Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pelosi Should Have Known

This is the man Trump killed:

At the funeral, the mourners sobbed, and some beat their chests in the Shiite way. Shateri’s casket was wrapped in an Iranian flag, and gathered around it were the commander of the Revolutionary Guard, dressed in green fatigues; a member of the plot to murder four exiled opposition leaders in a Berlin restaurant in 1992; and the father of Imad Mughniyeh, the Hezbollah commander believed to be responsible for the bombings that killed more than two hundred and fifty Americans in Beirut in 1983. Mughniyeh was assassinated in 2008, purportedly by Israeli agents. In the ethos of the Iranian revolution, to die was to serve. Before Shateri’s funeral, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the country’s Supreme Leader, released a note of praise: “In the end, he drank the sweet syrup of martyrdom.”

Kneeling in the second row on the mosque’s carpeted floor was Major General Qassem Suleimani, the Quds Force’s leader: a small man of fifty-six, with silver hair, a close-cropped beard, and a look of intense self-containment. It was Suleimani who had sent Shateri, an old and trusted friend, to his death. As Revolutionary Guard commanders, he and Shateri belonged to a small fraternity formed during the Sacred Defense, the name given to the Iran-Iraq War, which lasted from 1980 to 1988 and left as many as a million people dead. It was a catastrophic fight, but for Iran it was the beginning of a three-decade project to build a Shiite sphere of influence, stretching across Iraq and Syria to the Mediterranean. Along with its allies in Syria and Lebanon, Iran forms an Axis of Resistance, arrayed against the region’s dominant Sunni powers and the West. In Syria, the project hung in the balance, and Suleimani was mounting a desperate fight, even if the price of victory was a sectarian conflict that engulfed the region for years.

Suleimani took command of the Quds Force fifteen years ago, and in that time he has sought to reshape the Middle East in Iran’s favor, working as a power broker and as a military force: assassinating rivals, arming allies, and, for most of a decade, directing a network of militant groups that killed hundreds of Americans in Iraq. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has sanctioned Suleimani for his role in supporting the Assad regime, and for abetting terrorism. And yet he has remained mostly invisible to the outside world, even as he runs agents and directs operations. “Suleimani is the single most powerful operative in the Middle East today,” John Maguire, a former C.I.A. officer in Iraq, told me, “and no one’s ever heard of him.”
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...=pocket-newtab
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

What's far more egregious is how the MSM and Democrats are now saying what a bad thing this action was. They are all but openly supporting Iran on this. I guess the TDS really is terminal when you're willing to cozy up to clear enemies of your own state to try to get a poke in the eye of someone you hate.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      What's far more egregious is how the MSM and Democrats are now saying what a bad thing this action was. They are all but openly supporting Iran on this. I guess the TDS really is terminal when you're willing to cozy up to clear enemies of your own state to try to get a poke in the eye of someone you hate.
      "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

The enemy of anyone who opposes America under Trump is a friend of the Democrats, including illegals, criminals, murderous terrorists and drug cartels.

Comment

And Shillary called us deplorable... Can we just get it over with and settle this civil war?
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I knew it was coming, but I was surprised that it took this long.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            And Shillary called us deplorable... Can we just get it over with and settle this civil war?
            No...we can't...because most Americans are unwilling to surrender the nation to the cowardly, back-stabbing Democrat traitors who want to take it over. Until they are well and truly beaten this civil war will continue and grow worse.

Comment

its is not supporting Iran as so much going um we killed a four star general of Iraq intentionally while not at war with them if this was done say ten year ago sure we could show Iran was killing americans. We also violated the sovereignty of an ally So should turkey be allowed to come kill people in the US. We know there are at least one or two that Turkey would like to get.

Iran is now free to conduct assinations because arguments could be made that we are the terriorist (btw not tthat I would agree but for some people in the world it would be valid.) I mean right now we are planning immenent attacks on Iran. Seems Trump logic if used by Iran to attack the US would be valid. .
              Is this really a good thing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

No...we can't...because most Americans are unwilling to surrender the nation to the cowardly, back-stabbing Democrat traitors who want to take it over. Until they are well and truly beaten this civil war will continue and grow worse.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Civil war?

Aye OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Civil war?

Aye OK.
                    Looks a little different when you live here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Looks a little different when you live here.
                      Yeah partisan bumper stickers, mean twitter comments and biased news sources..... a regular old N.Ireland during the Troubles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X