X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wshington State bans fishing

Talk about dictatorial powers!

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/sta...life-managers/
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Makes absolutely no sense so far as COVID is concerned, and I don't like the lie told: "if you don't voluntarily stay home we will cite you." That's mandatory - not voluntary and it smacks of martial law.

This whole thing is wildly out of hand.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Well, it is that bastion of Progressivism Washington State...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Well, it is that bastion of Progressivism Washington State...
        Only a little over half of the voters are in that Progessivism thing, but they are the ones that gave us a Stalin clone for governor. He's also aided by a rather broad reaching emergency powers act which may need to be revised next time our Legislature convenes.

EXCERPT from OP link;
        The unprecedented statewide closure comes on the heels of Gov. Jay Inslee’s Monday order directing Washingtonians to stay home to limit the spread of COVID-19.

“This is not a decision we take lightly, but it’s the right thing to do for the health and well-being of Washington’s families,” Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Director Kelly Susewind said in a news release. “Monday’s extraordinary order for the residents of our state to stay home requires all of us to work together to ensure these measures have the intended effect.”

The closure will last through April 8. WDFW will re-evaluate on April 6 whether the closure may need to be extended.

WDFW enforcement officers will be patrolling, spokeswoman Staci Lehman said. If they find people fishing, they will notify them of the closure.

Comment

In other words, the Fish and Game Officers are on leave
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Well we need to have recreation. FDR built parks for Americans during the great depression what a brilliant man. He actually built Chestnut Ridge Park which is by me and I never knew that until recently. So we need to maintain activities but we also need to have folks keep their distance. I am also one of the people who question The seriousness of the coronavirus. But here we are we are in a situation where we have shut down all the sports leagues all the businesses so we have to do what we have to do. Whether one agrees with the response to the virus we are where we are. The bottom line is out the elderly people do seem to be affected by the state we have to protect those people.

The seriousness of the coronavirus. But here we are we are in a situation where we have shut down all the sports leagues all the businesses so we have to do what we have to do. Whether one agrees with the response to the virus we are where we are. The bottom line is out the elderly people do seem to be affected by the state we have to protect those people.

did the original poster thank you for that message to Support during my spinal injury recovery. I’ve always respected you. I know that in Jacksonville the golf courses are still open. So we got recreation activities still going on people just need to be a little bit more careful.
            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Right now we are not Democrats we are not Republicans we are all Americans. The stories of unity are so utterly inspiring and they are crushing the dividers of the world . I’m so thankful to the posters in this thread who are such a beautiful people that stand for unity that stand for American greatness. The people of ACG are united against this coronat thing
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Isn't fishing a fairly solitary activity? No problem in social distancing I would have thought.
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  In other words, the Fish and Game Officers are on leave
                  WDFW enforcement officers will be patrolling, spokeswoman Staci Lehman said. If they find people fishing, they will notify them of the closure.
                  Hard to be patrolling from home. DUH
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X