Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was there more unity in America? Now or during World War II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was there more unity in America? Now or during World War II?

What do folks think?

Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Vice President Pence has been exhibiting unity, proudness And he is reminding us of the leader ship this country used to have.

George S Patton

Comment

Unquestionably during WWII.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I agree, far more unity during WW 2. The MSM back then wasn't trying to torpedo the President at every turn for one.

Comment

When Pearl Harbor happened. Republicans and Democrats completely joined together. I just also love the Way Republican and Democratic politicians dressed and acted during those times these were great men of history

to tags Point the current president is very much bombastic that wasn’t so much the case with previous presidents. Fdr was vehemently criticized by some portions of the press not so much After Pearl Harbor but most certainly before it especially when he ran for his third term

so now here we are dealing with the coronavirus it’s happening now. CNN seems to be somewhat critical of Trump perhaps more than somewhat And Trump is still using the term fake news to describe CNN and other outlets. So both trump that is President Trump and the media outlets Have got to work together

We should consider centering those panic and fear mongers on social media in the modern times. We could even consider having the CDC take over temporarily for CNN and Fox News when it comes to reporting on these issues surrounding coronavirus. Now that’s just an idea it’s just a mere idea.

George S Patton

Comment

It's possible there was actually more unity during the Civil War than there is now.

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
              It's possible there was actually more unity during the Civil War than there is now.
              Well that’s an interesting thought. Hopefully the whole world can unite in some manner obviously we will still have differences but unite in some manner to defeat this corona thing

George S Patton

Comment

The well respected Republican Strom Thrumon Referred to FDR as the greatest leader of world history. This was a different time in history though. The entire country united to defeat the axis powers. It may have been the most unified time in American history. I have been in the hospital for 20 days and it is my hero FDR that keeps me going

And somewhat of a similar manner today the governor of California and the governor of New York Whom are both Democrats have been working with President Trump and they have been sort of respecting each other

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                  When Pearl Harbor happened. Republicans and Democrats completely joined together. I just also love the Way Republican and Democratic politicians dressed and acted during those times these were great men of history

to tags Point the current president is very much bombastic that wasn’t so much the case with previous presidents. Fdr was vehemently criticized by some portions of the press not so much After Pearl Harbor but most certainly before it especially when he ran for his third term

so now here we are dealing with the coronavirus it’s happening now. CNN seems to be somewhat critical of Trump perhaps more than somewhat And Trump is still using the term fake news to describe CNN and other outlets. So both trump that is President Trump and the media outlets Have got to work together

We should consider centering those panic and fear mongers on social media in the modern times. We could even consider having the CDC take over temporarily for CNN and Fox News when it comes to reporting on these issues surrounding coronavirus. Now that’s just an idea it’s just a mere idea.
                  Just a note of interest on this:

My son (he's 23 and in college) was watching a Trump briefing on FOX and the same one on CNN. He told me that the running banner at the bottom of the screen on FOX was something to the effect "Trump holds press conference..." On CNN their banner was "X number of dead, Y number confirmed having virus, experts predict huge number of new cases..."
                  His point in making that comparison, was FOX's banner pertained to what Trump was doing. CNN's was a blatant (in his view) attempt to smear Trump as ineffective and spewing nonsense. It had nothing to do with the actual press conference you were viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

My son (he's 23 and in college) was watching a Trump briefing on FOX and the same one on CNN. He told me that the running banner at the bottom of the screen on FOX was something to the effect "Trump holds press conference..." On CNN their banner was "X number of dead, Y number confirmed having virus, experts predict huge number of new cases..."
                    His point in making that comparison, was FOX's banner pertained to what Trump was doing. CNN's was a blatant (in his view) attempt to smear Trump as ineffective and spewing nonsense. It had nothing to do with the actual press conference you were viewing.
                    It would be interested to make a comparison with what FOX banner was telling when Obama was giving a press conference about the Swine Flu or the MERS and Ebola

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

And something else: Criticizing the political leader even doing war is not new. If some people think that such criticism is tearing the country apart, they should recall that Britain finished fighting WWII with Churchill and not Chamberlain. We also have the unfortunate coincidence of having the crisis taking place during an election year, but we should not avoid criticism (including harsh criticism) because of some call for unity under an incompetent government which asks us now to give it 4 more years of power.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Says something about the old saw, 'No dumb questions'.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

There seems to be a constant notion that the media should coddle the president and hide the facts. Of course the gravity of covid is relevant to a briefing on covid. That same ticker is constantly displayed on CNN, but it should be taken down when Trump is speaking because his supporters are so damn sensitive.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

There seems to be a constant notion that the media should coddle the president and hide the facts. Of course the gravity of covid is relevant to a briefing on covid. That same ticker is constantly displayed on CNN, but it should be taken down when Trump is speaking because his supporters are so damn sensitive.
                            Certain RW media will kiss Trump's as* even if it has been infected with the virus....

Comment

I agree that CNN is unfair to Trump. And at the same time President Trump constantly call CNN fake news so it goes both ways.

Hope it is that there’s more unity and going forward. Hope all goes well with you and your family. The death rate in the US according to Johns Hopkins university is 1.5% and that does not include unreported numbers. This death rate is far lower than the black plague of the middle ages and other plagues and viruses

i’m praying and hoping for all of the folks who are on the ventilators. That is a real situation and hope is we can lower the death rate even more than the .05% that must be yet why didn’t be lower than that

Folks are keep in mind that like you know like everyone knows that there are so many unreported cases of people getting this and recovering or people not even knowing that they got it and then recovery

The centers for disease control is the best outlet to look into

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X