Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Governor of Virginia lost his mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Governor of Virginia lost his mind?

I was looking for something besides the Impeachment, and the deal with China was too obviuos.

Here is one that is not getting any attention;

If it wasn’t bad enough watching the action unfold surrounding unconstitutional gun laws and the militias being formed to fight against them, now it seems like Virginia is trying to pull yet another move threatening the rights of law abiding gun owners.

They want to shut down every gun range in the state that isn’t owned by the government.

According to House Bill 567, any indoor shooting range would be prohibited by law – UNLESS it was inside of a building owned or leased by the state.

And any business owners who decided to defy the law could be facing up to a $100,000 fine and potential additional civil penalties.

Earlier this week, LaRock received a letter from the wife of an active duty Virginia Guardsman, Michaela Claywell. Mrs. Claywell informed LaRock of “threats of severe violence” that had been posted on Facebook, which “appear to condone violence against Guard members and their families” if they attempt to take their guns.

These threats are obviously criminal and are being investigated according to Col. Gary Settle, Virginia State Police Superintendent, but they also lend evidence to LaRock’s fear of turning “neighbor against neighbor.”

This all came about in the wake of Representative Donald McEachin publicly encouraging Governor Northam to activate the National Guard to enforce the gun confiscations they seek, after many members of the law enforcement community spoke out saying that they wouldn’t.

The only problem is, the National Guardsmen don’t want to, either.

And the threat of doing just that is “undermining the safety and peace-of-mind of families across Virginia,” according to LaRock.

Mrs. Claywell and several other wives signed the letter to LaRock, which was also sent along to the governor, some members of Congress and state legislators. In it, Mrs. Claywell expressed concern over Rep McEachin’s statements, as well as the lashing out Guardsmen and their families have endured in the time following.
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-by-the-state/

Is Governor Ralph Northam is trying to provoke armed resistance so that he can turn the military against them?
    Is he insane, retarded, or does he have backing from somebody with WMDs?

Well, if SB 14 in Virginia does pass, it would sooner or later be ruled unconstitutional on the grounds that it doesn't provide for compensation for taking those weapons. That is, the only way Virginia could do this is to compensate the owner for the value of the weapon, and a token fee won't cut it. This would clearly be a case of eminent domain and would probably bankrupt Virginia in trying to do it.
    Right now fair market value on a working AR-15 type rifle in decent condition is around $1000 to $1500. Pistols of the sort banned go for $400 and up. If someone were a store owner and forced to turn in their inventory they'd be making millions off the state PDQ and there wouldn't be much room for arguing about it.

California has wanted to do something like this for decades but their legislators know you can't if you can't compensate the owners of the weapons... Thus, their bills always grandfather things wherever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post
      I was looking for something besides the Impeachment, and the deal with China was too obviuos.

Is Governor Ralph Northam is trying to provoke armed resistance so that he can turn the military against them?

He has no mind

Comment

All it takes is one small spark to light the fuse on the powder keg. Idiots like this "person" can't see beyond their own nose and think that their way is the right way--and I seriously doubt that he or any of his security would dare give up their weapons.

Reminds me of every tin-pot dictator throughout history, and that includes King George III.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

The situation our forefathers envisioned, the very reason they wrote the second amendment, is coming to fruition.
          The press and the democrats have for years painted gun owners as paranoid bible clinging Neanderthals, they have laughed at groups dedicated to the protection of our 2nd amendment rights, but now they are threatening the very thing those groups have been preparing for. .
          these people have no respect for the constitution. We have no respect for them.
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I think that this is part of the (US) dem playbook.
            As such, I don’t think he is out of his mind, I think he is simply putting into action dem beliefs.
            I have been following this because I know that Illinois will do the same thing if Va can get away with it.

Despite the complete lack of any evidence that his new laws will accomplish anything, the dems are determined to undermine a clear constitutional right because they disapprove of that right.
            Consider this the next time we are told Trump is shredding the constitution.

I think the laws are inherently unconstitutional even if they pay full compensation(which they won’t)
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
              As such, I don’t think he is out of his mind, I think he is simply putting into action dem beliefs.
              I have been following this because I know that Illinois will do the same thing if Va can get away with it.

Despite the complete lack of any evidence that his new laws will accomplish anything, the dems are determined to undermine a clear constitutional right because they disapprove of that right.

I think the laws are inherently unconstitutional even if they pay full compensation(which they won&
              It's a - tough call.....
              OTOH, I can understand law enforcement wanting to know who is using automatic weapons, and I can see a case for camera surveillance of gun ranges.

On the other hand, a proper shooting range , indoors, is a major investment, both in physical costs and in the 'goodwill' an active business requires.

