FISA Court Confirms Two Carter Page Surveillance Applications ‘Not Valid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FISA Court Confirms Two Carter Page Surveillance Applications ‘Not Valid"

It isn't looking good for Comey and McCabe, doctored documents that they signed off on?
    This is getting more interesting,

[QUOTE][A FISA Court order declassified Thursday confirmed that the government had found two of the four FISA applications authorized for the FBI to surveil 2016 Trump-campaign adviser Carter Page to be “not valid,” and will further investigate the validity of the other two.

The order revealed that the government found two of the surveillance application renewals to be “not valid” based on “the material misstatements and omission” used by the FBI, which was found by the Justice Department to have “insufficient predication to establish probable cause to believe that Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power.”
    /QUOTE]
    [QUOTE][/Based on the ordering of the applications, it appears the review found the second and third renewal applications used against Page to be invalid, while the original application and the first renewal remain under investigation. The third renewal was personally signed by James Comey, while the fourth was signed by Andrew McCabe.QUOTE]

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ons-not-valid/
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

So it seems we were right to question the motives or integrity of the FBI.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      So it seems we were right to question the motives or integrity of the FBI.
      That may be an oxymoron....
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I had not even heard about this when I turned my back on the whole anti-Trump campaign.... but ten seconds later I get this, and it feels like total vindication.
        The foundation of the case against Trump is invalid.

Most of the time it felt pretty intimidating here, but I feel better now and I might post more often in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post
          I had not even heard about this when I turned my back on the whole anti-Trump campaign.... but ten seconds later I get this, and it feels like total vindication.
          The foundation of the case against Trump is invalid.

Most of the time it felt pretty intimidating here, but I feel better now and I might post more often in the future.
          Then you need to read again the Inspector's report which justified the FBI's start of the investigation.

Also, with respect to Page, article the invalid applications are for the 2017 year (so after the election ad even after Trump assumed power).

From the OP link

Based on the ordering of the applications,it appears the review found the second and third renewal applications used against Page to be invalid, while the original application and the first renewal remain under investigation.

and from the IG report

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

Page 478

At the request of the FBI, the Department filed four applications with the FISC seeking FISA authority. targeting Carter Page : the first application on October 21, 2016, and three renewal applications on January 12, April 7, and June 29, 2017

In other words, the invalid applications are the ones of April 7 2017 and June 29 2017.
          Of course, such details are not frequently revealed and for good reason. Political agendas alwasy affect the coverage of a story and details that do not reinforce a particular story vanish.
          Last edited by pamak; 24 Jan 20, 16:10.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

In short, it might not have started as a "Get Trump" investigation, but it soon morphed into one. It's also telling that Page and Strzok resigned soon after it became apparent to them that this might just get them prison time if they didn't...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X