Illegals' Remittances: Hemorrhaging Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegals' Remittances: Hemorrhaging Money

The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) estimated that 2009 migrants' remittances from the U.S. were approximately $48 billion, or approximately 70 percent more than total official development assistance provided by the United States. Of that amount, $38 billion consisted of personal transfers abroad. The remaining $11 billion consisted of wages paid to workers in the U.S.,
    http://www.cairco.org/issues/remittances

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Says migrants, not illegals. Or is it the same thing now?

Meanwhile, Apple brought in 250 billion "cash reserves" back to USA in 2018.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
      Says migrants, not illegals. Or is it the same thing now?
      "Migrant" is the new code word to sugar coat illegal immigration. "Undocumented" didn't work like the apologists for illegal immigration wanted so they moved to "migrant."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

"Migrant" is the new code word to sugar coat illegal immigration. "Undocumented" didn't work like the apologists for illegal immigration wanted so they moved to "migrant."
        But that's not what the link says though.

In any case, I fail to see what the issue here is. Should US citizens/workers/migrants be banned from travelling abroad? Sending money abroad? Spending money abroad? Should the privilege only be granted to companies from now on? Or should they too be banned from transferring money internationally? I'm sure that Apple 250 billion cash reserve would have been appreciated by the countries it was plucked from.

Should Mexicans likewise be banned from shopping in Texas and other border states?

Where I live in Yucatan there are a lot of American retirees. Should they be banned from spending money here?
        Wisdom is personal

Comment

I noticed that the remittances to the Grand Cayman islands hemorrhaging a lot of the first world, carried out by the 'one per centers', seem to have been forgotten. or mislaid..
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            OK...that was in 2013. It's now seven years later. How much more per annum is being sent south?
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

In any case, I fail to see what the issue here is. Should US citizens/workers/migrants be banned from travelling abroad? Sending money abroad? Spending money abroad?
              Illegals, not honest people. And criminally entering America is not "traveling abroad".

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

OK...that was in 2013. It's now seven years later. How much more per annum is being sent south?
                Current estimate is around $36-38 billion.

Comment

So? I think my comment was very accurate. That's the evolution of terminology the MSM has used for illegal immigration. It's sort of like Liberal having become a pejorative has made the Left switch to "Progressive." It's their attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

In any case, I fail to see what the issue here is. Should US citizens/workers/migrants be banned from travelling abroad? Sending money abroad? Spending money abroad? Should the privilege only be granted to companies from now on? Or should they too be banned from transferring money internationally? I'm sure that Apple 250 billion cash reserve would have been appreciated by the countries it was plucked from.
                  Yes and no. Illegal immigrants can self-deport. It's the entry part that they shouldn't be able to do. As for the rest, most illegal immigrants don't travel abroad or spend money abroad. What they do is make wire transfers back to their homes in other countries. How do you think Western Union stays in business? They don't do telegrams anymore. They do wire transfers.

https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/home.html

Illegals, having committed the crime of illegal entry and residence, then the crime of illegally obtaining employment with the very likely possibility of identity fraud or theft to do that, should be barred from wire transfers outside the US simply because that is a furthering of their criminal activity. It is an on-going criminal enterprise / act. Why let them move ill-gotten funds outside the US?

Should Mexicans likewise be banned from shopping in Texas and other border states?
                  Not at all, if they are doing so legally by properly entering the country. I see Sonora SA and Sinaloa plates in Arizona all the time. There are regular Mexican commercial bus companies that operate into Arizona as well.

Where I live in Yucatan there are a lot of American retirees. Should they be banned from spending money here?
                  Yes, there are American enclaves in many parts of Central America. Costa Rica has a lot. But, they didn't sneak in illegally, aren't trying to illegally obtain employment, don't use forged or stolen papers to do any of that stuff either. If they did, they'd be arrested and deported in short order.

Comment

The link has this:

"(legal immigrants and illegal aliens)"

My question is how can they tell the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

The link has this:

"(legal immigrants and illegal aliens)"

My question is how can they tell the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens?

One is on record with the government, and the other isn't, but the money can be easily tracked.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Yes, there are American enclaves in many parts of Central America. Costa Rica has a lot. But, they didn't sneak in illegally, aren't trying to illegally obtain employment, don't use forged or stolen papers to do any of that stuff either. If they did, they'd be arrested and deported in short order.
                        Lol. Americans never do anything illegal, that's only for dirty mexicans and other subhumans. Of course they do all of the above. Americans are notorious for their border runs.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Illegals, not honest people. And criminally entering America is not "traveling abroad".
                        So...you didn't read the link you posted? Also, yes it is.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Lol. Americans never do anything illegal, that's only for dirty mexicans and other subhumans. Of course they do all of the above. Americans are notorious for their border runs.
                          Oh, I'm sure they do. But, if the Mexican authorities catch them it's either going to cost a small fortune in bribes to make it go away or they are going to some hell hole of a prison for an unspecified length of time.... or both...

Comment

The idea for paying for the Wall was to tax these transfers, that was supposed to be how Trump was going to make Mexico "pay for the wall".
                            And 22 Billion is a huge about of money to take a skim from.

What happened to that? After more than 3 years, you would think he could have got that done.

Comment

And in real news Americans spent $146 billion on illegal drugs in 2018.

People in the U.S. spent between $121 billion and $146 billion per year on cocaine, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamine from 2006 to 2016, according to a new analysis from the nonprofit RAND Corporation.

Pulling from multiple data sources, the report estimates the number of illicit drug users in the U.S., how regularly they took drugs and how much they spent to get high. The drug on which people spent the most changed over the years: In 2006, people spent the most on cocaine and the least on marijuana, but by 2016, that had reversed, researchers found. Annual spending on heroin, meanwhile, surged an estimated $12 billion in that time frame, while meth spending rose by $5 billion. . . . .

"Study: Americans Spent $146 Billion on Illegal Drugs in 2016," by Gaby Galvin, US News & World Report, 20 Aug 2019
                              Wonder how much of that cannabis, cocaine, opioids, et al, were acquired from non-US sources, transported by non-US actors, with the resultant US Dollar revenues going to foreign parties, etc, etc, etc . . . .

The War on Drugs has been a categorical failure -- and yet not only do we insist on prosecuting this obvious losing effort, but we're also in a big hurry to castigate the swarthy types for our own taste in narcotics. That's pretty rich. Rich indeed.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X