Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War powers acts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Phaing View Post

    Doomed.... how?
    Doomed by what, what is going to happen to them?
    Will the same "doom" still be waiting for them 50 years from now?

    Are we doomed to follow the Roman example, and fall from Republic to Empire?
    Iran will try to dominate the ME what will result in a nuclear war .And Europe will not escape .

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

      Who cares? Rand has always been a rouge libertarian who runs as a republican.
      But he has not been as somebody who hates Trump or who tries to take Trump down. So, his views cannot be taken as partisan talk aiming to harm Trump in the next elections.

      And you also have the other GOP senator (Lee) who also has not expressed previously any desire to harm Trump for partisan reasons.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ljadw View Post

        Iran will try to dominate the ME what will result in a nuclear war .And Europe will not escape .
        That's because – as North Korea has shown – nuclear deterrence is the only thing that really works on the US.

        All other less aggressive alternatives have failed for Iran so far.

        And if that's the trajectory of the future – big "IF" after all – then all Trump has done so far is precipitate it.

        If it's inevitable anyway, why not sooner rather than later?

        Comment


        • #49
          The moment Iran has missiles and nuclear weapons ,it will use them .
          This has been made possible by Obama .

          Comment


          • #50
            The difference between Kim and Iran is that Kim will not attack SK,he will use his WMD only as blackmail, to obtain food . Iran OTOH will not hesitate to attack KSA and Israel with nuclear weapons ,which will result in US and Israelki nuclear counter-attacks .
            The world will go back to the Middle Ages .
            All this will be the responsibility of the liberals in the USA.
            The only thing Trump can do is to launch a nuclear attack on Iran .
            But, can he do it ? There is no certainty that such an attack will eliminate totally Iran's nuclear capacity .
            In 1981 Israel took no risks and destroyed Iraq's nuclear reactor,as usual the liberals were whining , but in 2005 even Bill Clinton said that the Israeli attack was justified .
            But, now, I fear that it is too late for the US to launch a preventive attack, because there is no certainty that Iran will not have the capacity to reply .All this is the fault of the liberals .
            Last edited by ljadw; 14 Jan 20, 02:56.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by ljadw View Post
              The moment Iran has missiles and nuclear weapons ,it will use them .
              This has been made possible by Obama .
              No justification for such belief since under Obama the deal against Iranian attempts to enrich uranium for military purposes was working. Plus, there is no justification for such belief when Iran will also suffer consequences if it ever acquires nuclear weapons and chooses to use them against any of its rivals.

              By contrast, the country which HAS WMDs and has used them against targets which cannot retaliate in kind (Syrian civilians) is the one which Trump abandoned last month while his supporters were applauding him for putting "America first"
              Last edited by pamak; 14 Jan 20, 02:55.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                That's because – as North Korea has shown – nuclear deterrence is the only thing that really works on the US.

                All other less aggressive alternatives have failed for Iran so far.

                And if that's the trajectory of the future – big "IF" after all – then all Trump has done so far is precipitate it.

                If it's inevitable anyway, why not sooner rather than later?

                I’m confused. Deterrence?
                Are you really suggesting that we are the ones who have been threatening the peace on the Korean Peninsula the last 70 years?

                I guess I had forgotten our surprise attack on North Korea or the tunnels we dug under the border of the ships we attack or the artillery barrages we launch or the civilians we kidnap or the people we have infiltrate across the border, blowing up passenger airlines,or the counterfeiting and drug operations....
                Oh wait, that was the NORKs who did all that.

                Deterrence from what?
                Are you suggesting that the NORKs are the innocent players in the Korean drama?
                Last edited by Cambronnne; 14 Jan 20, 08:34.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by pamak View Post

                  No justification for such belief since under Obama the deal against Iranian attempts to enrich uranium for military purposes was working. Plus, there is no justification for such belief when Iran will also suffer consequences if it ever acquires nuclear weapons and chooses to use them against any of its rivals.

