Iran Finally Admits That It Shot Down the Ukrainian Airliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

You are absolutely correct. The 176 victims aboard the aircraft had nothing to do with any of this. But the firing of the two missiles that took down the aircraft are an indirect consequence of the air strike that killed the Iranian terrorist. Actions of people and nations have consequences. Unforunately, innocents often pay a price that they did not owe.
    No, they're the direct consequence of paranoia that the US might retaliate against Iran when Iran was firing ballistic missiles at US bases in Iraq. This is not the US's fault in any way, shape, or form and it's really rather obnoxious that anyone in the US would try to make the case it was the US's fault.

Iran could have been proactive out of concern that their missile firing might have consequences and have grounded civil aviation flights for several hours just in case. They didn't and then one of their idiots with their finger on the button of a SAM battery shot a plane out of the sky because of that. This is ENTIRELY IRAN'S FAULT. It isn't Trump's fault. It isn't the US's fault. It isn't Ukraine's or Canada's fault. It is Iran's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

No, they're the direct consequence of paranoia that the US might retaliate against Iran when Iran was firing ballistic missiles at US bases in Iraq. This is not the US's fault in any way, shape, or form and it's really rather obnoxious that anyone in the US would try to make the case it was the US's fault.

Iran could have been proactive out of concern that their missile firing might have consequences and have grounded civil aviation flights for several hours just in case. They didn't and then one of their idiots with their finger on the button of a SAM battery shot a plane out of the sky because of that. This is ENTIRELY IRAN'S FAULT. It isn't Trump's fault. It isn't the US's fault. It isn't Ukraine's or Canada's fault. It is Iran's fault.

actually, - I can see Iran's logic. IF the missiles Hadn't taken out the pilots and the controls, THe engines wouldn't have stopped, so it realise is Mechanical Failure. right?

Are they to blame that the Infidels in AMERICA have built an airliner so delicate that a relative inconvenience, striking it in the skies, is enough to plummet it to earth?
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post

Quite a few Canadians were killed? Ukraine wants the "punishment" in USD?
        \that's because , as our wall street Pundit has reminded me, canuckbuck trades at a stuffed burlap sackfull per Yankee dollar.The Uks wan't to avoid the costs of shipping bulk paper....

Comment

Let me get this straight:

When people are killed deliberately in Benghazi, this is not entirely the fault of the perpetrators but if the perpetrators kill by mistake people in Tehran, it is entirely their fault.

Got it!
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            Did Iran grant all 12 visas for Canada’s rapid response team? As of Friday, they only issued 2 of 12.

Yesterday, the three-member advance contingent of the SRDT, who had already received Iranian visas, travelled to Tehran to establish a base of operations for the Canadian government.
            As of this morning, visas have been approved for six other members of the team currently stationed in Ankara as well as for two experts from the Transportation Safety Board. They will travel to Iran tomorrow.
            The last member of the SRDT will arrive in Ankara tomorrow and we expect their visa to be granted swiftly.
            https://twitter.com/FP_Champagne/sta...87263204155392
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

When people are killed deliberately in Benghazi, this is not entirely the fault of the perpetrators but if the perpetrators kill by mistake people in Tehran, it is entirely their fault.

Got it!
              \good - we need someone to decipher how Barack Obama, the vicious warmaker who unleashed over 1,800 drone strikes in the Middle East; is the same POTUS who protected paid and enhanced all his 'Fellow Muslims.."

Comment

Got it!

Comment

We have double standards on the field and you want to play different games with different sets of rules according to which president is in the White House.
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

\good - we need someone to decipher how Barack Obama, the vicious warmaker who unleashed over 1,800 drone strikes in the Middle East; is the same POTUS who protected paid and enhanced all his 'Fellow Muslims.."

By their logic, if the Iranians had actually deliberately shot down the airplane, that would have made them less responsible for the act since the perpetrators in Benghazi who deliberately killed people were not SOLELY responsible for what they did and some of the blame was on the shoulders of the Obama administration

Comment

We have double standards on the field and you want to play different games with different sets of rules according to which president is in the White House.
                      How does an attack by terrorists on a US ambassador who had in inadequate security force with him, an attack sustained for hours, become the equivalent of a nation's military mistakenly shooting down a commercial airliner because that government and / or military was incompetent? Sure, the Obama administration, and in particular the State Department's, response was both lethargic and disingenuous with lying for days that it was really over an obscure internet movie by some unknown person. So, in both cases the people involved at the top were incompetent, uncaring ("What difference does it make?!"), and lying.

But, the incidents themselves have no relationship to one and other, other than people died in both.

Comment

How does an attack by terrorists on a US ambassador who had in inadequate security force with him, an attack sustained for hours, become the equivalent of a nation's military mistakenly shooting down a commercial airliner because that government and / or military was incompetent? Sure, the Obama administration, and in particular the State Department's, response was both lethargic and disingenuous with lying for days that it was really over an obscure internet movie by some unknown person. So, in both cases the people involved at the top were incompetent, uncaring ("What difference does it make?!"), and lying.

But, the incidents themselves have no relationship to one and other, other than people died in both.
                        Here we talk about assigning blame, and all countries, including Libya are responsible for protecting embassies in their territories.

So, it was not just some individuals attacking Libya.It was also the failure of the local government to protect the embassy. But for some reason you think that only the current event is about assigning sole responsibility to the Iranian government while in the past event the US government should be also held accountable for failing to anticipate the incompetency of the Libyan government and take measures to secure the protection of the victims.
                        Last edited by pamak; 12 Jan 20, 15:43.

Comment

It was a slip- agreed- however, it is the responsibility of the US Marine command to have a contingency plan in effect. Someone slipped, TAG, at the senior ranks level.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It was a slip- agreed- however, it is the responsibility of the US Marine command to have a contingency plan in effect. Someone slipped, TAG, at the senior ranks level.
                            Failure to anticipate possible consequences (including ones based on incompetence) is valid for both the Obama and the Trump administration. It is not that it required a leap of imagination to see the dangers when just a few years ago we had another case of accidentally shooting down a civilian airplane in Ukraine.
                            Last edited by pamak; 12 Jan 20, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Yes it does. Killing the Iranian terrorist was a tactical victory, but probably a strategic mistake. And the shooting down of the airliner was a consequence of the air strike on the Iranian terrorist.
                              No matter what the left claims, it wasn't Trump's fault that some junior officer working a SAM site pulled the trigger. The blame goes completely to Iran.
                              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

No matter what the left claims, it wasn't Trump's fault that some junior officer working a SAM site pulled the trigger. The blame goes completely to Iran.
                                Jn turned to Sveinn and said: Veit ga, Sveinki! ("That I know, little Sveinn!") Ever since veit ga, Sveinki has been a part of the Icelandic treasury of sayings, in this case meaning that something totally obvious has been stated.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B3n_Arason
                                Last edited by marktwain; 12 Jan 20, 19:44.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X