No announcement yet.

Democrats frown on putting gang members on red flag list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

I have stated multiple time, I DO NOT SUPPORT RED FLAG LAWS!
      Your statements are contradictory. You do support red flag laws, so long as they're targeted towards specific groups.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

How's it feel to have someone else dictate your opinion for you?
        You do this all the time to other and frankly, it pompous and incredibly arrogant , we post replies to you only to have you twist them around.
        anyone who is affiliated with a known street gang, drug cartel. Murder for hire gang, or gangs who are into criminal activity should be either in prisons, or if on parole, disarmed and drug tested once a week.
        I am a conservative, which ever party comes as close to my vision of America without holding my nose too hard gets my vote.
        I live by few rules, do unto others as they do unto me.
        No politician is honest, only a fool who continually runs into bonfires would believe other wise.
        You can always tell a Democrat but you can't tell them much.
        Felons should not have term limits but their supporters in Congress should.
        What I do is call a spade a spade, entirely different from putting words in their mouth.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Red Flag laws allow police to confiscate firearms from any citizen based merely on the testimony of a niehbor, a family member or anyone else.
          The stupidity of these feel good for the liberals law is this:
          If someone one is threatening to themselves or others they should be taken off the streets. Disarming them and leaving them in their home is a recipe for retaliation with a hammer, knife, screwdriver , rock, stick, crowbar or their bare hands.
          The threat is from the individual the weapon is secondary.
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

California's gang database operates without enough oversight, doesn't properly make sure the people it places in the database truly qualify as gang members, doesn't purge the names of people who are placed in the database when it's supposed to, and ultimately ends up with a high potential of violating the privacy of California citizens. Those are the results of a state audit released today of California's "CalGang Criminal Intelligence System."
            https://reason.com/2016/08/11/califo...s-a-privacy-v/

Anyone can be placed into a gang database. Red flag laws are a method of disarming anyone the government chooses. So red flag laws, in any form, are a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment, period.
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Anyone can be placed into a gang database. Red flag laws are a method of disarming anyone the government chooses. So red flag laws, in any form, are a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment, period.
              I am against red flag laws. That isn't the point, The point is the people who started these red flag laws want to keep KNOWN GANG MEMBERS OFF THE LIST!
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Not completely correct. California's gang database could either:

-Be fixed with better screening and rules
                -Not be used as a source for red flagging
                -Or be required to have several other sources that are more reliable backing it up

In any case, the person being put into one of these databases should be notified of that and have the chance to go to court and contest the entry.

It's not that I like red flag laws, I don't. But, if you're going to have one make it as fair as possible to the persons being put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Not completely correct. California's gang database could either:

-Be fixed with better screening and rules
                  Be fixed by whom? The same people who are misusing it?

-Not be used as a source for red flagging
                  That would go against the purpose of this discussion.

-Or be required to have several other sources that are more reliable backing it up

In any case, the person being put into one of these databases should be notified of that and have the chance to go to court and contest the entry.

It's not that I like red flag laws, I don't. But, if you're going to have one make it as fair as possible to the persons being put on it.
                  According to this poll you answered, you do like red flag laws. https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...-red-flag-laws

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Be fixed by whom? The same people who are misusing it?

That would go against the purpose of this discussion.

According to this poll you answered, you do like red flag laws. https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...-red-flag-laws
                    So? I changed my mind. Problem with that?

Comment

When the white supremacist was targeted, unfairly, by red flag laws is when you changed your position. But now that allege gang members are being targeted, you're ok with it again. Or, ok with it in this instance anyway.

So it's not ok for the white supremacist, but ok for groups of minorities.

Sounds about right.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X