US Senator Attacks US Army Officer on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Senator Attacks US Army Officer on Twitter

This is not only outrageous, Senator Blackburn's personal attacks against LtCol Vindman are both defamatory and unwarranted. And these actions by Blackburn diminish her status as a US senator and the Senate as a whole.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/polit...eet/index.html

A top Pentagon official as recently as last month vowed the department would not tolerate "any act of retaliation" against Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman -- a pledge now being put to the test after Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn this week repeatedly attacked the key National Security Council aide who testified before Congress on the Ukraine scandal.

Responding to concerns about Vindman's safety following his November testimony in the House impeachment inquiry, Deputy Defense Secretary David Norquist -- on Defense Secretary Mark Esper's behalf -- assured Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer that the department would take any "steps necessary" to ensure the White House detailee's safety, according to a copy of a December 16 letter to Schumer that was obtained by CNN.

I think Vindman has bigger problems in his future than being bad mouthed by a Senator. I'd say, based on my experience with the military that Vindman better get used to being a Lt. Col. and maybe get used to being somewhere nobody in their right mind wants to be stationed. He's hardly the first to get 'the treatment,' and won't be the last.

That won't come from the Senate or elsewhere. That will come quietly and internally from the military who doesn't like bad publicity and Vindman delivered a boatload of it by speaking out when he should have just stayed on the sidelines. It'd be no different if the president were a Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I think Vindman has bigger problems in his future than being bad mouthed by a Senator. I'd say, based on my experience with the military that Vindman better get used to being a Lt. Col. and maybe get used to being somewhere nobody in their right mind wants to be stationed. He's hardly the first to get 'the treatment,' and won't be the last.

That won't come from the Senate or elsewhere. That will come quietly and internally from the military who doesn't like bad publicity and Vindman delivered a boatload of it by speaking out when he should have just stayed on the sidelines. It'd be no different if the president were a Democrat.
      I agree!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Which LtCol should we believe?

https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/04/r...culed-america/
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Interesting read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...he-serves/amp/
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Vindman was playing politics ,but forgot that there are no rules in politics and that if you join politics,you lose your immunity .If you attack the potus,be prepared to be attacked by the supporters of the potus .
            When Marshall and Eisenhower joined the political circus after WWII, they ceased to be war heros.

Comment

You have to consider that these kind of threads come from a place where the uniform makes the man and the swamp is a right wing conspiracy. There is plenty of swampiness in the military.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                Vindman as he was under oath.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  You'll believe a tweet of course and whatever RW media tells you to believe.
                  https://www.thehour.com/news/article...o-15001617.php

Comment

So involved in large scale international crime profiting from your political connections, you are afraid of being investigated, declare your candidacy for president, frame your rival for initiating the investigation that they are trying to manipulate the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                      You'll believe a tweet of course and whatever RW media tells you to believe.
                      https://www.thehour.com/news/article...o-15001617.php
                      He'll believe anything that supports or stands up for Trump as well as anything that personally attacks anyone who dares speak of Trump for what he is-a despicable criminal running a corrupt administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I do not believe the Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

I do not believe the Democrat.
                            How convenient. They've got you trained well to ignore anything you hear a Democrat say. Doesn't matter if it's the truth or not. How convenient. Hannity will make it all better.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Reading stuff like this I think Vindman may be wrong when he said that in the United States truth matters.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X