Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Nunes Linked to Parnas?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    House impeachment investigators sought Friday to pull Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, deeper into the Ukraine scandal at the center of President Donald Trump’s upcoming impeachment trial.

A set of text messages released Friday evening by the Intelligence Committee show a top Nunes aide, Derek Harvey, in frequent contact with Lev Parnas, the indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani who has become a key figure in the Ukraine controversy that resulted in Trump’s impeachment last month. In one exchange, Harvey appears to pass along Nunes’ contact information two days before the Intelligence Committee’s impeachment report indicated that a phone connected to Nunes made contact with a phone connected to Parnas.

The text messages, provided to investigators by Parnas, show Harvey in contact with Parnas throughout the spring of 2019 — the same time Parnas was working with Giuliani and other Trump allies to remove the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch. Yovanovitch had been viewed as an obstacle to Giuliani’s effort to convince Ukraine to investigate Trump’s political rivals, including former Vice President Joe Biden. Previously released information suggested Harvey and Parnas began communicating at least as early as January 2019.

It is your party that is linked to this Putin stooge.

Think before you.post.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Well Pinocchio, Nunes is a Republican and it is evident that he is corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Think before you.post.
        Your a Leslie Gore fan, too?

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

All these show how useful it is for democrats to delay the trial in the senate.
          Personally, I wanted them to be more ruthless and delay it until after the elections or until the senate makes sure that witnesses are subpoenaed, but in any case the revelations which keep coming make the republican senators look pathetic if they choose to move forwards without bringing witnesses and this can cost the more vulnerable among them.

Additional info:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...85d_story.html

“Also do you want to interview the general prosecutor who got [ditched] by Biden ? Also the anti corruption prosecutor ? Let me know,” Parnas wrote on April 19.

“Does tomorrow work?” Harvey responded.

The messages also show that Harvey met with Parnas and Giuliani at the Trump hotel in Washington.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/colonelderekharvey

Derek Harvey Colonel, USA (Ret)

Senior Advisor to the Ranking Member, House Permanent Select Intelligence Committee

Ad for those who do not know the details, Nunes is the Ranking Member in the House Permanent Intelligence Committee

Meanwhile, I expect the House Ethics Committee to have a few words with Nunes and the Democrats in the House are in control of that process, so they should exploit it.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

By the way, my suggestion is that before starting a new thread to try at least to see if older threads are related. It helps keep continuity when new information is linked to older posts here. it also helps evaluate the comments that people initially made.

Here is a thread in which I actually made comments about the same subject a few months ago

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...en#post5155585

There needs to be caution because Parnas (who is indicted) mentions what another Ukrainian official told him (Shokin), so this is a case of hearsay by an indicted Ukrainian who talks about what another corrupt Ukrainian said (Shokin)

HOWEVER, the story is interesting because it mentions the following which if it is true it shows that a direct witness can confirm a meeting in which

The group, according to Bondy,  included Giuliani, Parnas, the journalist Solomon, and the married attorneys Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing. Parnas said that Harvey would occasionally be present as well, and that it was Parnas' understanding that Harvey was Nunes' proxy, Bondy said. 

And the CNN story which some immediately try to dismiss as "fake news" is actually accurate. From the same link, another comment I made

As long as the story accurately describes Parna's lawyer (Bondy) words that his client is willing to testify and implicate Nunes, CNN has no reason to backtrack this story. If Nunes has a problem with the claim, he should file a lawsuit against Parnas.
            Last edited by pamak; 18 Jan 20, 14:03.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Meanwhile,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...unes-hot-seat/

A month ago, when phone records showed contact between Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and Lev Parnas, Nunes said he didn’t recall Parnas’s nameand couldn’t confirm the call. On Wednesday, with Parnas about to appear on TV for the first time, Nunes suddenly offered a (very conveniently timed) confirmation, but he downplayed the call as being about “random things.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...nunes-ukraine/

A couple of hours before the Parnas interview aired on MSNBC, Nunes was asked by Fox News host Martha MacCallum about the phone records that show that he spoke with the former Giuliani associate. Last month, Nunes told Fox News’s Sean Hannity that although it was “possible” that he spoke with Parnas, he did not “recall” his name. “I will go back and check my records, but it seems very unlikely I will be taking calls from random people,” he said at the time.

On Wednesday, however, Nunes said that after having time to go through his records, he was reminded that he did talk to Parnas — a chat he described as “random.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Think before you.post.
                Parnas is linked to Giuliani and then to Trump. Please try and pay attention.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X