Chinese and Russian Disinformation Against the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese and Russian Disinformation Against the US

Sickness or not, the enemies of the US are continuing with disinformation campaigns. This is typical of both countries and it continues unabated. Hopefully, Trump will listen to the intelligence agencies this time...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
    China and Russia have both seized on the novel coronavirus to wage disinformation campaigns that seek to sow doubts about the United States’ handling of the crisis and deflect attention from their own struggles with the pandemic, according to American intelligence officials and diplomats.

Kremlin-aligned websites aimed at Western audiences have trafficked in conspiracy theories to spread fear in Europe and political division in the United States, the officials said, noting that Russia’s diplomats and state-run news media have arguably been more restrained.

China has been more overtly aggressive. It has used a network of government-linked social media accounts to spread discredited, and sometimes contradictory, theories. And China has adopted Russia’s playbook for more covert operations, mimicking Kremlin disinformation campaigns and even using and amplifying some of the same conspiracy sites.

The propaganda campaigns show how both countries turned to a typical authoritarian tactic of spreading propaganda to undermine their shared adversary, the United States, rather than addressing public criticism of their own problems.

In the days to come, China is likely to back off the public spread of disinformation through its Foreign Ministry and network of embassies and to more fully embrace the more subtle Russian-style approach, relying on its intelligence services to spread misinformation about the origins of the virus and China’s handling of it, senior American intelligence officials assessed.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Herpa derp. The USA has spent 70 odd years demonising anyone that didn’t buy into the captain America mythology. Did you never expect to get kicked when you were down? Not that I don’t think the USA is - far all it’s faults - a great nation well worthy of admiration, but when you are arrogant in victory and blame your friends and allies in defeat, then are you really surprised your enemies gloat when you show a chink in the armour?
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I have a problem with anyone who attacks my country-either foreign or domestic. And Russia has been an enemy of the US since at least 1945 if not before War II. And the Chinese are just as bad, no matter what Trump says or thinks.

I'm not surprised at all. But it should be advertised when it happens as an alert since Trump doesn't understand squat.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Wait...who here thinks that China or Russia or any country would not hold back facts that make that particular country look bad?
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X