Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Bernie!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by III Corps View Post

    How about a link? Or is this just a "Yes he is" - "No he isn't" thing?
    I think that Bloomberg's principle argument is that he is the only one who can beat Bernie.
    I think that clearly suggests that Bloomberg sees Bernie's positions as a problem for the dems.
    Even Chris Matthews of MSNBC has said running Bernie would be a disaster.


    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._to_trump.html

    While I believe that Bernie would be a bad national candidate, I can't help but recall that I thought the same thing about Trump in 2016.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

    Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

      I agree. And I guess I expect no less from politicians.
      While the dems certainly wouldn't want to address their inconsistency on that issue, it is curious that the media hasn't seemed to notice. It is almost as if the MSM is taking sides.
      Now they wouldn't do that, would they?

      On the serious side:
      Donald Trump vs. Joe Biden Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 50.4% 45.6% 4.0% Biden +4.8
      Donald Trump vs. Michael Bloomberg Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 49.6% 45.0% 5.4% Bloomberg +4.6
      Donald Trump vs. Pete Buttigieg Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 48.0% 45.8% 6.2% Buttigieg +2.2
      Donald Trump vs. Amy Klobuchar Jan 15–28, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 48.2% 46.0% 5.8% Klobuchar +2.2
      Donald Trump vs. Bernie Sanders Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 50.2% 45.6% 4.2% Sanders +4.6
      Donald Trump vs. Elizabeth Warren Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 47.7% 45.7% 6.6% Warren +2.0
      as of the
      feb 12 updatehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...polling_for_th
      ​​​​​​​
      which doesn't alow for the 4-6% structural republican swing:
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by marktwain View Post

        Now they wouldn't do that, would they?

        On the serious side:
        Donald Trump vs. Joe Biden Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 50.4% 45.6% 4.0% Biden +4.8
        Donald Trump vs. Michael Bloomberg Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 49.6% 45.0% 5.4% Bloomberg +4.6
        Donald Trump vs. Pete Buttigieg Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 48.0% 45.8% 6.2% Buttigieg +2.2
        Donald Trump vs. Amy Klobuchar Jan 15–28, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 48.2% 46.0% 5.8% Klobuchar +2.2
        Donald Trump vs. Bernie Sanders Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 50.2% 45.6% 4.2% Sanders +4.6
        Donald Trump vs. Elizabeth Warren Jan 15–30, 2020 Feb 12, 2020 47.7% 45.7% 6.6% Warren +2.0
        as of the
        feb 12 updatehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...polling_for_th
        ​​​​​​​
        which doesn't alow for the 4-6% structural republican swing:


        Prior to 2016 I would put more weight on those polls than I do now.
        For instance:

        CNN saying Hillary was up 12 points just a coup[e weeks before the election
        https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/polit...lls/index.html

        While the polls might be accurate that would mean the media has learned from its past mistakes and recognized its biases.
        I have my doubts about their ability to do anything like that.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

        Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
          He’d be a worse disaster then a lawn water sprayer on full blast inside the house
          Nice!
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            Trump is absolutely correct calling him that, the old guy is crazy, and I hope he becomes the democrat's nominee with his crazy,, un-affordable ideas, people will see it for what it is, pure BS, Trump will beat him like a Drum!
            Yep barring a more major screw up by Trump Bernie is the one way to ensure Trump gets a second term

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post



              Prior to 2016 I would put more weight on those polls than I do now.
              For instance:

              CNN saying Hillary was up 12 points just a coup[e weeks before the election
              https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/polit...lls/index.html

              While the polls might be accurate that would mean the media has learned from its past mistakes and recognized its biases.
              I have my doubts about their ability to do anything like that.
              But Comey re opened the investigation and handed Trump the win. It about that time Hillary s numbers tank badly

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post



                Prior to 2016 I would put more weight on those polls than I do now.
                For instance:

                CNN saying Hillary was up 12 points just a coup[e weeks before the election
                https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/polit...lls/index.html

                While the polls might be accurate that would mean the media has learned from its past mistakes and recognized its biases.
                I have my doubts about their ability to do anything like that.
                Te results are the aggregated polls on Wikipedia. Donald Trump's vote didn't change through the end of the impeachment . I do believe that his 'my family and I were so persecuted' speeches prob. wiped out the goodwill.

