The Federal Relief Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Federal Relief Package

Perhaps this will get done this week-Let's hope so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    Senate Minority Leader
    Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., announced Tuesday that lawmakers are very close to reaching a deal on a nearly $2 trillion stimulus package meant to address widespread health and economic problems created by the coronavirus
    outbreak, and that an agreement could be reached "in the next few hours."
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Unless Obama phones, arts funding and union help are thrown in... real sneaky like by you know who.
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Nope.

Actual aid was defeated.

Because Pelosi and company thought it was more important to care about diversity in corporate boardrooms, same-day voter registration, and a laundry list of other Democrat political desires over aid to the People.

I have come to the conclusion that all of the Good Democrats are no longer among the living. And not one Democrat currently among the living is Good.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        Nope.

Actual aid was defeated.

Because Pelosi and company thought it was more important to care about diversity in corporate boardrooms, same-day voter registration, and a laundry list of other Democrat political desires over aid to the People.

I have come to the conclusion that all of the Good Democrats are no longer among the living. And not one Democrat currently among the living is Good.
        .Pelosi cannot defeat the Senate. Schumer also cannot get the majority of the votes in the Senate

In short, another baseless claim.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

.Pelosi cannot defeat the Senate. Schumer also cannot get the majority of the votes in the Senate

In short, another baseless claim.

Pelosi can defeat the Senate in the sense that she could prevent the bill to advance to the Senate. Schumer not having majority is moot, his power is that the GOP does not have super majority and if Schmmer runs a tight ship, legislature cannot pass the Senate to Trump's desk.

If something that simple cannot be understood, then there is almost no point in further political discussion.
          Last edited by Salinator; 24 Mar 20, 20:11.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Not to mention it seems Senators can't vote remotely so all they have to do is wait a couple days for some more Senators to have to go into self-quarantine.

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
              Not to mention it seems Senators can't vote remotely so all they have to do is wait a couple days for some more Senators to have to go into self-quarantine.
              In the old days, being present in the Senate was a good thing as a proof of life and vote. Nowadays we have sh!t like webcams and conferencing technology. In fact, all of Congress should work from home as that is what they told us to do.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Pelosi can defeat the Senate in the sense that she could prevent the bill to advance to the Senate. Schumer not having majority is moot, his power is that the GOP does not have super majority and if Schmmer runs at tight ship, legislature cannot pass the Senate to Trump's desk.

If something that simple cannot be understood, then there is almost no point in further political discussion.
                And the GOP in the Senate can block the passage of any of Pelosi's bill. Schumer also does not have a supermajority to advance his plan. And Trump can do it also with veto power.

Meanwhile, instead of having unsupported claims, let's see what the House and the Senate proposed...

The simple thing that must be understood is that everybody can claim whatever he wants without links and facts.

I will do the start, noting that I am open to any challenge of the information I see in the following link, as long as there is a source. I do not pretend that I know all the details of all the different propositions that both parties try to push. The link has a dozen or so differences between the House's and the Senate's bill (as the GOP tried to pass it initially). Let's see the first one

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-145388

Bigger cash payments to Americans

Democrats want to further plump the direct payments that would go out to Americans under the bill, proposing $1,500 per person, instead of the $1,200 on the table under the Senate measure laid out Sunday. Unlike the latest plan from Senate Republicans, however, higher earners would have to pay back part or all of the assistance over three years if their taxable income is $75,000 or more for a single filer or $150,000 or more for couples filing jointly. The money would be available to anyone with a tax ID number, and to retirees and people who are unemployed, rather than just to people who file taxes for 2019 or get Social Security.

Does anybody dispute the accuracy of the above? If they do not, then these people should explain why the above should not count for crediting the House for wanting to help the regular Americans more than the Senate.
                Last edited by pamak; 24 Mar 20, 20:14.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Anyone on government assistance has to report any income increase. For Medical and Calfresh the threshold is $1314 for a single and less for per person as household size grows. That single payment of $1500 as a lump sump payment will knock a lot of people off the assistance roll if it is not properly mandated, and the trigger mechanism protocols are followed.
                  Last edited by Salinator; 24 Mar 20, 20:52.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                    Anyone on government assistance has to report any income increase. For Medical and Calfresh the threshold is $1314 for a single and less for per person as household size grows. That single payment of $1500 as a lump sump payment will knock a lot of people of the assistance roll if it is not properly mandated, and the trigger mechanism protocols are followed.
                    This can be addressed. And of course, similar consideration must be made for the Senate version which gives $1,200. I do not know for what percentage of population this $300 difference will be damaging in the sense of putting them above the threshold for getting assistance, but even if it a small part, the House and the Senate can iron down the details to make sure that nobody will be affected. Meanwhile, we can agree that for those who are NOT in government assistance, the House plan on this issue is better. Correct?

Next, from the same link

Expanding unemployment, paid sick leave

The unemployed would get an extra $600 per week on top of state or federal benefits in order to replace 100 percent of lost wages. The measure would also extend paid sick leave benefits to cover individuals, such as health care workers and first responders, who were cut out of Congress’ second coronavirus response

Is there at face value anything wrong with that?

My general point here is that unless one has some specifics to argue regarding how the House plan and the Senate plan aim at helping regular Americans, there is no sense in making unsupported claims about any party. And yes, I would expect both parties trying to pass certain things that are in agreement with their general economic and political philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                      If the vote is sufficiently important, I do not doubt that they will move sick Senators to the floor via those sausage-like transfer stretchers, just so they can vote.
                      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                      2) Enjoy playing it
                      3) Enjoy sharing it
                      4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Did anyone supporting Pelosi and Schumer's Abortion of a bill.......read any of the stuffing they packed it chock full of?

Mandatory reporting of diversity within corporate boards?

That's just ONE of DOZENS. The economy is on the ropes, people are DYING, and the Democrats are worried about packing in mandatory reporting of the makeup of corporate boards to ensure that they are 'properly diverse'?

CLEAN ENERGY TAX CREDITS?

WTF? Leave it to the Democrats to use any emergency to push their agenda. I'll say it again, all the good democrats have already passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

The unemployed would get an extra $600 per week on top of state or federal benefits in order to replace 100 percent of lost wages. The measure would also extend paid sick leave benefits to cover individuals, such as health care workers and first responders, who were cut out of Congress’ second coronavirus response[/COLOR].

Is there at face value anything wrong with that?

My general point here is that unless one has some specifics to argue regarding how the House plan and the Senate plan aim at helping regular Americans, there is no sense in making unsupported claims about any party. And yes, I would expect both parties trying to pass certain things that are in agreement with their general economic and political philosophy.
                          Just want to note this:

It's already been covered. Got the email this morning. Extra sick leave has already been added to the books for all of us first responders, and if we don't get sick the leave will become personal leave in December, so we get to keep it no matter what. This was federally funded/approved. Which means that if it's made it down to the line troops, it was approved days if not weeks ago.

So putting it in this bill is an irrelevancy, it's already gone and done.

Comment

The bill Pelosi originally tried to push through was 1,400 pages...

Comment

I'm hearing that this bill is getting loaded up with all sorts of crappola, more from the Democrats but the Republicans are hardly blameless.

The Democrats are trying to push all sorts of Gorebal Warming Idiot Green Deal stuff in it like tax credits for solar and wind, carbon taxes, and the like. They are trying to put in a $15 minimum wage clause too. There's funding for Planned Parenthood they want, or putting a union representative on the board of directors of corporations that take bailout money.

On the flip side the Democrats are saying the bill is nothing but a big corporation "slush fund" and bail out plan.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X