No announcement yet.

Swine vs. Corona ~ Virus/Flu ~ Context & Perpsectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truth About the Charge That Trump ‘Eliminated’ White House Pandemic Office Before Coronavirus

A chief line of attack during the coronavirus crisis from former Obama administration officials and leading Democrats is that President Donald Trump shut down a White House office on pandemics that might have stopped COVID-19 from spreading—or at least alleviated the threat.

The attack is based on a 2018 decision by then-national security adviser John Bolton to reorganize the White House’s National Security Council.

But the top National Security Council official at the time of the change stressed that no office was closed.

“We consolidated three directorates into one,” Tim Morrison, former senior director for counterproliferation and biodefense on the NSC, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview. “This eliminated layers in the reporting chain and in the accountability chain.”
    The accusation that Trump got rid of a pandemic office is among the left’s politicized attacks on the White House since the coronavirus outbreak began. The administration assembled a coronavirus task force run by Vice President Mike Pence to address security and medical issues.

President Barack Obama closed the White House Health and Security Office in 2009, according to The Washington Post. But after the emergence of the Ebola virus in 2014, the Obama administration opened the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense as part of the NSC.

As part of a larger reorganization, Bolton in 2018 merged the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense with two other functions into a new Directorate of Counterproliferation and Biodefense.

The move was based on what Bolton believed would be a natural overlap. Not a single staffer lost his position, according to Morrison, now a senior fellow specializing in Asia-Pacific security at the Hudson Institute.

However, former Vice President Joe Biden griped in a tweet referring to the NSC office on pandemics: “Donald Trump eliminated it—and now we’re paying the price.”
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/...TzlkZDJPIn0%3D
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      The Truth About the Charge That Trump ‘Eliminated’ White House Pandemic Office Before Coronavirus

A chief line of attack during the coronavirus crisis from former Obama administration officials and leading Democrats is that President Donald Trump shut down a White House office on pandemics that might have stopped COVID-19 from spreading—or at least alleviated the threat.

The attack is based on a 2018 decision by then-national security adviser John Bolton to reorganize the White House’s National Security Council.

But the top National Security Council official at the time of the change stressed that no office was closed.

“We consolidated three directorates into one,” Tim Morrison, former senior director for counterproliferation and biodefense on the NSC, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview. “This eliminated layers in the reporting chain and in the accountability chain.”
      The accusation that Trump got rid of a pandemic office is among the left’s politicized attacks on the White House since the coronavirus outbreak began. The administration assembled a coronavirus task force run by Vice President Mike Pence to address security and medical issues.

President Barack Obama closed the White House Health and Security Office in 2009, according to The Washington Post. But after the emergence of the Ebola virus in 2014, the Obama administration opened the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense as part of the NSC.

As part of a larger reorganization, Bolton in 2018 merged the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense with two other functions into a new Directorate of Counterproliferation and Biodefense.

The move was based on what Bolton believed would be a natural overlap. Not a single staffer lost his position, according to Morrison, now a senior fellow specializing in Asia-Pacific security at the Hudson Institute.

However, former Vice President Joe Biden griped in a tweet referring to the NSC office on pandemics: “Donald Trump eliminated it—and now we’re paying the price.”
      https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/...TzlkZDJPIn0%3D
      A "merge" is a downgrade. If there was overlap, then the other parts should have merged into the White House's Pandemic Office. Your link repeats things that have already be discussed...
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Actually, the "epidemics" have occurred every two years. We hold senate and congressional elections in between the presidential ones. I don't believe in that kind of coincidence.
        They're all from conspiracies?
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Actually, the "epidemics" have occurred every two years. We hold senate and congressional elections in between the presidential ones. I don't believe in that kind of coincidence.
          Why do you repeat claims that you could not defend in other threads?
          When you posted (without link) this coincidence of having epidemics every two years when we have either presidential or mid-term elections, it was shown that the dates of your mysterious link had been manipulated to create this coincidence.

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...59#post5176859
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

A "merge" is a downgrade.
            How so?
            Please document and explain this obscure position.

... If there was overlap, then the other parts should have merged into the White House's Pandemic Office.
            Why ??? !!!
            How does such over-ride the others it was merged into ???

Your link repeats things that have already be discussed...
            If so ~ such ...
            ... please provide links to such prior discussions you think disputed ~/~ invalidated ...

Comment

How so?
              Please document and explain this obscure position.

Why ??? !!!
              How does such over-ride the others it was merged into ???

If so ~ such ...
              ... please provide links to such prior discussions you think disputed ~/~ invalidated ...
              How so?

I should not need to explain it. It is common sense and it is used consistently in business and even in the army. If the leader of the team is not a Pandemic expert the pandemic agenda becomes subordinate to the agenda of the bigger organization and to whatever the leader there thinks must be prioritized. And THAT leader is not focused just on pandemic issues. For historical examples, see the numerous cases of agencies or branches trying to become independent in order to gain more control and influence (including political influence). From Army and Air Force to Wermacht and Waffen SS

WHY?

Because of what I said above. Tell the Marines to merge with the Navy and let an Admiral have the final say about everything that is related to Marines' affairs (including the military budget) to see how they will respond to you and the reasons they will find to argue for their independence.