                Americans don't like whiners.
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by craven View Post

                  But Comey re opened the investigation and handed Trump the win. It about that time Hillary s numbers tank badly
                  True, but the experts didn't see that coming.
                  In fact, on 11/1/16 Hillary was reported as having a 74.1 % chance of winning. This was after Comey released his statement.

                  https://www.newsweek.com/presidentia...n-trump-515705

                  I think it is a stretch to claim that one thing cost Hillary the election. But will admit that no one can determine that with any certainty least of all me.

                  The bottom line is that the experts were stunned Trump won and the polls got it wrong.
                  I was stunned too, but I don't pretend to be an expert.
                  Last edited by Cambronnne; 20 Feb 20, 15:45.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                  Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                    Te results are the aggregated polls on Wikipedia. Donald Trump's vote didn't change through the end of the impeachment . I do believe that his 'my family and I were so persecuted' speeches prob. wiped out the goodwill.

                    Americans don't like whiners.
                    And yet we are told his approval ratings are going up.
                    You could be right, but that is inconsistent with increased approval ratings.

                    I think people will be less concerned with trump's whinning than they are with their own circumstances. If they are doing well, they aren't going to care.
                    Just an opinion.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                    Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

                      And yet we are told his approval ratings are going up.
                      You could be right, but that is inconsistent with increased approval ratings.

                      I think people will be less concerned with trump's whinning than they are with their own circumstances. If they are doing well, they aren't going to care.
                      Just an opinion.
                      it's a good opinion. Given the 4-6 % Republican shift, Donald Trump is still ahead in the polls.
                      the shift is the greater propensity of Republicans to vote, and the electoral college weighing to smaller states.
                      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well guys Bernie is getting a bit senile for the coming event but dont worry another 4+ years with Trump/ Putin and gang running things and the US will look just look like a Banana Republic with the same morals....Wait until Tramp changes you Constitution

                        North of YYZ

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                          Te results are the aggregated polls on Wikipedia. Donald Trump's vote didn't change through the end of the impeachment . I do believe that his 'my family and I were so persecuted' speeches prob. wiped out the goodwill.

                          Americans don't like whiners.
                          Sure they do. Nixon and his "I am not a criminal"...Lil' Bush and his constant efforts to excuse his unmanly, childish behavior and his lack of English language skills "...Clinton and his "I did not have sex with that woman"...Hilary with her constant pleas of ignorance and innocence...Obama and his endless whining about racism being why no one liked him.

                          And for the record, Trump and his family have been persecuted and denigrated since he took office. Why shouldn't he remind the public about the childish behavior of the Democrats? Out on the streets where the real Americans live, the Democrats would be dragged into court for slander, libel, hate speech and filing false charges at the very least, while some like Hilary would automatically go to prison.

                          Surely you are not proposing a different standard of acceptable behavior for the rest of American including Trump?
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                            Sure they do. Nixon and his "I am not a criminal"...Lil' Bush and his constant efforts to excuse his unmanly, childish behavior and his lack of English language skills "...Clinton and his "I did not have sex with that woman"...Hilary with her constant pleas of ignorance and innocence...Obama and his endless whining about racism being why no one liked him.

                            And for the record, Trump and his family have been persecuted and denigrated since he took office. Why shouldn't he remind the public about the childish behavior of the Democrats? Out on the streets where the real Americans live, the Democrats would be dragged into court for slander, libel, hate speech and filing false charges at the very least, while some like Hilary would automatically go to prison.

                            Surely you are not proposing a different standard of acceptable behavior for the rest of American including Trump?
                            um I seem to rember someone doing the same to Obama So basically your arguing that because someone had a crack team of invesitgators he should not be president.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bow View Post
                              Well guys Bernie is getting a bit senile for the coming event but dont worry another 4+ years with Trump/ Putin and gang running things and the US will look just look like a Banana Republic with the same morals....Wait until Tramp changes you Constitution

                              North of YYZ
                              You might try a re-read and understanding of our Constitution.

                              Last whom tried changing/circumventing was Barry "I have a pen and a phone (who needs to work with Congress)" Obama. His efforts didn't work out so well. (in fact, a large part of why Trump got elected)
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by craven View Post

                                um I seem to rember someone doing the same to Obama So basically your arguing that because someone had a crack team of invesitgators he should not be president.
                                Nice try, but I said no such thing...you did. We were talking about presidents who whine a lot, remember, and Democrats who insist on double standards for their own behavior.

                                Are you advocating for a different ethical standard for Democrats?
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X