Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The baseball Cheating Scandal involving the Houston Astros

Hello folks,

Recently there has been a monumental news event with regards to major-league baseball. The Houston Astro’s were proven to have been stealing signs from their opponents teams. For example one Astros player would bang Loud on a trashcan in order to let his team know what the opposing picture was going to pitch to them for example a curveball, Knuckleball , A two seam fastball and so on and so forth. This would give an unfair competitive edge to the Houston Astro’s at least that is what the claim is from major-league baseball. Former Boston Red Sox head coach Alex Cora who was named in the indictments and was also fired by the Red Sox said hey everybody’s doing this. This is another part of this topic which is what type of punishment if any should be metted out for what the Houston Astro’s did. So what level of a crime was it that the Houston Astros committed?

Of course baseball is America’s pastime. It’s the sport that has really helped to shape our country but baseball also has had its share of controversies from the 1919 black socks scandal involving Jewish gangsters and American baseball players taking bribes and cheating in the game. We have also had the steroid scandal involving Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa in the 1990s. But with regards to the recent allegations involving the cheating scandal of the Houston Astros a lot of folks have given credit to baseballs commissioner in the sense that major league baseball teams have punished Those responsible for the Houston Astro’s scandal harshly. While the punishments to not come from the commissioners office themselves, in the case of the Houston Astros cheating scandal it was individual baseball organization switch them selves decided to fire these men

In light of these allegations numerous head coaches have been fired from their jobs including the head coach of the Houston Astro’s as well as the head coach of the New York Mets. Some baseball fans have been saying hey at least baseball did the right thing unlike the NFL when it came to for example spy gate involving the New England Patriots spying on other teams illegally. Robert Kraft the owner of the patriots could’ve fired Bill Belichick but he did not do that so now because of this Houston Astro scandal some of the NFL fans and other folks have been saying hey maybe there should be more of a punishment given to the New England Patriots.

Now by the way when I say head coach technically the term is manager in baseball but these folks are affectively the head coaches of their teams.

While this is a tough situation for the United States we should all be thankful in the sense that the baseball season will continue on uninterrupted spring training is only a few months away and it’s going to be interesting to see how the Houston Astro’s and the New York Mets perform the season Amid the allegations. And while I feel bad for people such as Alex Cora and Carlos Beltran, and while I have questions as to the extent of the crimes they committed...Part of me wants to say that the Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros ownerships did the right thing by firing their head coaches perhaps signaling to the world that major-league baseball is not for sale and it’s not corrupted. Btw Alex Cora was fire by the Sox because he was a bench coach for the Houston Astro‘s when the scandal occurred. Beltran was fired by the Mets because he was a player(apparently the ringleader of the cheating as well) on the Astor’s when the scandal occurred.

apologies for any typos as this message was sent via iPhone

Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Cheating is so common these days that no one really cares. After all, nothing was done when Manning cheated by deflating the football, and no one cared when one player took off his helmet and assaulted another player with it.

Lawlessness is the new standard in America, fully supported by the government. Do you really expect people to maintain standards that their nation does not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Cheating is so common these days that no one really cares. After all, nothing was done when Manning cheated by deflating the football, and no one cared when one player took off his helmet and assaulted another player with it.

Lawlessness is the new standard in America, fully supported by the government. Do you really expect people to maintain standards that their nation does not?
      Well I feel that most professional athletes do it right. But there are bad eggs look at the NBA about 10 years ago a referee was proven to be taking money from the mafia to throw basketball games

with regards to deflate gate that was another situation involving the New England Patriots. That was Tom Brady‘s fault. Peyton Manning and his Brother Eli are good guys as far as I know they have not had any sort of lawless behavior during their football career. But I get your point.

Greed is probably the biggest motivator for professional athletes to cheat. But also glorification is probably a reason as well. People wanna win they don’t wanna lose. Take Carlos Beltran the manager of the ny Mets that was fired by the mets this week due to his involvement with the Houston Astros scandal a few years ago. Beltran made somewhere between 150 and $200 million in his baseball playing career. But for whatever reason toward the end of his career he thought it was a good enough decision to be involved in a scandal where he was the ringleader involved in stealing signs from opposing teams using the technology that other teams did not have access to. But now Beltran is paying the price because he was fired by the Mets and he might just be banned for baseball for life like Pete Rose was
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Well I feel that most professional athletes do it right. But there are bad eggs look at the NBA about 10 years ago a referee was proven to be taking money from the mafia to throw basketball games

with regards to deflate gate that was another situation involving the New England Patriots. That was Tom Brady‘s fault. Peyton Manning and his Brother Eli are good guys as far as I know they have not had any sort of lawless behavior during their football career. But I get your point.

Greed is probably the biggest motivator for professional athletes to cheat. But also glorification is probably a reason as well. People wanna win they don’t wanna lose. Take Carlos Beltran the manager of the ny Mets that was fired by the mets this week due to his involvement with the Houston Astros scandal a few years ago. Beltran made somewhere between 150 and $200 million in his baseball playing career. But for whatever reason toward the end of his career he thought it was a good enough decision to be involved in a scandal where he was the ringleader involved in stealing signs from opposing teams using the technology that other teams did not have access to. But now Beltran is paying the price because he was fired by the Mets and he might just be banned for baseball for life like Pete Rose was
        Thanks for correcting my error!

Point remains, however, that professional sports re not policed in any meaningful fashion,and I consider that reflective of the general attitude of all citizens towards the constant lawlessness today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X