Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomberg replaces Biden as consolidated poll choice against Trump

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...ntial_election
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Michael Bloomberg

Former Mayor of New York City
    Michael Rubens Bloomberg is an American politician, businessman, and author. He was mayor of New York City from 2002 to 2013. He is a candidate in the Democratic Party primaries for the 2020 United States presidential election.Interesting stories

Michael Bloomberg Has a Toxic Legacy on Lead
    Mother Jones 1 month ago

Mike Bloomberg interview: missteps on Cory Booker and stop-and-frisk
    Vox 1 month ago

Michael Bloomberg's Top 10 Rules For Success (@MikeBloomberg)
    Evan Carmichael 3 years agoTimeline

Graduated from Johns Hopkins University
    Graduated from Harvard Business School
    Bloomberg L.P. was founded
    Became mayor of NYC
    Largest donation to institution of higher education
    2020 presidential campaign
    More on WikipediaQuotes

You can't depend on polls.

We've shown the world that New York can never be defeated, because of its dynamic and diverse population and because it embodies the spirit of enterprise and the love of liberty. And because no matter who you are, if you believe in yourself and your dream, New York will always be the place for you.

I think one of the great dangers here is going and categorizing anybody from one religion as a terrorist. That's not true... That would let the terrorists win. That's what they want us to do.

I understand the appeal of a businessman president. But Trump's business plan is a disaster in the making.

Because of my success in the private sector, I had the chance to run America's largest city for 12 years, governing in the wake of its greatest tragedy.

​​​​​​​See all (15+)
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

I have found bloomberg's apparent rise surprising and wonder if it because of the lack of enthusiasm for the existing candidates, genuine support for him or simply the result fo the fact that no one has bothered to target him with negative ads yet..
      The new guy always looks better than what you have.

It will be interesting to see how he does once the public starts hearing about some of his negatives.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I don't think the DNC would accept him, he can't be bought which means he can't be controlled.

This could be a repeat of 92 except we wont get Clinton, we'll get Trump's second term.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
          I have found bloomberg's apparent rise surprising and wonder if it because of the lack of enthusiasm for the existing candidates, genuine support for him or simply the result fo the fact that no one has bothered to target him with negative ads yet..

It will be interesting to see how he does once the public starts hearing about some of his negatives.
          watch youtube and you will see one of the reasons for his rise.

In the era of Trump can his negatives really matter. He will be a safe place for those middle of the road republicans to go.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
            In the era of Trump can his negatives really matter. He will be a safe place for those middle of the road republicans to go.
            More like a safe place for the middle of the road democrats.

From trying to control the size of soda drinks to his zeal against guns....very few republicans would vote for him in my opinion.

If the DNC picks anyone else besides him to run against Trump, I can see him running as an independent which would probably have the same effect that Perot had on the GOP in 92.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

One of the reason is because his marketing approach and late entry has not put him (yet) in front of cameras trying to answer difficult questions during debates, interviews and town hall events. Heck, I do not even know if he bothers to talk to common people in such events or if he tells to potential voters " go see my secretary." (sarcasm intended).
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

watch youtube and you will see one of the reasons for his rise.

I can't get away from his ads

Perhaps, but I question whether the dems can offer a candidate that would appeal to the middle of the road right now.
                I recognize that I view dems from the perspective of a conservative, but I wonder if there is a "moderate" anymore.
                Consider Bill Clinton's positions on abortion (safe, legal and rare) entitlements (workfare) or immigration. Or Obama's original position on things like marriage and immigration. I don't get the idea they would be acceptable anymore.

Perhaps I have been jaded into thinking that people like AOC have more say in the party's direction than is truly the case.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

More like a safe place for the middle of the road democrats.

From trying to control the size of soda drinks to his zeal against guns....very few republicans would vote for him in my opinion.

If the DNC picks anyone else besides him to run against Trump, I can see him running as an independent which would probably have the same effect that Perot had on the GOP in 92.
                  I agree with every point, even if he ran as an independent he wouldn't get my vote just because of his stance on guns alone!
                  Last edited by Trung Si; 30 Jan 20, 13:46.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Yep...Bloomberg is another anti-constitutionalist. We don't need another one of those.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I can't get away from his ads

Perhaps, but I question whether the dems can offer a candidate that would appeal to the middle of the road right now.
                      I recognize that I view dems from the perspective of a conservative, but I wonder if there is a "moderate" anymore.
                      Consider Bill Clinton's positions on abortion (safe, legal and rare) entitlements (workfare) or immigration. Or Obama's original position on things like marriage and immigration. I don't get the idea they would be acceptable anymore.

Perhaps I have been jaded into thinking that people like AOC have more say in the party's direction than is truly the case.
                      AOC has a lot to say, none of it rational or comprehensible.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I don't think the DNC would accept him, he can't be bought which means he can't be controlled.

This could be a repeat of 92 except we wont get Clinton, we'll get Trump's second term.
                        Why would big business need to control a president who is into big business?
                        In 1992 there was a recession and I think it was that election which gave us the "it is the economy stupid."

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Why would big business need to control a president who is into big business?
                          In 1992 there was a recession and I think it was that election which gave us the "it is the economy stupid."
                          Keep in mind, this ia only speculation.

I think the DNC would have the same problems trying to control Bloomberg as the GOP had originally with Trump.

I remember Perot being a challenger to Bush. With that being said, the votes that Perot got probably helped Clinton more than Bush.

Comment

Keep in mind, this ia only speculation.

I think the DNC would have the same problems trying to control Bloomberg as the GOP had originally with Trump.

I remember Perot being a challenger to Bush. With that being said, the votes that Perot got probably helped Clinton more than Bush.
                            Well, as I said, I am not expressing any confidence in political outcomes because besides of the inherent challenges of predicting the future, one needs to also have a good knowledge of the science involved around the factors and indicators which affect (or reveal in advance) such political outcomes.

Anyway, my take is that I see more probable to have a person which is relatively new in the field nd wants to build a profile who is also much closer to conservatives, like Tulsi Gabbard, become this damaging third candidate.". Yes, there have been also "leftist" third candidates in the past (some greens) but these are people who are comfortable with the idea of getting a low percentage in elections. Bloomberg (at least in my estimation) will want to go big and either have a good 50-50 shot in winning the election or not run at all. And I see him as being too close to the Democrats (and more importantly too far away from conservatives) to get many voters from both the progressive and the conservative block.

Comment

Bloomberg has been flooding news channels with his advertisements- he bought a lot of space
                              Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                              Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                              Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                              Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X