Governor Orders Coloradoans To Stay Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor Orders Coloradoans To Stay Home

Gov. Polis yesterday officially ordered all of us to stay home due to the current crisis. Exceptions are for necessary movement to shop, medical care, take care of someone else, essential workers and so forth. The governor is not, according to himself, an "essential worker" and will be staying home.

During his lengthy speech he lost no opportunity to fan the flames of panic, making wild claims of tens of thousands of deaths and similar inflammatory remarks..

FYI...Polis is a Democrat.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Today's reports are of 1086 cases; with no action that would 5000 cases in a week, a Million in a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
      Today's reports are of 1086 cases; with no action that would 5000 cases in a week, a Million in a month.
      No...it would not. The governor has produced no facts to support his wild and irresponsible claims; however, if he keeps it up he will have to explain his own failure to act appropriately in handling the situation. It's on his shoulders...no one else's.

Polis, BTW, barely survived a recent citizen recall, and his survival remains questionable.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No...it would not. The governor has produced no facts to support his wild and irresponsible claims; however, if he keeps it up he will have to explain his own failure to act appropriately in handling the situation. It's on his shoulders...no one else's.

e.
        It's impossible to say how bad it would be without the restrictions. Any estimate can be wrong.

Ohio put its first restrictions on bars and restaurants closing them on March 16th. Much tighter restrictions were put into effect on March 23rd.

I figure the Denver area will be a hot spot for transmission with its major airport.
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Make a run NOW for essentials.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            You guys used to snigger at preppers before...
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

You guys used to snigger at preppers before...
              How can you not?

I think it would be better to work to prevent societal collapse than sit back and plan to make it work in your favor.

Comment

Well, I guess the Republican governor of Maryland is a similar idiot.
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No...it would not.
                  It's simply the maths, extrapolating following the trend for most western countries.

Comment

And the doctor's and scientists are highly recommending staying home unless you have to go to the doctor or to shop. North Carolina hasn't done it yet so we'll see what happens.

It is too bad, though, that even in a pandemic some have to resort to partisan politics no matter what the situation is.

The US now has the most coronavirus cases of any nation, including China, and the number of dead is rising.
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

'We are doing very well with, I think, almost all of the governors, for the most part,' he said during a town hall on Fox News on Tuesday. 'But you know, it's a two-way street. They have to treat us well.'

WIH
                      He means they have to kiss his ask and load praise on him to get
                      help
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Agree. If someone isn't 'nice' to Trump, then they are 'nasty.'
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          Really?

Comment

US coronavirus statistics as of 0812 EST 27 March:

Infected: 83,545; Deaths: 1,201; Recovered: 1,864.

Comment

Indiana has had "in shelter" mode now since Tuesday I believe....apart from the store/restaurant closures, I don't think anyone here is taking it seriously. I see a LOT of people out and about doing regular business.

With regard to the situation as a whole, I'm of the firm belief that the exceptionally low fuel prices are the reason why we haven't yet seen panic/violence/fighting in the streets, and hopefully this will not happen.
                              You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X