• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of talk about AOC, Silence about Massie

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...icans-created/

Excerpts

Thomas Massie is a monster Republicans created

Republicans were aghast that one of their own had committed such a monstrously selfish act.

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), in purely symbolic opposition to the $2.2 trillion emergency
    coronavirus legislation, forced hundreds of his colleagues to risk their lives — literally — by flying back to Washington. So what if many of the lawmakers are elderly and at high risk?

President Trump
    called Massie a “third rate Grandstander” and proposed to “throw Massie out of Republican Party!”

Joining in bipartisan revulsion, former secretary of state John Kerry
    sharedTrump’s tweet and added: “Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an a--hole. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity.”

But if Republicans are disturbed by Massie, they might pause for self-reflection. Massie is the epitome of the anti-government culture they have nurtured and encouraged. He embodies the drain-the-swamp political philosophy they have embraced.

“I came here to make sure our Republic doesn’t die by unanimous consent in an empty chamber, and I request a recorded vote!” the bespectacled rebel said in his quickly-stifled stunt.

“Shut the f--- up,” Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.) replied from the gallery, an ABC News
    journalist heard.

Massie has it backward. Unanimous consent doesn’t kill the Republic. Unanimity, or at least consensus, is what we need in Washington, and what we have lost. Massie and scores like him in the congressional GOP exist to break up consensus, to throw sand in the gears, to hobble government. Maybe Massie’s antics in this moment of national crisis will help Republicans remember that the government they’ve been demonizing is the only thing they have to save a collapsing national economy and stop a deadly disease.

Massie, a believer in the “deep state” conspiracy, is a product of the tea party, a protege of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and a collaborator with outgoing Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), who is becoming Trump’s chief of staff, when they tried to oust then-Speaker John Boehner.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Both AOC and Massie don't have two brain cells between them to rub together:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slammed a Republican congressman who attempted to slow the passage of a $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Both AOC and Massie don't have two brain cells between them to rub together:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
      House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slammed a Republican congressman who attempted to slow the passage of a $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief bill.
      At least AOC had enough brain cells to not try to slow the passage of the bill.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

At least AOC had enough brain cells to not try to slow the passage of the bill.
        She's still a screeching harpie that is more than annoying.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

And in a bit of utter hypocrisy, the traitor and liar joins in...

Joining in bipartisan revulsion, former secretary of state John Kerry shared Trump’s tweet and added: “Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an a--hole. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity.
          How much more massively stupid of an a--hole can you possibly be than John Kerry?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X