OTOTOH, I can't see a Virginia gun owner possibly being more of a threat to the public than, say, a Calgary commuting pick up driver.

Last edited by marktwain; 17 Jan 20, 11:29.
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It's a - tough call.....
                OTOH, I can understand law enforcement wanting to know who is using automatic weapons, and I can see a case for camera surveillance of gun ranges.

On the other hand, a proper shooting range , indoors, is a major investment, both in physical costs and in the 'goodwill' an active business requires.

OTOTOH, I can't see a Virginia gun owner possibly being more of a threat to the public than, say, a Calgary commuting pick up driver.

No one is using automatic weapons.
                They are illegal unless you go through an extensive permitting process.

Are they saying they want video of everything at shooting ranges or just video of automatic weapons. If they want video of everything then it is clear the goal has nothing to do with safety or automatic weapons. It is to find out who has the perfectly legal weapons the dems are trying to confiscate.
                Illinois is also trying to drive gun ranges and stores out of business and may succeed.

Somehow doing so will stop gang members from getting their licenses and then practicing how to kill people.

If any of these proposed efforts will have any effect on crime or on the insane, no one has bothered to explain how or shown any research that supports it.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

No one is using automatic weapons.
                  They are illegal unless you go through an extensive permitting process.

Are they saying they want video of everything at shooting ranges or just video of automatic weapons. If they want video of everything then it is clear the goal has nothing to do with safety or automatic weapons. It is to find out who has the perfectly legal weapons the dems are trying to confiscate.
                  Illinois is also trying to drive gun ranges and stores out of business and may succeed.

Somehow doing so will stop gang members from getting their licenses and then practicing how to kill people.

If any of these proposed efforts will have any effect on crime or on the insane, no one has bothered to explain how or shown any research that supports it.
                  I agree it's a hard call- and line calls are best left out of the hands of bureaucrats and in the judgment of private owners.
                  I thought that in America, you could , on a gun range, fire anything up to a vulcan automatic cannon.....
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

I thought that in America, you could , on a gun range, fire anything up to a vulcan automatic cannon.....
                    No, this is an image put forth by the antis and the foreign press which has no idea of what they're speaking of. Like Cambronnne said, NFA weapons (fully automatic, silencers, and etc.) falls within NFA guidelines and background research on applicants is extensive to the point of being excessive.

That said, Governor Blackface may well start something that could potentially go out of control and ensure that many more Virginians will vote for Trump.
                    Last edited by asterix; 17 Jan 20, 12:11.
                    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

I agree it's a hard call- and line calls are best left out of the hands of bureaucrats and in the judgment of private owners.

That's in Virginia by the way...

And, if you own it, you can take it to the range...

Comment

I know that some people do that, but I have never seen a full auto anywhere.
                        If I am shooting a full auto owned by someone else, then why would anyone need video of me shooting something I don’t keep in my possession? Every time I go to a gun range I must prove I am licensed. I am going to assume that someone bringing a full auto must show he has the correct license as well.
                        The goal is to collect data for later confiscation and to make it even more expensive to operate a gun range. Cause we all know that gang members would stop committing crimes if they could practice their shooting.

If the person whom I borrow it from can’t legally have one, what will video of it being fired do?

Typically we frown on LEOs collecting data on us in the absence of a crime. There is no provision for “pre-crimes”. Yet.

Comment

I think the laws are inherently unconstitutional even if they pay full compensation(which they won’t)
                          This made me mad the first time I read it, but I have to replace what I was going to post... and admit that you are right.
                          Do I have to stop being a "Dem" if I think it is wrong to turn the army against on the American people? I used to think it was just the extremists, but this is a Governor.

Where have all the moderates gone?

Comment

This made me mad the first time I read it, but I have to replace what I was going to post... and admit that you are right.
                            Do I have to stop being a "Dem" if I think it is wrong to turn the army against on the American people? I used to think it was just the extremists, but this is a Governor.

Where have all the moderates gone?

I will clarify. When I say “dem” I really don’t mean the rank and file voters, but rather the leaders of the dem party.
                            I also distinguish between republicans and conservatives for the same reason. Republican leaders are not really conservatives.
                            As for your question, I am beginning to think you will not be permitted to be a dem. A moderate one at least.
                            I am not an expert on the issue. But have read that “thought leaders” like AOC want to primary any dem who is pro-life.
                            And the dem presidential candidates all seem to be in a race to the left.
                            They can’t support law enforcement, or even engage with the other side without being punished. I don’t think the party will support moderates.

Comment

Which would be an infringement on an individual's right to privacy.
                              ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                              2) Enjoy playing it
                              3) Enjoy sharing it
                              4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X