X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Donald

Republican senator tells Trump to ‘let the professionals do the talking’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...114032507.html

The person is a danger to the people. He knows more than General's and professional experienced medical professionals.

The Coron attacks all, left and right. He HAS to go as long as we still have people to vote. VOTE in Nov, regardless who as long as it isn't Doctor Trump
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Well, given all the messes the "pros" have caused in the last few decades is it so strange that we still listen to them at all...?

Comment

Well, he does run his mouth.

Of course his media counterparts are all screeching that we should panic.

I look at what he is actually saying, and it seems to be an attempt to calm public fears before everyone goes into freak out mode.
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Don't listen to the Doctors is a dangerous way in doing that I think.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Well, some days ago he candidly confessed he had no idea that flu was that lethal, then went on to claim that Covid-19 is less lethal than the average seasonal flu. I wouldn't find that level of awareness reassuring, if I were a US citizen. In the latest meeting referred to in this thread, he seems to believe that if he sternly orders a vaccine served within six months, the scientists will timely deliver his order.
          Michele

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            Well, he does run his mouth.

Of course his media counterparts are all screeching that we should panic.

I look at what he is actually saying, and it seems to be an attempt to calm public fears before everyone goes into freak out mode.

btw that hurricane was going to hit the Pan handle. (Trump lies just catch up to him when it is a serious issue) When are you suppose to believe him and when are you not.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
              Well, some days ago [Pres Trump] candidly confessed he had no idea that flu was that lethal
              That's something that any reasonably-informed citizen should know. Public health agencies from coast-to-coast have been beating that drum aggressively for several years running.

then went on to claim that Covid-19 is less lethal than the average seasonal flu.
              I'm not sure that he's wrong. For that matter, I'm not sure that he's right. I honestly have no idea if COVID-19 is more or less lethal or contagious than the seasonal flues. I suspect that the data hasn't been collected yet, due to the irregularity of diagnosis and testing in various countries. I suspect that we'll know better in a few months, however.

I wouldn't find that level of awareness reassuring, if I were a US citizen.
              There's much to dislike about Pres Trump, to be sure, but to date, it seems that the Federal Gov't is doing what it can within reason to address COVID-19.

In the latest meeting referred to in this thread, he seems to believe that if he sternly orders a vaccine served within six months, the scientists will timely deliver his order.
              Is that even possible? I honestly haven't the slightest, though I suspect that it would be unlikely.
              Last edited by slick_miester; 04 Mar 20, 12:03. Reason: I can't spell. "D'oh!"
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                Is that even possible? I honestly haven't the slightest, though I suspect that it would be unlikely.
                About as likely as ordering / demanding a vaccine for HIV(irus) within 6 months.
                ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                2) Enjoy playing it
                3) Enjoy sharing it
                4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Dr Donald (Robert) - If your down, he'll pick you up/ Dr donald/ take a drink from his special cup/ Dr donald

Beatles
                  SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                    About as likely as ordering / demanding a vaccine for HIV(irus) within 6 months.
                    Couldn't help myself, so I looked it up, and you're right.

There are yet to be vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human coronavirus infections. . . . .

The most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all coronaviruses has been placed at around 8000 BCE . . . .

Bovine coronavirus and canine respiratory coronaviruses diverged from a common ancestor in 1951.[18] Bovine coronavirus and human coronavirus OC43 diverged around the 1890s. Bovine coronavirus diverged from the equine coronavirus species at the end of the 18th century.[19]

The MRCA of human coronavirus OC43 has been dated to the 1950s.[20]

MERS-CoV, although related to several bat coronavirus species, appears to have diverged from these several centuries ago.[21] The human coronavirus NL63 and a bat coronavirus shared an MRCA 563–822 years ago. . . . .

"Coronavirus," Wikipedia
                    So the Coronoavirus family has been around for a long time, has afflicted humans for a considerable time as well, but to date there hasn't been developed a vaccine or antiviral drug to treat any of the known strains.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                      Don't listen to the Doctors is a dangerous way in doing that I think.
                      The doctors are saying that people should relax.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Republican senator tells Trump to ‘let the professionals do the talking’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...114032507.html

The person is a danger to the people. He knows more than General's and professional experienced medical professionals.

The Coron attacks all, left and right. He HAS to go as long as we still have people to vote. VOTE in Nov, regardless who as long as it isn't Doctor Trump
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Couldn't help myself, so I looked it up, and you're right.

So the Coronoavirus family has been around for a long time, has afflicted humans for a considerable time as well, but to date there hasn't been developed a vaccine or antiviral drug to treat any of the known strains.
                          "Well Tim, there might be hope ... "

‘BDS THIS’: Israel Makes ‘Exciting Breakthrough’ In Race For Coronavirus Vaccine

Israeli scientists are reportedly only a few weeks away from having developed the first vaccine to combat the coronavirus, which originated in China, and could have the vaccine available 90 days after that.

“Congratulations to MIGAL [The Galilee Research Institute] on this exciting breakthrough,” Science and Technology Minister Ofir Akunis said, according to The Jerusalem Post. “I am confident there will be further rapid progress, enabling us to provide a needed response to the grave global COVID-19 threat,” Akunis said, referring to the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
                          https://www.dailywire.com/news/bds-t..._hsmi=84033182

See also;
                          https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...54#post5174054

Comment

That's something that any reasonably-informed citizen should know. Public health agencies from coast-to-coast have been beating that drum aggressively for several years running.
                            So you agree the President should know, too.

I'm not sure that he's wrong. For that matter, I'm not sure that he's right. I honestly have no idea if COVID-19 is more or less lethal or contagious than the seasonal flues. I suspect that the data hasn't been collected yet, due to the irregularity of diagnosis and testing in various countries. I suspect that we'll know better in a few months, however.
                            We don't know exactly what the mortality rate of Covid-19 is or will be in the end, but I don't think you'll find an epidemiologist who'll say it's less lethal than the flu, on the basis of what we know now. And in any case, if we really really had no inkling whatsoever, then making any claim would be wrong.

There's much to dislike about Pres Trump, to be sure, but to date, it seems that the Federal Gov't is doing what it can within reason to address COVID-19.
                            I thought the CDC is a federal agency? The one that sent out faulty test kits. That said, this specific failure isn't Trump's personal responsibility, but it's not what I was addressing, either. I was criticizing his level of awareness.

No, it's not. That's why this is another sign of Trump's failure to grasp the basics. He sounded as if he were dealing with a building contractor who did not want to put in overtime hours in a skyscraper project.
                            Michele

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

‘BDS THIS’: Israel Makes ‘Exciting Breakthrough’ In Race For Coronavirus Vaccine

Israeli scientists are reportedly only a few weeks away from having developed the first vaccine to combat the coronavirus, which originated in China, and could have the vaccine available 90 days after that.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bds-t..._hsmi=84033182
                              Well, let's hope that pans out. Naturally, a few weeks plus 90 days is 4 months; then there is approval by other authorities that aren't the Israeli ones; and then production on worldwide scale and distribution. The full headline by a reputable source (the Jerusalem Post) is (italics are mine):

Israeli scientists: 'In a few weeks, we will have coronavirus vaccine'

Once the vaccine is developed, it will take at least 90 days to complete the regulatory process and potentially more to enter the marketplace.

Michele

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X