X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US military now blatantly open to Nazis

Discuss
    Lawmakers expressed astonishment at the testimony of military top investigators.

Just an aside from this article:

"I want to start by saying that, right now, the white supremacist movement in the United States is surging and presents a distinct and present danger to this country and its institutions, including the U.S. Armed Forces," said Lecia Brooks of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    Quoting the SPLC on anything is the equivalent of getting a statement from one of these radical Right neo-Nazi groups. They are no better than that only the SPLC comes from the radical Left.

Comment

Where's the "blatant" part. Your article says the military doesn't have any actual data available.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Quoting the SPLC on anything is the equivalent of getting a statement from one of these radical Right neo-Nazi groups. They are no better than that only the SPLC comes from the radical Left.
        Source is "defense officials", not the SPLC. Nice try.

Membership in a white supremacist or neo-Nazi group won't necessarily get a U.S. service member tossed out of the military, defense officials told a House subcommittee Tuesday.

The officials, including representatives of Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the Army's Criminal Investigation Division, appeared to make a distinction between membership in an extremist organization and "active participation" in deciding on recruitment and retention.
        So according to military officials, you are allowed to be a member of a white supremacist group, so long as you're not actively recruiting or retaining other members.

I would offer more, but this is nothing surprising or unusual to me. Par for the course for life in America.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

The SPLC was quoted in the article as I showed. Your comment is irrelevant.

So according to military officials, you are allowed to be a member of a white supremacist group, so long as you're not actively recruiting or retaining other members.

I would offer more, but this is nothing surprising or unusual to me. Par for the course for life in America.
          The article cherry picks for political effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_p...tates_military

Comment

Originally posted by BKnight3 View Post
            Discuss

I read the article and missed the part where anyone said the US military was "open to neo Nazis".

What they actually said was:
            The officials, including representatives of Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the
            Army's Criminal Investigation Division, appeared to make a distinction between membership in an extremist organization and "active participation" in deciding on recruitment and retention.

There are first amendment problems with banning people for mere membership in a legal organization.
            Mere membership in Antifa probably would be treated the same way. However if the individual was active in breaking the law, then he would be dismissed.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Can we ban people from La Raza too?
              The Nation of Islam?

Why should mere membership act as a complete bar?
              Are you advocating punishment for thought crimes?
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

In White countries militaries they always have had White supremists and sympathizers and always will since they’re eager to join the military as long as they aren’t discipline problems and or organize others to circumvent military authorities governments will mostly just look the other way
                It’s not like you’d want a bunch of liberals and hippies to replace them

Comment

The SPLC was quoted in the article as I showed. Your comment is irrelevant.

The article cherry picks for political effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_p...tates_military

Your quote of the SPLC is irrelevant to the topic of this thread "US military being open to Nazis". The SPLC quote holds no relevance to that.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Your quote of the SPLC is irrelevant to the topic of this thread "US military being open to Nazis". The SPLC quote holds no relevance to that.
                    It formed part of the article. My pointing it out was to show a combination of its irrelevance and also that the SPLC as a source is thoroughly discredited.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Can we ban people from La Raza too?
                      The Nation of Islam?

Why should mere membership act as a complete bar?
                      Are you advocating punishment for thought crimes?
                      I don't expect people who have consistently defended white supremacists and thus white supremacy to hold any issue with this.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It formed part of the article. My pointing it out was to show a combination of its irrelevance and also that the SPLC as a source is thoroughly discredited.
                        Wonderful. Now what's your take on the actual topic of the thread? Should Nazi members be allowed to stay in the military?
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Wonderful. Now what's your take on the actual topic of the thread?
                          You must have missed or ignored the part in post #2 where I opened with:

aside
                          [əˈsīd]

ADVERBNOUN
                          • a remark or passage in a play that is intended to be heard by the audience but unheard by the other characters in the play.
                            "Shakespeare's use of asides and soliloquies"
                            synonyms:
                            whispered remark · confidential remark · stage whisper · soliloquy · [more]

Comment

I can't wait for our military to face real racial supremacists
                            190829144635-china-military-hong-kong-2017-01-exlarge-169.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                              I can't wait for our military to face real racists
                              190829144635-china-military-hong-kong-2017-01-exlarge-169.jpg
                              Neo nazis aren't real racists.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X