China Trade Deal, Dow at 29K, and Salumani dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Trade Deal, Dow at 29K, and Salumani dead

So Trump signed a trade deal with China, apparently marking his victory in the trade war. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is at record highs over 29k, and yes,Salumani is still dead, and the people in Iran are protesting the Ayatollah.

So what happened here? As Trump put it at his rally, "Some people thought it went too fast." What is happening? I haven't seen this much winning in America in my lifetime. Trump is obviously so immersed in winning and his job that it's hard to process. Did we really just win the trade war with China while Trump instigated a peaceful protest in Iran? As he also said at his rally, "The best is yet to come," divinity willing.
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Originally posted by American87 View Post
    So Trump signed a trade deal with China, apparently marking his victory in the trade war. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is at record highs over 29k, and yes,Salumani is still dead, and the people in Iran are protesting the Ayatollah.

So what happened here? As Trump put it at his rally, "Some people thought it went too fast." What is happening? I haven't seen this much winning in America in my lifetime. Trump is obviously so immersed in winning and his job that it's hard to process. Did we really just win the trade war with China while Trump instigated a peaceful protest in Iran? As he also said at his rally, "The best is yet to come," divinity willing.
    No,No, No it can't be good, because Trump did it,.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Stocks are tepid as investors await new China economic data

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/inves...est/index.html

CNN all the lies all the time...
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I was promised that trump would destroy the economy and start wars.
        What is going on? Trump’s critics couldn’t be wrong could they?
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Or the CNN spin version (predicted):

China makes trade deal with US despite Trump actions...
          Stock market set to crash says expert...
          Trump actions towards Iran destabilizing country and Middle East...

It's all in how much psychedelic pharma you've ingested...

Comment

Trump has once again shown his self inept at following the precedence set by previous administrations and being satisfied with 2 or 3 % economic growth and double digit unemployment rates.like the two presidents before him.
            The fact that the average citizen has seen the value of their 401k and IRAs gain more value in the previous three years than in the preceding 8 years is a slap in the face to the democrats who care about poor people, and want them to stay that way.....
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Should anyone want to read it

http://prod-upp-image-read.ft.com/d0...3-9a26f8c3cba4

ECONOMIC AND TRADE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
              Good collection of various reactions here :

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZE2UT

MARVIN LOH, SENIOR GLOBAL MACRO STRATEGIST, STATE STREET GLOBAL MARKETS, BOSTON

“(The trade deal) hasn’t been as entertaining as Brexit, but it certainly is far more important. Ultimately, I don’t think the details that we have are going to change the growth picture to any significant degree. What’s most important to investors is a potential de-escalation and signs that de-escalation will continue this year, which is the outlook period for a lot of investors.
              CHUCK CARLSON, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, HORIZON INVESTMENT SERVICES, HAMMOND, INDIANA

The market typically looks forward so there was already built into it that something would be signed. I am sure as people dissect it, there is going to be criticism of it — it’s not doing enough, or it’s not doing this, or whatever. But had it not gotten signed and blown up at the last minute, the market would have reacted negatively to it.”
              Last edited by Snowygerry; 16 Jan 20, 07:37.
              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

CNN's spin of lies that Bernie told Warren she as a women couldn't win the Presidential election really shows that CNN should not be renewed a FCC license to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                  CNN's spin of lies that Bernie told Warren she as a women couldn't win the Presidential election really shows that CNN should not be renewed a FCC license to operate.
                  CNN reported the news as both of them (Sanders and Warren) were having an argument about who said what to whom. And Warren's refusal to shake Sanders' hand after the debate also made the news. They have accused each other of lying. We just don't know, though I suspect that Warren is.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

CNN reported the news as both of them (Sanders and Warren) were having an argument about who said what to whom. And Warren's refusal to shake Sanders' hand after the debate also made the news. They have accused each other of lying. We just don't know, though I suspect that Warren is.
                    No it was leaked days before on CNN when supposed Warren staffers reported Bernie had said that. Then Bernie was confronted at the debate in a question that Warren had confirmed he said that. He said it wasn't true and wasn't going to say anymore about it and the CNN report said well that isn't a good answer. Its a smear campaign by Jeff Zucker against Bernie.

Comment

No it bad because China does not have to actually buy stuff. Buying farm products although good for a very small group not really a good for all americans thing.

The new Nafa was a much better deal.

Comment

Obviously. The TDS'ers are foaming from all orifices.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X