                  By contrast, the country which HAS WMDs and has used them against targets which cannot retaliate in kind (Syrian civilians) is the one which Trump abandoned last month while his supporters were applauding him for putting "America first"
                  Trump is not elected to care about Syrian civilians,of whom a lot are ISIS supporters .
                  Besides, the others ( Kurds, ISIS, etc ) have also used WMDs.
                  The Obama deal was giving Iran all opportunity to work on WMDs .

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                    Without the US interventions in the ME,dozens of million in the ME,Europe, US and Canada would have died/would die .
                    You have already killed many thousands in recent times or doesnt GW1, GW,2, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq count and your support of the Arab Spring.that didnt really sort things out after the demise of various dictators that just put new dictators in charge.....How many thousand Iraq,s where killed in the hunt for Hussan when Baghdad was bombed time after time.... Please dont give me that BS that the US was saving the world by sticking their nose into other countries affairs.....................I served in the Middle East (Canadian military 70,s )and also took part in the Suez Crisis (British Army '56) and seen the fu that you people caused.......Stay home pal your president just syphoned 7 B for his wall from your military budget, so better count your bullets...

                    North of YYZ

                    PS.....I see your president just laid claim to Kurdish oil....thought you guys were supposed to be self serving with no need of off shore oil forgetting of course the oil you get??? from us dirt cheap.
                    Last edited by Bow; 14 Jan 20, 11:04.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                      What Jefferson thought two centuries ago is irrelevant : the potus is commander in chief, not Congress and since Teddy Roosevelt,all presidents have acted without the approval of Congress .
                      By any chance, were you a Degrelle enthusiast in what Archie Bunker called " da real war, meathead,..."
                      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Phaing View Post

                        Doomed.... how?
                        Doomed by what, what is going to happen to them?
                        Will the same "doom" still be waiting for them 50 years from now?

                        Are we doomed to follow the Roman example, and fall from Republic to Empire?

                        Viđ ráđum örlögum okkar sjálfir héđan í frá.
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by pamak View Post

                          Those Americans who want full commitment must support drafting. . It will be interesting to see then how many of them will be so enthusiastic for starting a "proper war."
                          this forum tends to forget that Iran was the first country that Joseph Stalin Voluntarily pulled out of....
                          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                            Iran will try to dominate the ME what will result in a nuclear war .And Europe will not escape .
                            Then Europe should do something.
                            They are much closer, have closer ties and should have learned something about the region from the years that the Mid-East was their shared colony.

                            And can't the richest (per capita) nations in the world do anything for themselves? They have built their versions of Las Vegas on artificial islands in the Gulf, can't they arm themselves any better than an Iran that is so shallow that their economy falls apart just because US Banks can't give them loans anymore?

                            When the game is dominated by losers, isn't it time to find a new sport?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                              this forum tends to forget that Iran was the first country that Joseph Stalin Voluntarily pulled out of....
                              So what are you .... OMG!

                              Even the Russians have standards, right?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                                Trump is not elected to care about Syrian civilians,of whom a lot are ISIS supporters .
                                Besides, the others ( Kurds, ISIS, etc ) have also used WMDs.
                                The Obama deal was giving Iran all opportunity to work on WMDs .
                                The Syrian civilians are threatened by the same organization that threatens the US - ISIS. So, you are not convincing that you are really in so much fear of terrorist threats, when you did not care a month ago about the continuing presence of ISIS in Syria and when you forget that ISIS sleeping cells are responsible for the deaths in the US and not Iranian ones.

                                And Trump is not elected also to care about Saudi, Iraqi and Israeli civilians a lot of whom are also ISIS supporters and a lot of whom have the means to defend themselves

                                "Giving Iran an opportunity to work on WMDs" is another meaningless expression. Almost all countries have such opportunity and this does not come from Obama.
                                Last edited by pamak; 14 Jan 20, 15:57.
                                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X