Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Cuomo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Draft Cuomo

    So the Democrats are considering a "Draft Cuomo" movement, which is understandable because Biden...well Biden is past his prime. Anyway, Cuomo has been in the news a lot lately, and Democrats have been bouncing the idea around that he could step in as the nominee. What do you think?

    Now the DNC might even be able to change its rules and nullify the the state primaries that have been held. I don't see why not, unless they were bound by contract to the state parties or something like that. In that case, they could send all the candidates to a brokered convention where Democrat party bosses hash it out—for Cuomo. Now I don't know if they would do this, because it opens up a can of worms, buuut, you never know.

    Here is a link for some background information:
    Democrats are increasingly worried that Joe Biden will have trouble being relevant and compelling in the long four months between now and when he is nominated in July.
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

    "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

  • #2
    I doubt the Bernie mob would go for this.

    Comment


    • #3
      If I were a consultant to the DNC, I would've advised them to finance and prop up a libertarian candidate. It will take votes away from Trump.

      Comment


      • #4
        If I were the head of the DNC, I'd chalk this election up as a lost cause and focus on governor an state races instead with the intent to build support for a moderate candidate. I'd say a great one for President for the Democrats in 2024 would be Kristen Synema of Arizona. She has morphed from a Progressive of the AOC type into a moderate Democrat and can talk and walk it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree the Bernie crowd would go nuts.
          If the DNC were honest Bernie would be their fall back guy because he has the second most delegates. Not Cuomo who isn’t even in the race.
          Biden’s apparent problems may have even inspired Bernie to stay in the race.

          Now Biden is facing an allegation from a former female staffer who has accused him of “penetrative sexual assault”
          https://newsone.com/3917043/tara-rea...reaks-silence/

          I have no idea if this is legitimate, but it will be amusing to watch the party of “believe all women” and the media try to ignore the claim.
          I have seen no mention of it in the MSM, but suspect if it had been against trump it would be the the news 24/7.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

          Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            If I were a consultant to the DNC, I would've advised them to finance and prop up a libertarian candidate. It will take votes away from Trump.
            They did it 4 years ago and will do it again now .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nikki View Post
              If I were a consultant to the DNC, I would've advised them to finance and prop up a libertarian candidate. It will take votes away from Trump.
              I don't know if that would work. That's been the Republican strategy: nominate moderates like McCain and Romney and hope they take votes away from Democrats. It failed for us and it might fail for the Democrats.

              The Dems' problem is that they're too divided. Cuomo might be more acceptable to the Bernie Bros than Biden, given his recent coverage by the press.
              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

              "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                I agree the Bernie crowd would go nuts.
                If the DNC were honest Bernie would be their fall back guy because he has the second most delegates. Not Cuomo who isn’t even in the race.
                Biden’s apparent problems may have even inspired Bernie to stay in the race.

                Now Biden is facing an allegation from a former female staffer who has accused him of “penetrative sexual assault”
                https://newsone.com/3917043/tara-rea...reaks-silence/

                I have no idea if this is legitimate, but it will be amusing to watch the party of “believe all women” and the media try to ignore the claim.
                I have seen no mention of it in the MSM, but suspect if it had been against trump it would be the the news 24/7.
                Bernie's chances are slim to none, but his followers might support Cuomo over Biden. After all, Biden should not even be runnign due to his declining mental acuity, and Cuomo has been trending on Twitter, which might mean Bernie Bros prefer him.

                It might not even happen though. It just goes to show what a mess the Democrats are right now.
                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                Comment


                • #9
                  No one is drafting Cuomo, just like no one believe Hillary was going to run again. You fell into the RW gossip trap. Now we all get to hear about the latest conspiracy theory. Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    ...No one is drafting Cuomo, just like no one believe Hillary was going to run again. You fell into the RW gossip trap...
                    Bingo.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by American87 View Post

                      I don't know if that would work. That's been the Republican strategy: nominate moderates like McCain and Romney and hope they take votes away from Democrats. It failed for us and it might fail for the Democrats.

                      The Dems' problem is that they're too divided. Cuomo might be more acceptable to the Bernie Bros than Biden, given his recent coverage by the press.
                      If the goal is to take votes away from Trump, that's their best bet. It might be too late for Bernie to switch and run as an independent. He would have to petition each state to appear on their ballot. He might be able to pull that off, he still have time. Most states allow until July or August to submit the petition. However, some states have some pretty strict requirements. The only other political party with 100% ballot access in all states is the Libertarian Party. The Green Party is close but they are missing a few states.

                      Bernie still have time to do this but he'll have to decide soon. Unless he made a commitment not to run against the Democratic nominee. I'm not sure if he did or not. I don't follow Bernie.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        If I were the head of the DNC, I'd chalk this election up as a lost cause and focus on governor an state races instead with the intent to build support for a moderate candidate..
                        The election is over 7 months away. A lot can happen in that time that can affect the election. Four months ago who foresaw the corona virus /covid-19 other than a few odd experts ? Today it crowds out 90% of the other news.
                        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                          No one is drafting Cuomo, just like no one believe Hillary was going to run again. You fell into the RW gossip trap. Now we all get to hear about the latest conspiracy theory. Thanks!
                          Do facts ever interfere with your prejudices?

                          RW?

                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...re/ar-BB11F21K

                          https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...for-cuomo.html
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                          Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                            The national review is a RW outlet. Just like the gossip queens said Hillary was gonna run again. We got to see all those threads made here by the conspiracy theorists with the same 'proof.' Don't fall for gossip so easily.

                            And that has led a few conspiracy theorists (mostly conservatives, who figure anything negative about the presumptive presidential nominee of the opposition party is fun and profitable) to speculate about Andrew Cuomo somehow supplanting Biden. Here’s the National Review’s John Fund

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                              The national review is a RW outlet. Just like the gossip queens said Hillary was gonna run again. We got to see all those threads made here by the conspiracy theorists with the same 'proof.' Don't fall for gossip so easily.
                              National review is not a right wing outfit.
                              Maybe at one time, but no more.

                              The article was carried on MSN also not a RW outfit.
                              I note you were silent about NYMagazine which is published by Vox. You know, the left wing outfit.

                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                              Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X