X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi demands briefing on air strike

Stay in your lane Pelosi

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

What? Or she won't release the articles of impeachment?

Comment

I guess we don't care about checks and balances anymore. The President does not have the power to wage war at his discretion. The attack Trump carried out was a direct act of war against Iran.

But, Trump supporters are authoritarian as proven in psychological studies so these concepts will be lost on you. So carry on rejoicing in the fall of democracy. There is nothing anyone can say to subdue your blood-lust in favor of small government principles.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

What a witch.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Ever hear of the war powers act?
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            Ever hear of the war powers act?
            think it requires briefings though

And even more important you do not take us to war without rallying the public first which includes the Dems just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              I guess we don't care about checks and balances anymore. The President does not have the power to wage war at his discretion. The attack Trump carried out was a direct act of war against Iran.

But, Trump supporters are authoritarian as proven in psychological studies so these concepts will be lost on you. So carry on rejoicing in the fall of democracy. There is nothing anyone can say to subdue your blood-lust in favor of small government principles.
              Actually, under the War Powers Act, he does for limited periods of time. Congress gave Presidents that authority. It's not as if the last say 5 or 6 Presidents haven't done likewise without consulting Congress or even bothering to tell Congress what they're doing.

But all-of-a-sudden, with Trump things change and when the Democrats demand what no previous Congress did they are considered beyond reproach and right in their actions because, well, it's Trump. That makes anything and everything anti-Trump right and just.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

And even more important you do not take us to war without rallying the public first which includes the Dems just saying.
                Nope. It does require anything beyond 90 days to get Congressional approval. So, blowing up some Iranian general who's orchestrating terrorist groups and attacks all over the Middle East doesn't require squat from Congress, and any other President besides Trump would be getting accolades for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Nope. It does require anything beyond 90 days to get Congressional approval. So, blowing up some Iranian general who's orchestrating terrorist groups and attacks all over the Middle East doesn't require squat from Congress, and any other President besides Trump would be getting accolades for doing it.
                  um did not say approval did I

I said briefing. That is the standard which even Obama followed.

btw at what point did I say Trump was wrong to do it. Although I not sure getting kicked out of Iraq was worth it in the long run if that how this plays out.

Or as usual you saying the president can do whatever he wants. I am fairly sure you were saying something different when Obama was in office in regards to Libya and Syria.

Comment

1. The military leaders who planned the attack didn't share information with anyone, They should the president?
                    2. DC leaks like a sieve.
                    3. Screw Pelosi..
                    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Actually, under the War Powers Act, he does for limited periods of time. Congress gave Presidents that authority. It's not as if the last say 5 or 6 Presidents haven't done likewise without consulting Congress or even bothering to tell Congress what they're doing.

But all-of-a-sudden, with Trump things change and when the Democrats demand what no previous Congress did they are considered beyond reproach and right in their actions because, well, it's Trump. That makes anything and everything anti-Trump right and just.
                      TDS. People have been complaining about this long before Trump came into office, so stop with the victim card.

In fact, Trump supporters often complained about this very thing under Obama, but of course once their preferred dictator is in office, their allege values changed.

The War Powers Act allows the president to act without congressional approval in the case of a national emergency. There was no national emergency.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

um did not say approval did I

I said briefing. That is the standard which even Obama followed.

btw at what point did I say Trump was wrong to do it. Although I not sure getting kicked out of Iraq was worth it in the long run if that how this plays out.

Or as usual you saying the president can do whatever he wants. I am fairly sure you were saying something different when Obama was in office in regards to Libya and Syria.
                        Actually, my complaint with Obama was he was pathetically slow to do or respond to anything in this respect. If anything, Obama went to Congress to get approval not because it was some correct move, but rather knowing it would slow down having to make any decision on anything. It's a bureaucrat's / manager's response to a non-conforming situation.

Leadership, like it or not, is about applying a decision--right or wrong-- to a situation and moving forward on it. Managing a war is a certain way to be defeated. Wars need leaders and decision makers, not dithering and making sure all the 'paperwork' is in order.

This isn't to commend Trump or bash Obama. It's an observation about how each handles things.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

TDS. People have been complaining about this long before Trump came into office, so stop with the victim card.

In fact, Trump supporters often complained about this very thing under Obama, but of course once their preferred dictator is in office, their allege values changed.

The War Powers Act allows the president to act without congressional approval in the case of a national emergency. There was no national emergency.
                          If someone is causing the death of US Troops then the opportunity to knock them out at a moment's notice is in fact a sort of 'emergency'... especially if it is a fleeting possibility.
                          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Actually, my complaint with Obama was he was pathetically slow to do or respond to anything in this respect. If anything, Obama went to Congress to get approval not because it was some correct move, but rather knowing it would slow down having to make any decision on anything. It's a bureaucrat's / manager's response to a non-conforming situation.

Leadership, like it or not, is about applying a decision--right or wrong-- to a situation and moving forward on it. Managing a war is a certain way to be defeated. Wars need leaders and decision makers, not dithering and making sure all the 'paperwork' is in order.

This isn't to commend Trump or bash Obama. It's an observation about how each handles things.
                            Move to China. Their form of leadership is more in line with your preferences.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That is a very good point. Isolating the Speaker of the House of Representatives away form the military news would do - what - exactly?
                              How many of our saber rattlers have actually seen a corpse? This isn't a game....
                              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X