No announcement yet.

The Kindergarden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated, my picture was meant as sarcasm. Some of the problems with that graph:

1. What is the period in which the people indicted, convicted, etc., are counted? Are they only counted while in office, or are they counted if this occurs at some point in their life?
    2. Are the indictments and convictions for things they did in office or for unrelated issues?
    3. The sample period, and size, varies. Each administration had a variable number of people within in it and was in office for a variable length of time.
    4. It also seems to cherry pick. This goes back to #1. Gregory Craig was recently indicted for stuff he did in 2012 as part of the Obama administration. David Petraeus was indicted and convicted after leaving the Obama administration for stuff he did as part of it. That's just two examples that show the sample itself to likely be wrong.

Overall, the chart is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I'm asking a serious question in a sarcastic manner because you obviously don't know anything about statistics by putting that chart up.
      The chart is outdated, looks a lot worse now.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Other than maybe passing an entrance exam what ability has he shown
        Get off my lawn... heehee

SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post

Get off my lawn... heehee
          No kidding!

I have heard that junior whiz-kids, the kind that write symphonies at age 9 and graduate Magna cum Laude at 16 burn out very quickly. By age 30, they are pretty much finished and tend to fade away.
          May as well use this one while he's still burning brightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Other than maybe passing an entrance exam what ability has he shown
            He still has spots. Agree on the kindergarten comment-well said.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X