No announcement yet.

Soleimani’s death will put Iran’s proxy network to the test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canadian Globe and Mail said ( under the title ''US vs Iran the guide to the story since Soleimani's death '') that Ghaani is less well -connected and beloved in the region than Soleimani,potentially limiting his influence and that he worked in the shadow.
    Ghaani is the typical number two, who remained in Tehran,and has few or no connections in Syria, Libanon, Iraq, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

How do you know it's a strategic failure? It hasn't been two weeks!
      I must ask, if you consider presidential actions in the middle east on the scale of change, if it ends anything, then every president has been a failure, wouldn't you agree?

You’re absolutely right. No one can claim that it is a long run success or failure yet.
      One thing we can say with certainty is that there is no evidence so far that it was a failure.
      In fact, thus far, it looks like a brilliant success. We killed a major player in the terror world and so far it hasn’t cost us anything. On top of that we have the unexpected bonus of the widespread anti-government protests in Iran.

The only people who seem to think killing this guy was bad are the Iranian leaders and democrats.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

You’re absolutely right. No one can claim that it is a long run success or failure yet.
        One thing we can say with certainty is that there is no evidence so far that it was a failure.
        In fact, thus far, it looks like a brilliant success. We killed a major player in the terror world and so far it hasn’t cost us anything. On top of that we have the unexpected bonus of the widespread anti-government protests in Iran.

The only people who seem to think killing this guy was bad are the Iranian leaders and democrats.
        Why would the Iranian Democrats be opposed?
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Did the Republicans protest when Tojo and Yamashita were hanged ? NO Did the Republicans protested when Bin Laden was killed ? NO .
            Thus ,why are the Democrats protesting when Baghdadi and Soleimani were killed ?
            The 2 reasons why the Democrats are protesting are obvious .
            1 Everything a GOP president ( not only Trump ) is doing, is a crime
            2 A lot of Democrats agree with and support Baghdadi and Soleimani .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
              Did the Republicans protest when Tojo and Yamashita were hanged ? NO Did the Republicans protested when Bin Laden was killed ? NO .
              Thus ,why are the Democrats protesting when Baghdadi and Soleimani were killed ?
              The 2 reasons why the Democrats are protesting are obvious .
              1 Everything a GOP president ( not only Trump ) is doing, is a crime
              2 A lot of Democrats agree with and support Baghdadi and Soleimani .
              WHILE i NORMALLY IGNORE YOUR REVISIONIST, uhh , histories, If you will do a little research , you will find that the isolationist wing was rampant in the immediate pre world war two era. It cost Wendell Willkie, ( who recognised the dangers, and was possibly the best President the USA never had) the election of 1940.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

So we should do nothing ...I get it now!
                So lets suppose they decide to target a US general are ya good with that. From there point of view our support of revolutionaries within there country could be considered terrorist. In the past we have supported a group possibly that has killed civilians in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

WHILE i NORMALLY IGNORE YOUR REVISIONIST, uhh , histories, If you will do a little research , you will find that the isolationist wing was rampant in the immediate pre world war two era. It cost Wendell Willkie, ( who recognised the dangers, and was possibly the best President the USA never had) the election of 1940.

And, what has this to do with my post ?
                  PS : I know very well the existence of isolationism before PH .
                  PPS:I disagree with your opinion about Willkie, who was only a Republican FDR .

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Absolutely true.

As QODS has a chain of command and Soleimani has already been replaced by his second-in-command (who had been with him since 1997) what is going to change?
                    1. His second in command may not be as effective at .organising terrorist activity. There will be a reason why he was second rather than in command.
                    2. He will have to devote time and resources to personal protection to avoid suffering the same fate as his former commander. Again reducing his effectiveness.
                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

US Democrats.

Other democrats around the world, are politely looking the other way, going

Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

In response to the op ,

I don’t think that Iran’s so called proxies or Iran military are going to be able to do much. Look at Iran’s extraordinarily weak response to the killing of one of their own top generals. Now could you imagine for a moment if the United States had one of its top generals taken out by Iran. And could you imagine if The United States responded by sending a missile into some unpopulated area that was somewhat close to a Iranian military base.

This is really something my friend. we see how weak Iran is. But I’m glad to be an American I’m glad to be a member of a country that is powerful as well as righteous. The United States is the god guy when it comes to Iran vs the United States.

The United States should work to ensure global peace. We also got work to do right here in our country and that includes improving our economy greatly.

How about our fellow poor Americans white and black Christian a like they need a better job and we need to give them assistance.
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                          In response to the op ,

I don’t think that Iran’s so called proxies or Iran military are going to be able to do much. Look at Iran’s extraordinarily weak response to the killing of one of their own top generals. Now could you imagine for a moment if the United States had one of its top generals taken out by Iran. And could you imagine if The United States responded by sending a missile into some unpopulated area that was somewhat close to a Iranian military base.

This is really something my friend. we see how weak Iran is. But I’m glad to be an American I’m glad to be a member of a country that is powerful as well as righteous. The United States is the god guy when it comes to Iran vs the United States.

The United States should work to ensure global peace. We also got work to do right here in our country and that includes improving our economy greatly.

How about our fellow poor Americans white and black Christian a like they need a better job and we need to give them assistance.
                          If you want global ( = eternal ) peace, you will have eternal war .

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

US Democrats.

Other democrats around the world, are politely looking the other way, going

Yes US democrats. Sometimes I forget the rest of the world exists.
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                              In response to the op ,

Kumbaya,
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

And, what has this to do with my post ?
                                PS : I know very well the existence of isolationism before PH .
                                PPS:I disagree with your opinion about Willkie, who was only a Republican FDR .
                                If you read your own posts, - you wouldn't need to ask

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X