No announcement yet.

Thread of coronavirus related feel-good stories just for a change: No politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread of coronavirus related feel-good stories just for a change: No politics

What the title says:

I am starting with this

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/mi...rnd/index.html

A Minnesota trooper pulled over a doctor for speeding. Then he gave her his N95 medical masks

A Minnesota state trooper moved a doctor to tears when he turned what should have been a speeding ticket into a heartwarming act of kindness.

Dr. Sarosh Ashraf Janjua, a cardiologist at a coronavirus quarantine unit in Duluth, was pulled over by Trooper Brian Schwartz for speeding on March 21.
    But instead of a ticket, Schwartz handed Janjua five N95 masks he was supposed to use as protection -- along with a firm warning for speeding.
    "I burst into tears. And though it may just have been the cold wind, I think he teared up a little as well, before wishing me well and walking away," Janjua said on
    Facebook.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Man, he had 5 masks. I wish I had 5. I've got 3 filters for my gas mask that I've been saving up....that's my CV option, wear my gas mask if I think I'm about to be exposed.

I've seen a lot of average people step up and be civil, which is a small miracle in and of itself. Call volume is starting to pick up, but for the first week of the stay home stuff, Lady Tac remarked how quiet it was in dispatch and how low the call volume was as people started treating each other civilly.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      Man, he had 5 masks. I wish I had 5. I've got 3 filters for my gas mask that I've been saving up....that's my CV option, wear my gas mask if I think I'm about to be exposed.

I've seen a lot of average people step up and be civil, which is a small miracle in and of itself. Call volume is starting to pick up, but for the first week of the stay home stuff, Lady Tac remarked how quiet it was in dispatch and how low the call volume was as people started treating each other civilly.
      It also helps that when people stay home, it is more risky to break into houses and there are less opportunities to get into an argument with a stranger from road raging incidents to bar- alcohol related fights. But I agree that common people often step-up and elevate their "social game."
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

It also helps that when people stay home, it is more risky to break into houses and there are less opportunities to get into an argument with a stranger from road raging incidents to bar- alcohol related fights. But I agree that common people often step-up and elevate their "social game."
        We've had our average quantity of the usuals doing the usual things. But with the 'normies' being civil, it has cut our call volume for just dumb crap in half or so.

Though now the high schoolers are all running out of the house and going to party or shack up with their boyfriends since they're bored......facepalm.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I suspect the sex clubs are all closed. Those are all probably small businesses. Cant imagine a large corporation owning a chain of 90 of them, like a Dennys franchise. So will those entrepreneurs git a guvmint check too just like General Motors?

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
            I suspect the sex clubs are all closed. Those are all probably small businesses. Cant imagine a large corporation owning a chain of 90 of them, like a Dennys franchise. So will those entrepreneurs git a guvmint check too just like General Motors?
            Kind of hard to run a sex club or a brothel with social distancing even if they are classified as essential businesses.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X