Crazy Bernie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Well the main language in America is English but Spanish is quite popular so we have some similarities in terms of diversity so that’s a good thing.
    Diversity kills

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

https://www.heritage.org/health-care...research-shows

https://www.webmd.com/health-insuran...-with-medicare

https://www.nasi.org/learn/medicare/gaps-medicare

As an personal aside, the wife became eligible for Medicare coverage about two years ago. She made a mistake on a submitted form and we've been dealing with that for over a year now with no resolution. While it's one case, it demonstrates how labyrinthine dealing with a huge government bureaucracy is. Blue Cross / Blue Shield our normal provider resolves problems within a week or two at the most. Government health care in a word SUCKS.
      That's your opinion, which is shaped by your media.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Damn. It’s all so simple. If it weren’t for corporations, the Drs, and nurses would all work for free. And there would be no costs to developing drugs either.
        Forgive me for my ignorance.
        Yes, that seems to be the problem in America. Greedy capitalists have infiltrated our congress and are allowed to maintain the status quo.

Comment

I agree that those charges are unreasonable, but part of that is to recover the costs of the free care hospitals are forced to dispense.
          They cannot turn away people who show up in the E/R. It is odd that you either don’t know that or are pretending it isn’t a fact.
          And if the patient is on some form of public aid, the hospital is reimbursed only what the government is willing to pay, not what the care actually costs.
          Possibly, but the costs of treating ER patients with no healthcare insurance is still price gouging. When healthcare is for all, you no longer have this ER visit conundrum.

A friend of mine is a family practice Dr. His practice limits the number of patients on public aid because they lose money on each visit from such a patient. That money must be recovered from other patients.
          I would think that you would feel the need to understand how the process works, before lecturing us on it.
          Maybe you shouldn’t rely on RW media for all your news. I understand they just spread propaganda.
          The only reason they lose money is due to capitalists costs of a for-profit system. Republicans in congress encourage this price gouging while democrats want it changed.

One side supports the corporations, the other supports the American worker.

I bet you think people with pre-existing conditions shouldn't be covered.

Comment

How is it that all of Western Europe can afford full coverage and the US can't? The Doctors till drive their Audi,BMW and Mercedes, but then again so do many workers and both have their six week vacations. US med system is screwed up.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
              Possibly, but the costs of treating ER patients with no healthcare insurance is still price gouging. When healthcare is for all, you no longer have this ER visit conundrum.

The only reason they lose money is due to capitalists costs of a for-profit system. Republicans in congress encourage this price gouging while democrats want it changed.

One side supports the corporations, the other supports the American worker.

I bet you think people with pre-existing conditions shouldn't be covered.
              You have no idea what I think about pre-existing conditions, but, unlike you, I can assure you that I understand both sides of the issue.

I'm glad you are able to conclude that the people you don't like are also responsible for all the things you don't like. All without a shred of logic or evidence. Can we blame baldness on republicans and corporations too? SHould I put my tin foil hat on now?

Contrary to your belief that it is those evil corporations, I blame the Irish.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                How is it that all of Western Europe can afford full coverage and the US can't? The Doctors till drive their Audi,BMW and Mercedes, but then again so do many workers and both have their six week vacations. US med system is screwed up.
                US healthcare is excellent.
                It is just expensive.

The introduction of government control through obamacare didn't help. That form of government control pretty much did nothing to help. So, forgive me if I prefer the excellent system in place now even if it is expensive.

Oh and unlike thoise western european nations we don't have a superpower that will step in and protect us. We must do that ourselves.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Yes, that seems to be the problem in America. Greedy capitalists have infiltrated our congress and are allowed to maintain the status quo.
                  out of curiousity, can you identify that segment of human society that is free of greed? Outside of religious orders of course.

