Rudeness is as Rudeness Does...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudeness is as Rudeness Does...

Senator McSally is demonstrating a lack of character...as well as leveling a false accusation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    Various media organizations are calling out Sen. Martha McSally for slurring CNN reporter Manu Raju’s professionalism on Thursday by calling him “a liberal hack.”
    But don’t expect an apology from the Arizona Republican, who told Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Thursday night that she just “called it like it is.” Raju had simply asked McSally if she thought the Senate should consider new evidence in the pending impeachment trial.

On Friday, the National Press Club and the National Press Club Journalism Institute released a joint statement in response to McSally’s hack attack:
    “Manu Raju is a consummate professional who is respected by his journalistic peers and the people he covers, politics notwithstanding. Stating the contrary is factually and ethically wrong.”

The Radio and Television Correspondents Association also released a statement on Friday that, frankly, had a little more oomph, saying the organization “strenuously objects to insults being directed towards any journalist.”

The statement noted that Raju has politely asked “a timely and relevant question about the impeachment trial” and described the senator’s response as “inappropriate anywhere, but particularly in the halls of the Congress.” It continued:
    “A reporter’s job is to ask questions. We ask all members of Congress to respect the role of the free press in our democracy and to respect the long tradition of reporters asking questions of our elected representatives on behalf of the American people.”

I'd say he's a partisan hack. We could start by noting he works for CNN.

So, while I'd say McSally's comment is accurate, I'd also say she still should have answered his question, even if it were "No comment."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I'd say he's a partisan hack. We could start by noting he works for CNN.

So, while I'd say McSally's comment is accurate, I'd also say she still should have answered his question, even if it were "No comment."
      How is he a 'partisan hack'? Do you know to what political party, if any, he belongs or his voting record? All he did was ask a simple question and McSally turned nasty. Not a good move on her part as she is appointed, not elected, and in her try for Congress in an election, she lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

How is he a 'partisan hack'? Do you know to what political party, if any, he belongs or his voting record? All he did was ask a simple question and McSally turned nasty. Not a good move on her part as she is appointed, not elected, and in her try for Congress in an election, she lost.
        He works for CNN... That's all it takes. But, since CNN's had to formally retract at least one of his reports on Trump,

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...rnalism-287914

On Twitter he certainly likes to smear Republicans with the word "lie."

So, I'd say he's a partisan hack.

Comment

Rudeness is as Rudeness Does...

" your'e a bloody drunken disgrace as a Prime Minister, MacDonald!...."
          "Canada prefers me drunk to you stone cold sober, Brown...."
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

I love Rude, when Rude is applicable!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Non issue,
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X