Whats in the Bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Why does the JFK Center for Preforming Arts need money?
    Perhaps because of this:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...lus/index.html

"This is a federal agency that is funded by a mixture of appropriations and ticket revenues. They've had to cancel all their performances, so they have no revenue and have already laid off nearly 800 people. If they don't get a cash infusion, they will become insolvent and could be unable to reopen," the aide said.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Perhaps because of this:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...lus/index.html

"This is a federal agency that is funded by a mixture of appropriations and ticket revenues. They've had to cancel all their performances, so they have no revenue and have already laid off nearly 800 people. If they don't get a cash infusion, they will become insolvent and could be unable to reopen," the aide said.
      So they are in the same shape as most of the rest of the country. Is there a proviso to help every mom and pop neighborhood store out here in fly over country?
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

So they are in the same shape as most of the rest of the country. Is there a proviso to help every mom and pop neighborhood store out here in fly over country?
        Is pamak really the person you should be asking this? Or should it be the people who are responsible for running your country? Or are you of the "everyone for himself" mindset?
        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          300 million for Public Broadcasting
          100 Million for NASA
          720 Million for Social Security service, (200 million to the fund, everything else for the administration)
          35 million to JFK center of preforming arts
          15 million to Community development fund.
          7 million to the fair housing act
          1 billion for Obama phones
          227 million for youth activities
          And much much more that has nothing to do with wellness.
          Why do you start pointless trolling threads? Isn't there a 'joke' forum here? All you're doing is spreading propaganda.

Comment

We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

You can say the same thing for every business that will eventually gets some help
              You do not know, if they are in the same situation and how the coronavirus affected their gross revenues. From what I understand (and no, I have not tracked the particulars in all states) the "fly over" country seems to have it better due to the coronavirus also "flying over," meaning less tourism/traffic, and due to much less population density.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

By the way, what are the "Obama phones"? This sounds like a talking point from some RW site (whose link was not posted)
                Please.....everyone calls them Obama phones. Even the drug dealers. They'll have an Iphone XR in one pocket, and their Obama phone in the other. Their words, not mine.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

You can say the same thing for every business that will eventually gets some help
                  You do not know, if they are in the same situation and how the coronavirus affected their gross revenues. From what I understand (and no, I have not tracked the particulars in all states) the "fly over" country seems to have it better due to the coronavirus also "flying over," meaning less tourism/traffic, and due to much less population density.
                  Not our fault that we weren't a bunch of arrogant ****wits who thought it was a superior, nigh Elite, idea to pack 15,000 people per square mile.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

Not our fault that we weren't a bunch of arrogant ****wits who thought it was a superior, nigh Elite, idea to pack 15,000 people per square mile.
                    Ohh got it, blame the victims...

As usual

Comment

Please.....everyone calls them Obama phones. Even the drug dealers. They'll have an Iphone XR in one pocket, and their Obama phone in the other. Their words, not mine.
                      I REALLY do not understand what you are saying. Do you have a link which explains these "Obama phones"?

Comment

Sorry, no link for things personally experienced over 1000 times during the last decade. I'm noting that Obama Phone is a term in common usage among certain elements of society, elements that are distinctly not media pundits or the like.

My apologies. 819 times as the arresting officer, I just checked. Being an FTO for 3ish years means that I wasn't the primary arresting officer for about 6 months out of each of those years.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

Why do you start pointless trolling threads? Isn't there a 'joke' forum here? All you're doing is spreading propaganda.
                          Prove it Take each of the numbers I provided, and prove they are not in the bill.
                          Last edited by Urban hermit; 26 Mar 20, 10:35.
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            And this is: As it should be...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

President Donald Trump's businesses are barred from getting loans or investments under the new $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus deal, according to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The Trump Organization, which the president has not divested, is run by his two elder sons, Donald Jr. and Eric. The company controls several hotels, resorts and golf clubs, including Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida. The resort closed last week, during its peak season.

Lawmakers and the White House reached an agreement early Wednesday after days of tense, roller-coaster negotiations that added to uncertainty in markets.
                            Democrats and other critics of the president were concerned that Trump's businesses would receive bailout money because the tourism industry is one of the hardest-hit by the coronavirus, which has spurred leaders to restrict travel and companies to cut capacity and close up shop.

The measure will also ban businesses controlled by Vice President Mike Pence, Cabinet members and lawmakers from receiving the funds, according to details circulated by Schumer, D-N.Y.
                            Do not these people with these business also have employees working for them? What difference does it make if they give to one business and not the other? Just asking.
                            Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Where's your link in the original post? 1 billion Reagan phones? 1 billion Obama phones? Get your priorities straight!
                              And of course you go straight to the race card, blaming black people.

The bill gives more to corporations than it does the middle class. You support that!

Let the corporations that don't pay taxes have the most freebies! Is that your position!?
                              Corporate welfare = good! Middle class welfare = bad! Because black drug dealers.....smdh

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                                Where's your link in the original post? 1 billion Reagan phones? 1 billion Obama phones? Get your priorities straight!
                                And of course you go straight to the race card, blaming black people.

The bill gives more to corporations than it does the middle class. You support that!

Let the corporations that don't pay taxes have the most freebies! Is that your position!?
                                Corporate welfare = good! Middle class welfare = bad! Because black drug dealers.....smdh

Getty ImagesDEMOCRATS HOLD AMERICANS HOSTAGE WITH WISH LIST STIMULUS [OPINION]

KEN PITTMAN
                                March 24, 2020

Selfish and irresponsible politicking by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) has badly tainted the COVID-19 stimulus plan.

Included in a disgusting money grab for the Democratic Party, they held up passing the stimulus plan intended to help those most affected by the coronavirus crisis for their completely unrelated wish list:
                                • $10,000 college student debt relief
                                • Eliminating the entire U.S. Postal Service debt
                                • Mandating that airlines reduce their carbon emissions by 50 percent by 2050
                                • Forcing federal agencies to prove they are using more minority-owned banks
                                • Restrict colleges from requiring citizenship status (aka giving access to taxpayer-funded financial aid for illegal immigrants)
                                • Automatic increases in non-immigrant visas
                                • $35 million for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington D.C.
                                • $1 billion for more discounted cell phone service ("Obamaphones") for low-income consumers
                                • Expansive new tax credits for wind and solar energy
                                • Increased collective bargaining and carve-outs for Big Labor
                                • Required same-day voter registration and early voting
                                • Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
                                • Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards
                                • A requirement for companies receiving assistance to impose a $15/hour minimum wage
                                • $1 billion “Cash for Clunkers”-style program where the government buys planes from airlines
                                • $1.5 million to study climate change mitigation efforts in the civil aviation and aerospace industries
                                • New OSHA requirements on hospitals

Read More: Dems Hold Americans Hostage with Wish List Stimulus [OPINION] | https://wbsm.com/democrats-hold-amer...edium=referral
                                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X