Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Casualties in Iraq...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
    in Iraq despite the Pentagon initially saying that no casualties had taken place.

"While no U.S. service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on Al Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed," the US-led military coalition fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria said in a statement Thursday.

"Out of an abundance of caution, service members were transported from Al Asad Air Base, Iraq to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany for follow-on screening. When deemed fit for duty, the service members are expected to return to Iraq following screening," the statement added.

Every military unit ever deployed has its share of skaters and goldbrickers...
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      So you beat us. 4-2.
      Don't rub it in.....

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        If that were the case, most of them would not have been evacuated to Landstuhl.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

If that were the case, most of them would not have been evacuated to Landstuhl.
          A welcome change from garrison duty, I'm sure.
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Mocking soldiers wounded in combat is despicable.

Comment

IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Personally, I am okay with the tactic of even hiding the true level of casualties for propaganda reasons. It happens all the time, so if they knew that some soldiers were injured and had concussion symptoms, I will not hold it against the DOD or Trump. I am interested in transparency in other issues.

p.s. the above should not be taken as me endorsing a tactic of lying about the course of a war or hide military catastrophes from the public.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

As long as the VA awards them benefits for the injury.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    As long as the VA awards them benefits for the injury.

Pruitt
                    And they rate a Purple Heart...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

And they rate a Purple Heart...
                      Is there some threshold before such award?

Say one has a relative minor injury after a nearby explosion like a minor cut as he was diving for cover and scratched his elbow or a minor concussion. Do such things translate to a Purple Heart?
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Is there some threshold before such award?

Say one has a relative minor injury after a nearby explosion like a minor cut as he was diving for cover and scratched his elbow or a minor concussion. Do such things translate to a Purple Heart?
                        It is my understanding that while minor visible physical wounds might have sometimes been overplayed, mental wounds such as concussions and PTSD's were the opposite. Think: Patton slapping and yelling at soldier for being a "pussy". It is not just a medal and ribbon, it is recognition that one was injured and may need professional help and services not only right then and there, but also down the road in the unknown future.

I once worked with a guy that supposedly served in Vietnam with Oliver Stone. He claimed that Stone got his Purple Heart for getting a splinter from a wooden bar stool after diving for cover during a prank when someone yelled "incoming". I'm not if this guy is full of it, but Stone has a Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster, AND a Bronze Star with V. So take everything you hear with a grain of salt.
                        Last edited by Salinator; 19 Jan 20, 08:14.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Medals have always been a crap shoot - so many boys have done so much and died never getting the nod for a VC or MOH because of Bumf, or sloppy / dead officers or there might have just been too many recommendations for the same medal that day.

But as for this - they were hurt on active service and had to be removed from the field. I think that should warrant it.
                          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

I pray for a speedy recovery, brain trauma symptoms do not always appear until days after the event.
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X