Mattel Releases New "Diversity Doll"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattel Releases New "Diversity Doll"!

[QUOTE]It might be Barbie’s world, but the makers of the iconic toy have released four diverse new dolls, including figurines with vitiligo and no hair, to “better reflect the world” through body-positive representation in today’s increasingly diverse society.

Parent company Mattel recently unveiled its 2020 Fashionistas line, featuring Barbie dolls with vitiligo and no hair, as well as a doll with dark skin and a golden prosthetic leg, and a Ken doll with long, flowing hair.

Over the last five years, Mattel said they’ve evolved the popular Barbie Fashionistas line to better represent diversity and inclusivity in the toy aisle, introducing dolls with nine unique body types, 35 skin tones and 94 different hairstyles, Fox 32 reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/ma...-reflect-world
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

I think I am offended.
    I don't see a single doll to represent an aging white male with an expanding waist line and graying hair.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      I think I am offended.
      I don't see a single doll to represent an aging white male with an expanding waist line and graying hair.
      I'm offended! There's not one "realistic" representation of a fat, ugly, nerd girl clutching a physics book and wearing horn rim glasses in the whole bunch.

Comment

All "Diversity Dolls" are gender-age-weight fluid.
        ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
        2) Enjoy playing it
        3) Enjoy sharing it
        4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Why does everything have to be white? What downside is there in giving other people something they can identify with.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Countries with Multiculturalism end up with no culture at all that we’re now living with the results of these days there’s not much courage but fear of not wanting to offend anyone that sounds even remotely offensive
            Last edited by Snowshoveler; 14 Feb 20, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Why does everything have to be white? What downside is there in giving other people something they can identify with.

If they are going to be inclusive then every subset of humans must be included.
              Even if they are old white men.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Who said everything has to be white?
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I think I am offended.
                  I'm doubly offended, or. spkkn' CDN- I invented the doll at the center at the age of five when I plucked the hair out of one of my sisters barbies...
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Not everyone handles chocolate well.....
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Who said everything has to be white?
                      There's outrage when Levi signs someone black. There's outrage when a black female is cast for Ariel in the Little Mermaid movie. There's outrage when a movie is created with black superheroes. There's outrage when a black actor is even considered for a traditionally white role. There's outrage when black barbies are created. If it's not white, get ready for the complaints.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Also comes with a Democrat voter registration card!

Comment

I think I am offended.
                          Hell of a good point. Want to start a class action law suit with me for a few hundred million?
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

I'm doubly offended, or. spkkn' CDN- I invented the doll at the center at the age of five when I plucked the hair out of one of my sisters barbies...

And you were promptly put into therapy?

Comment

One of my daughter, BabyGirl's, favorite dolls was her talking Erkil Doll. She used to abuse the heck out of it. Maybe I should have paid more attention when she was around her Mother?

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X