Comment

You have no idea what I think about pre-existing conditions, but, unlike you, I can assure you that I understand both sides of the issue.
                    I can remember all the RW excuses as to why pre-existing conditions shouldn't be covered

I'm glad you are able to conclude that the people you don't like are also responsible for all the things you don't like. All without a shred of logic or evidence. Can we blame baldness on republicans and corporations too? SHould I put my tin foil hat on now?
                    Do you understand the reason the healthcare system is broken is because of these corporations you support. Not all corporations are greedy and crooked.
                    Contrary to your belief that it is those evil corporations, I blame the Irish.
                    It's proven the corporations are the problem, keep defending their profits while the middle class gets price gouged. This is another reason I don't vote republican.

There are no middle class policies in the republican party.

Comment

out of curiousity, can you identify that segment of human society that is free of greed? Outside of religious orders of course.
                      Why do you defend corporate welfare so much?

Corporate welfare = good
                      Middle class welfare = bad

This is the republican mantra. Makes sense when you realize it's the capitalists that are teaching you that conclusion.

Comment

That's your opinion, which is shaped by your media.
                        Is this you?!!

Comment

Is this you?!!

Not really an opinion, I've done the research

Comment

Not really an opinion, I've done the research
                            Well, you certainly haven't demonstrated that here. Maybe you could regale us with your wisdom where we can see that research and decide for ourselves.

Comment

If you are going to compare healthcare systems you have to recognize that life expectancy is not a measure of the quality of healthcare.
                              Life expectancy is a measure of all the risks faced over a person's lifetime. Using that as a basis to compare healthcare is dishonest.

A higher rate of deaths due to violence or accidents or poor diet will lower the overall life expectancy. It should be obvious that violence and accidents and poor diet are not the result of poor medical care.
                              If you want to compare the quality of healthcare systems you should rely on things like survival rates from serious disease.
                              Such as cancer. I did a search on "Cancer survival rates US v. Canada but was unable to find a good analysis of any differences in rates. Regardless, numerous articles noted that the cancer survival rates for the US and canada are the highest in the world. That would seem to contradict your claim about the inadequacy of US healthcare.

If you are going to claim that canda's healthcare is better then you should rely on statistics that address actual helathcare outcomes rather than something that really has nothing to do with healthcare.
                              By the way, infant mortality rates are also not a measure of the quality of healthcare.

You claim that the wait times in the dr's office are 7 minutes less than in the US. I'm not sure what that is intended to establish about the quality of care. especially when you conside it apparently takes far longer to just get into the Dr's office.

The research think-tank released a new report Thursday, Waiting Your Turn: Wait Times for Health Care in Canada, 2017, and found the median wait time in 2017 is 21.2 weeks – the longest ever recorded. By comparison, Canadians waited 9.3 weeks in 1993 when the Institute first started reporting on wait times for medical treatments.
                              https://torontosun.com/news/national...aser-institute

I guess if my wait in the office is 7 minutes less, waiting all those extra weeks becomes worth it.

More on wait times
                              After being advised that they need a procedure done, only about 35 percent of Canadians had their surgery within a month, whereas in the United States, 61 percent did. After four months, about 97 percent of Americans were able to have their surgery, whereas Canada struggled to achieve 80 percent.
                              https://fee.org/articles/america-out...ot-even-close/
                              As soon as I saw that headline I thought "Fraser Institute at it again", so I clicked on the link and guess what - Fraser Institute. Read this: https://north99.org/2018/02/15/7-dis...ser-institute/

Comment

Well, you certainly haven't demonstrated that here. Maybe you could regale us with your wisdom where we can see that research and decide for ourselves.
                                What are you talking about? All I do is educate people here on the topic. These aren't LW talking points repeated on TV. These are policy differences between the parties.

Republicans = anti-middle class policy
                                Democrats = middle and lower class policy

If a person is in the middle class voting republican, they're tricked into it. The republican party is run by corporate elitists trying to scam the American tax payer out of as much money as possible. These corporations feel it should be their welfare and not something the middle class should receive.

How do these corrupt corporations accomplish this task? Favors for specific congresspeople which equates to favorable treatment via costs, regulations and government contracts

Another glaring example, republicans support Citizens United.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X