The "Ford F-150" Respirator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Ford F-150" Respirator

DEARBORN, Mich. — Ford is helping 3M redesign the powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) that it makes for first responders and health care workers to protect them from contracting the coronavirus while treating patients.

The new device incorporates a fan normally used to for ventilated F-150 seats, 3M HEPA filters, and power tool batteries for portability. Ford is looking into the feasibility of manufacturing them at an initial rate of 1,000 units per month at the Advanced Manufacturing Center, where it currently 3D-prints brake parts for the Mustang Shelby GT500, with plans to quickly expand production beyond that number....

https://fox6now.com/2020/03/24/ford-...navirus-fight/
    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Go Ford Go!

Comment

After owning a Ford for a couple years, I'm a bit concerned at just how well built these will be. But definitely nice to see someone stepping up.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Maybe they'll be built more like the crown vic.
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

We own a Mustang, a Shelby Mustand, and an Edge. All are excellent vehicles.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            After owning a Ford for a couple years, I'm a bit concerned at just how well built these will be. But definitely nice to see someone stepping up.
            I owned the 2016 Mustang until about 3 months ago when I changed over to the Dodge Challenger.
            I never had a single problem with ford. I think they all make good cars we just have our favorites.
            Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

I owned the 2016 Mustang until about 3 months ago when I changed over to the Dodge Challenger.
              I never had a single problem with ford. I think they all make good cars we just have our favorites.
              They are my favorites, until they axed half their lineup anyway, but I still have to be honest about their build quality. The Fiesta ST and Focus RS are both ridiculously fun cars to drive, but their build quality just isn't up to par. Significant engine issues on the RS due to them using the wrong head gasket, and a plethora of issues with the ST.

I don't have experience with the Mustang, but I've heard the V8 has major problems as well. That said, I still wouldn't mind having one at some point. Gotta take the good with the bad.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                DEARBORN, Mich. — Ford is helping 3M redesign the powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) that it makes for first responders and health care workers to protect them from contracting the coronavirus while treating patients.

The new device incorporates a fan normally used to for ventilated F-150 seats, 3M HEPA filters, and power tool batteries for portability. Ford is looking into the feasibility of manufacturing them at an initial rate of 1,000 units per month at the Advanced Manufacturing Center, where it currently 3D-prints brake parts for the Mustang Shelby GT500, with plans to quickly expand production beyond that number....

https://fox6now.com/2020/03/24/ford-...navirus-fight/
                Now that’s a beautiful thing right there. Our world has been through far far worse plagues and sicknesses in this thing going on now

May God help us beat this corona thing and also the delirium and panic that the media has been causing. There’s good reporting going on but there’s also bad reporting going on. There’s a lot of good reporting in the media but we need to watch out for any media reports that are leading to panic which would lead people to stress. So it’s about staying positive
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Is that spirit of Henry Ford

Ford motor company representing American greatness
                  Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                  Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                    Maybe they'll be built more like the crown vic.
                    Let's hope this isn't Ford turning out a Pinto...

Comment

Dyson the vacuum maker will also make ventilators.

Comment

GM is in on it too. These types of squirrel cage fans have been used in vehicles for years.

Comment

Ford is the only car company of the 'big three' that didn't take federal bailout money in 2008 and it really put the Obama administration out of joint. Too bad. When we bought our two Fords in late 2008 the dealership told us that their truck sales kept them afloat.

And the service we get on maintenance at the Ford dealership is outstanding.
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Good for Ford, let's see how long before someone blasts them as evil capitalist cashing in on the crisis, after all, that's the job of the demonrats .
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Don't hold your breath...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X