Since you forced me to repeat myself, I do not see the point of reposting again what I posted before.
              Last edited by pamak; 26 Mar 20, 03:39.

Comment

The Chinese Communist Party Sent Thousands of Bad Wuhan Coronavirus Tests to Europe

EXCERPT:
                For weeks the Chinese Communist Party has been pumping out propaganda in an effort to absolve themselves of responsibility for the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic.

Online, communist officials continue to falsely accuse the United States military of starting the virus. In countries completely destroyed by the disease, China is trying to save face by delivering poorly made medical supplies. Last week communist officials flew to Italy to deliver medical aid and asked to be celebrated for it. The mediahappily helped them accomplish this goal.

But as expected, the goods China has been delivering are beyond faulty. In Czech Republic, the Chinese Communist Party offloaded hundreds-of-thousands of bad Wuhan coronavirus tests. An astounding 80 percent of them gave inaccurate results. Worse, China charged the Czech government rather than"gifting" them as the communist party publicly claimed. From Taiwan News:
                https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...recip=22103820

Comment

Is This Why WHO Peddled China's Propaganda on the Wuhan Coronavirus?

EXCERPT:
                  China lied and people died. That’s a fact. It’s also a fact that his pandemic originated in China. It’s called the Wuhan coronavirus. Period. China discovered evidence of this pneumonia-like illness in December and orders its scientists to destroy samples. They dragged their feet informing the public. They kept information about human-t0-human transmission buried. They kept medical crews in the dark. And strong-armed doctors in China who were trying to do the right thing, but it’s not their fault. I cannot eyeroll hard enough. And remember the World Health Organization pretty much spreading Chinese misinformation in January (via Fox News):
                  The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.
                  The Chinese government reportedly knew the disease was spreading before the tweet was sent, according to the South China Morning Post.

And yet, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus continues to praise China for its transparency over this fiasco, according to the Daily Caller. It all makes sense when you find out that China had backed Tedros’ 2017 bid to be WHO director-general. Talk about quid pro quo, huh? And in a lengthy piece at DC, they detail this link, as well as placing heavy blame on China for totally screwing up the response that could have kept this virus contained. Instead, they decided to let it spread to the rest of the world because what else would you expect from an ethnocentric, authoritarian regime that views the West with deep suspicion (via Daily Caller):
                  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...recip=22103820

Going through another thread revealed this alternate view and added details;
                  https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3...t-unusual.html
                  Last edited by G David Bock; 26 Mar 20, 16:45.

Comment

Pompeo: The Chinese Government Is Still Lying and Covering Up Information About the Wuhan Coronavirus

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...recip=22103820

Comment

Pompeo: The Chinese Government Is Still Lying and Covering Up Information About the Wuhan Coronavirus

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...recip=22103820
                      This contradicts your earlier message of coronavirus being over exaggerated.

I'm still not interested in paying you, so no need to reply.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I really dont understand why the modern white conservative american has issues with immigrants, gay/trans, liberals and science...

your actual government is maximum incompetent in all areas and actively ruins the life of the majority of americans. it is super duper obvious and everyone looking at it from the outside simply facepalms. to us outsiders, the conception since the beginning of corona denial is, you are f.....!

2 trillion bailout money from your government and people still defend this cleptocracy, its the saddest time in american history. the government should help by coordination of national efforts, not block by misinformation. 15 infected will go down to 0, reopenings at easter... its so dumb. wake up! its no fun to watch the united states implode.
                        Last edited by Judith; 26 Mar 20, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

This contradicts your earlier message of coronavirus being over exaggerated.

I'm still not interested in paying you, so no need to reply.
                          As information and situation changes, so should "message"; learning curve thing. Though I don't recall specifically saying it this version of coronavirus/Wuhan virus/COVID-19 was being "over exaggerated".

As for being paid, IIRC that was only if others are "demanding" I reply to their posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Judith View Post
                            I really dont understand why the modern white conservative american has issues with immigrants, gay/trans, liberals and science...
                            It starts with a huge sense of entitlement. Everything in America is "theirs", according to them. "Their country", "their jobs", etc.

American culture which is built and predicated on hate and division has a lot to do with it as well.

2 trillion bailout money from your government and people still defend this cleptocracy, its the saddest time in american history. the government should help by coordination of national efforts, not block by misinformation. 15 infected will go down to 0, reopenings at easter... its so dumb. wake up! its no fun to watch the united states implode.
                            The people who defend what's going on aren't loyal to America, they never were. They're loyal to a party and in this case a single man. They will throw their so called values aside in support of said man and party, even when it's to the detriment of the entire country, their selves included. They are the definition of sheeple.
                            Last edited by TactiKill J.; 26 Mar 20, 19:21.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

As information and situation changes, so should "message"; learning curve thing. Though I don't recall specifically saying it this version of coronavirus/Wuhan virus/COVID-19 was being "over exaggerated".

As for being paid, IIRC that was only if others are "demanding" I reply to their posts.
                              So every time someone asks that you validate your wild claims, it's forcing you to respond and you refuse to do so. How very convenient.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Judith View Post
                                I really dont understand why the modern white conservative american has issues with immigrants, gay/trans, liberals and science....
                                I would say that I don't understand why Europeans have a superiority complex and at the same time believe utter horseshite.
                                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X