom issued the shelter order much earlier than Cuomo.
      Last edited by Nikki; 06 Apr 20, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

Do you realize that you answered yourself above? Correct. The infection rate in other states with no lockdown was lower than NY because they don't see as much international travelers.

Anyways, according to your own link, passengers arrived from Beijing to CA and NY after the ban under travel exemptions for Americans and some others.

Now back to my post you replied to. I asked you to prove me wrong that Cuomo overrode de Blasio on issuing a shelter in place order. That he waited too long to make the call. He kept saying, "we are not at that point yet" then before he knew it, it was too late.

Explain why California has much lower infections and deaths than NY. I'll tell you, Gov Newsom issued the shelter order much earlier than Cuomo.
        I also believe that it seems that Gov Newsom made the right decision at the right time. On the other hand, there is no city in California than can match the population density of NYC. Such densely packed hotspot drives the number of deaths and spreads infections faster to the surrounding areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lation_density
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

I also believe that it seems that Gov Newsom made the right decision at the right time. On the other hand, there is no city in California than can match the population density of NYC. Such densely packed hotspot drives the number of deaths and spreads infections faster to the surrounding areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lation_density
          The density of the population is precisely why Cuomo should've issued the order before CA. But he was busy having a tit for tat with de Blasio on who controls what. I suggest Cuomo get out from the front of a camera and save his state. He's been busy repeating the same updates everyday for the media on his thrown.

Comment

Say what you may about California, our graph is looking a lot better than New York, and we are sending 500 of our ventilators to New York. Oregon and Washington is doing the same. East Coasters better give us some love if we get caught short. Not sure how true it is, but during Cuomo's tenure, New York lost 20,000 hospital beds and Cuomo passed up a chance to buy 6,000 ventilators at a discount a few years ago.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

If the late lock-down was the primary reason for their infection rate you would see similar rates in states that have not locked down at all. Yet, you don't because the primary issue in NYC is the amount of global travel that the city sees.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rom-china-or-/

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-tr...deb1ce0b3.html
              We have had many folks over the past few months and years travel from New York City to Buffalo via plane. Of course we have the great attraction of Niagara Falls in the greater Buffalo area. I can’t tell you how many foreigners have came to Buffalo to see the falls there’s so many of them . They get Uber and Lyft rides all the time I can tell you that From experience. And win this corona thing got so big many folks fled New York City to come to Buffalo. Hence why Buffalo in Western new York certainly Erie County just look at the numbers are at a very high risk at this moment. The peak which is supposed to occur this week or next week hasn’t even come yet

The Democratic Erie county executive has acted heroically putting together a united political front to oppose the governor’s reckless actions. doctors nurses are stressing out big time but they’re fighting through it because they’re so incredible at what they do. As a patient I’ve been here on the front lines for over 25 days. Just above me is the covid floor. Scary sure at times but I got nothing to fear but fear itself. I’m praying and hoping for those people above me. One of the patients so my floor likes to throw things at the workers and he’s very rude. So they have to have police officers watch him...I talked with just about all these officers and they are very nice people they give me inspiration and I thank them greatly for doing what they do they are at risk here. We have a world renowned Doctor of Indian decent who is on my floor right now at this moment. He is discussing strategies to help people out

I hope The current Erie county executive becomes our next governor when the next governor gubnatorial election comes up. During these times of crisis political leaders will be looked at and this is their time to shine or falter. President Trump has said good things and bad things but actions also matter. And we are all awaiting for the national reserve stock piles to be sent to places that need them the most. We are the greatest country in the world so we need to act like that and use fields and large empty places to create medical supplies

so again let’s look at the numbers right now over 1200 cases in Erie County. It does not include the people who are going to get sick during the peak rate...We don’t have nearly enough vents to cover the amount of folks who have got this virus. But amid this whole thing fire departments are donating fish fries to the hospital. Buffalo restaurants are donating many meals to the hospital workers. Even patients in the hospital I donating the money to buy meals for the workers . We are buffalo strong we are united and we will win. And that buffalo spirit is felt all over the country

stay safe and strong and have a nice night.
              Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 06 Apr 20, 17:12.
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                Say what you may about California, our graph is looking a lot better than New York, and we are sending 500 of our ventilators to New York. Oregon and Washington is doing the same. East Coasters better give us some love if we get caught short. Not sure how true it is, but during Cuomo's tenure, New York lost 20,000 hospital beds and Cuomo passed up a chance to buy 6,000 ventilators at a discount a few years ago.
                The governor of California has shown great leader ship. It’s something that the governor of New York could learn a lot from.

Stay safe and strong out there my friend. Thank you
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

Do you realize that you answered yourself above? Correct. The infection rate in other states with no lockdown is lower than NY because they don't see as much international travelers.

You're asking me to prove something wrong that was never disputed. Read:

Wrong. The primary reason is because people from all over the world travel to nyc
                  Very obviously, the only thing I'm correcting from your post was the primary reason for NY's infection rate. What you said in that regard was wrong and goes against all available data.

In terms of NYC and LA. There are more poor people, with underlying conditions living in close proximity in NYC. Many of whom weren't even aware of the virus and its impact. A huge contrast from LA's population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INrWb-kl5NI
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Dust yourself off and try again. Thank goodness for that delete button
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      Dust yourself off and try again. Thank goodness for that delete button
                      Haha, I realized my mistake.

Okay, let's do this again. I'm saying Cuomo made the situation worse by delaying the shelter order. Do you agree? I agree with you that international travelers to/from NYC is the culprit.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

You're asking me to prove something wrong that was never disputed. Read:

Very obviously, the only thing I'm correcting from your post was the primary reason for NY's infection rate. What you said in that regard was wrong and goes against all available data.

In terms of NYC and LA. There are more poor people, with underlying conditions living in close proximity in NYC. Many of whom weren't even aware of the virus and its impact. A huge contrast from LA's population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INrWb-kl5NI
                        Not that I don't believe that some people in the projects didn't know, the guy making the video should have done a job at editing. Clearly in the still shows a resident with mask on and holding something to wipe.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 7.25.07 PM.png
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Not that I don't believe that some people in the projects didn't know, the guy making the video should have done a job at editing. Clearly in the still shows a resident with mask on and holding something to wipe.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 7.25.07 PM.png
                          I don't think he implied that everyone didn't know about it.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X