X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a Real Tragedy and a National Loss

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp

I remember during one of the summer Olympics when Bryant was playing for the US team and was being interviewed by one of the sports writers. He asked Bryant why he was playing and Bryant replied it was for his country, the United States. The interviewer, who was an American, acted shocked. That says a lot for Kobe Bryant, and not much for the reporter.

His 13 year-old daughter was also killed in the crash. My heart goes out to Mrs Bryant and the surviving children.

Rest in Peace with your daughter.

Kobe Bryant was the most fierce competitor in sports, ever. He's the only person I ever tried to mold my mentality after.

Rest in peace.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Truly a tragedy , Latest reports are his 13 year old daughter was also killed, there were 9 people onboard,
      Prayers for the Bryant family and the families of the other victims.
      RIP
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

This is a monumental news event. It reminds me of when Roberto Clemente died in a plane crash in the 1970s.

Kobe Bryant was a Babe Ruth figure of basketball. Imagine Wayne Gretzky dying in a plane crash shortly after his NHL career. That is the type of situation going on right now. When I learned about Kobe‘s death it was a stunning thing felt like sort of a gut punch which is what a commentator on NBA radio also said.

Bryant died being fourth in the NBA all-time scoring list. Only being passed by LeBron James last night who is now third in the NBA all-time scoring list.

Born in the USA but growing up in Italy Bryant was a very gifted man being fluent in English, Italian as well as Spanish. Bryant was an extraordinarily talented man winning an Academy award for a short film he did after his basketball career.

Because of great heroes like Kobe Bryant the NBA is an international sport it is one of the top three most followed sports in the world alongside soccer and cricket. All over the world in countries such as China, Turkey ,Spain, Italy The United States of course and so much more people are mourning the death of Kobe Bryant.
        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

RIP, Kobe & GiGi!

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.
              That pretty much sums it up.....
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Seven other people were killed in the accident, two of them children, and one child had both parents with her, the other had one. This is a tragic loss.

Comment

This is just like if Wayne Gretzky would’ve died after retiring

I cannot recall in recent American history such a glorious and beautiful figure dying so young

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Sums what up?

Leave it up to you two to employ the lowest common denominator. What else do you have to blacken someone's reputation as you attempt it too often. That doesn't speak highly of either of you.

Comment

While Bryant may have not been the greatest of all time he was certainly in the top five and even top three when it came to the greatest basketball players of all time according to a lot of the experts.

But it wasn’t just his basketball skills ..Kobe Bryant was a heroic leader for the world. In China in Italy people are mourning Kobe . The Italian people welcome Bryant as one of their own.

All flags should be flown at half mast today. The United States owes a lot to Kobe Bryant
                      Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 27 Jan 20, 10:23.

George S Patton

Comment

Good day to you. As well as sal . Just to clear this up Mr. Bryant was never convicted of any crime.. he should be honored just as George H W. Bush was

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Sums what up?

Leave it up to you two to employ the lowest common denominator. What else do you have to blacken someone's reputation as you attempt it too often. That doesn't speak highly of either of you.
                          Give us a break, you are claiming that this is a "National Loss" is completely over the top.

He raped a woman and claimed:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," the apology said. "

He managed to get away with rape because he was a sports figure. You can idolize these sports figures all that you want but to claim someone is using "the lowest common denominator" because they don't idolize a rapist sports figure as you do is lame. You are elevating a rapist to the level of a "Reel Tragedy" I wonder if the victim shares your level of worship to this basketball player.

Report his death, fine, talk about his accomplishments, fine. Don't expect people to pine over a rapist as you are doing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kobe...e-court-2020-1
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Good day to you. As well as sal . Just to clear this up Mr. Bryant was never convicted of any crime.. he should be honored just as George H W. Bush was
                            Where did I say he was convicted of a crime?

Comment

Give us a break, you are claiming that this is a "National Loss" is completely over the top.

He raped a woman and claimed:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," the apology said. "

He managed to get away with rape because he was a sports figure. You can idolize these sports figures all that you want but to claim someone is using "the lowest common denominator" because they don't idolize a rapist sports figure as you do is lame. You are elevating a rapist to the level of a "Reel Tragedy" I wonder if the victim shares your level of worship to this basketball player.

Report his death, fine, talk about his accomplishments, fine. Don't expect people to pine over a rapist as you are doing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kobe...e-court-2020-1
                              I guess all of the mourners at the stadium last night are really not there? Get over yourself. I do think that Bryant redeemed himself for what he had done wrong. And the charges were dropped if I'm not mistaken.

Sounds like jealousy, or worse, from what you are posting. And his daughter, who was also killed, did nothing wrong. And, yes, you always go for the lowest common denominator, no matter what the subject, if you disagree. You have posted monstrous and inaccurate postings and are quick to use the term 'liar' when you don't agree. And you also like to accuse people of being a 'lefty' when they don't agree with you and question their national loyalty.

You always defend Trump, no matter what, and perhaps your national loyalty should be questioned for supporting Trump, who is a constant lackey to Putin and who denigrates US institutions such as the intelligence services, and the press.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X