Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Address to the Nation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump Address to the Nation

    What are your thoughts to his address this morning?

    I thought he was very well behaved. He let them save face but let it be known further aggression will not be tolerated.


    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

  • #2
    Since 2018 Trump's official policy has been that any act by Iranian backed Militias in Iraq will be consider a direct action by Iran. What that means is Trump gave them over a year to stop killing Americans. That should give pause to the people that say killing Soleimani was rash. He has been "very well behaved" all along.

    Trump is in a very difficult situation. He has to keep the warhawks in the republican party happy. At the same time his base will demand he keep his promise to end foreign wars. He can't do both. That said Obama did not lose his base when he failed to keep his promise to withdraw from Iraq. My question is which will he choose. I think he will choose his base because those are the people that he feels a close affinity with. If I was him I could never trust someone like Lindsey Graham who was buddy buddy with that idiot McCain
    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      (…) That should give pause to the people that say killing Soleimani was rash. He has been "very well behaved" all along.
      I suspect it was an opportunity, he was killed on the Baghdad equivalent of the Brussels ring, along with no less than 9 other commanders apparently, kind of a strange place to be for a a fellow nicknamed the "Shadow Commander".

      No what was "rash" was blowing up the nuclear deal for no obvious reason, that started this new escalation of events.

      Now some "new" deal will have to be negotiated and you need the Iranian government for that.
      Last edited by Snowygerry; 09 Jan 20, 04:01.
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

      Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

        I suspect it was an opportunity, he was killed on the Baghdad equivalent of the Brussels ring, along with no less than 9 other commanders apparently, kind of a strange place to be for a a fellow nicknamed the "Shadow Commander".

        No what was "rash" was blowing up the nuclear deal for no obvious reason, that started this new escalation of events.

        Now some "new" deal will have to be negotiated and you need the Iranian government for that.
        Maybe this time the deal will be that Iran give up their sponsorship of supporting terrorist, ballistic missile research, open up all facilities that could manufacture nuclear weapons, instead of the agreement that the Obama made that couldn't get through Congress.
        Too Much To Do Too Little Time

        Comment


        • #5
          It was predictable how the mainstream media would react. They were whining about gloom and doom. Reporting fake propaganda straight from the Islamic Republic of Iran.
          Once again, Trump embarrassed them by doing the complete opposite and Iran ended up giving us a nice firework show.

          “Someone who doesn’t know is less stupid than someone who wrongly think he knows."

          Comment


          • #6
            I am happy that 'other' nations and organizations know for sure what kind of response they will receive if they terrorize the U.S.A. in any fashion. A change for sure and much needed.
            SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Persephone View Post
              What are your thoughts to his address this morning?

              I thought he was very well behaved. He let them save face but let it be known further aggression will not be tolerated.

              I think you are right. 15 missiles were fired, they hit empty ground, and the Ayatollah claims to have killed 80 Americans.... and nobody believes him except his cronies.
              If that's the end of it, I'm glad.
              But is it?

              Comment


              • #8
                Yea, but Solemani did get his 72 virgins...



                And, they all have hunting licenses...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Phaing View Post

                  I think you are right. 15 missiles were fired, they hit empty ground, and the Ayatollah claims to have killed 80 Americans.... and nobody believes him except his cronies.
                  If that's the end of it, I'm glad.
                  But is it?

                  It won't end until they agree to negotiate how to dismantle their nuclear program. Until then, they can starve a slow death with more and more sanctions. They were smart to only put up a fireworks show. If there were any American casualties, it would have given us the green light to take out their nuclear program for them.

                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                  "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Persephone View Post


                    It won't end until they agree to negotiate how to dismantle their nuclear program. Until then, they can starve a slow death with more and more sanctions. They were smart to only put up a fireworks show. If there were any American casualties, it would have given us the green light to take out their nuclear program for them.
                    The difficulty with Sanctions is that Iran shares a border with the Uzbeks, the Kazakhs, the Pakistanis and can import via the Caspian sea form Russia.
                    Prices are higher- but goods come through/
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                      I am happy that 'other' nations and organizations know for sure what kind of response they will receive if they terrorize the U.S.A. in any fashion. A change for sure and much needed.

                      I like how the Trump administation denied a visa to the Iranian Foreign Minister to attend an event at the NYC UN headquarters.

                      It used to stick in my craw every time they were allowed to enter the US by previous administrations just to spew anti-America crap at the podium.


                      U.S. denies Iran's Zarif a visa to attend U.N.

                      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z605T
                      Last edited by Persephone; 09 Jan 20, 17:15.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                      "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Trump's 'address' was at the same time tepid and bombastic. His 'entrance' to the speech was nothing short of egocentric.
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                          The difficulty with Sanctions is that Iran shares a border with the Uzbeks, the Kazakhs, the Pakistanis and can import via the Caspian sea form Russia.
                          Prices are higher- but goods come through/

                          Yeah...Trump's also creating jobs for kolbars.


                          Image result for Kurdish Smugglers, Iran Sanctions

                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                          "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            Trump's 'address' was at the same time tepid and bombastic. His 'entrance' to the speech was nothing short of egocentric.

                            This might be the nicest things you've ever said about Trump.


                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                            "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Insanity is thinking that the intellectually "elite" foreign policy "experts" and the same old formula for nuclear agreements was working or was going to work.

                              When has the diplomatic geniuses ever been right? We can start with North Korea. Carter and Bush both had agreement very similar to Obama's Iran agreement with North Korea and what happened?

                              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-k...81S1PG20120229

                              Then there is India, Pakistan and Israel. Non proliferation treaties only work where countries that don't have nuclear weapons don't really want them all that bad such as Germany and Japan.

                              India and Pakistan raise another question. As with North Korea our wonderful intelligence services seem to have underestimated the ability of these nations to develop nuclear weapons. Considering these intelligence failures for all we know Iran already has nuclear weapons. You have to assume that Iran is not a rational actor or is a less rational actor than Pakistan and India to conclude that Iran would commit suicide by using a nuclear weapon. Yes the theocrats in control of Iran are crazy but recent events in which their Military leader was killed by Trump indicates it's not the kind of crazy that commits suicide. The hard line on nuclear non proliferation in Iran goes beyond just stopping them from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

                              Nuclear weapons are almost a status symbol these days. All rational actors understand they can't be used without risking self immolation. In addition the real threat to the world is not from secondary powers having nuclear weapons that threat comes from the U.S., China and Russia. Iran doesn't want nuclear weapons so it can use them it wants them to prevent existential threats. By telling Iran that it can not have nuclear weapons what we are really saying is that we reserve the right to overrun their country if the don't behave. The Irony is that if they had nuclear weapons they may soon find that behaving is the best way to avoid existential threats. Still what makes Iran unique among potential nuclear powers is that they are intent on expanding their sphere of influence in ways that India, Pakistan and North Korea seem less interested in.

                              It's the fanatical way that the religious fascism of Iran wants to expand not nuclear weapons that make it uniquely dangerous. Something that Obama could not comprehend because of his delusions about decolonization and his acceptance of the tenets of multiculturalism. In exchange for a nuclear agreement Obama would have had to guarantee Iran's theocracies survival much as the U.S. had to guarantee Japan and Germany that they were protected. Short of that Iran had to eventually acquire nuclear weapons or give up it's Jihad and aspirations in the region. Obama's agreement was bound to fail because it made the same assumption that Chamberlain made which is that the national ambitions of fascist nations is subject to non ideological constraints.



                              We hunt the hunters

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X