US airstrike in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    I didn't say you were inaccurate. I said you had bias leading to cognitive dissonance.
    So in plain English you're saying that, "you're not factually wrong -- but you're wrong." Got it.

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    The bias comes from thinking there are better candidates.
    There were: Mitt Romney, John McCain, and going back to the beginning in my view, Barry Goldwater. They were all better.

But specifically to 2016, I preferred John Kasich: reasonably professional, seasoned, came across like an adult living in the real world. Not particularly sexy, but I never thought of sex appeal as a requisite for high office. You, on the other hand, voted for the sexiest candidate since Bill Clinton -- a man who boasted of his "endowment" on national television. Did either Trump or Bubba "make your panties damp"? (Heard a woman say that of Bill Clinton back in '92. )

I have never bought into the whole dignity of the office non sense.
    Then sure, we can do away with Air Force 1, the White House, the Secret Service runners alongside the armor-plated Cadillac limousine and presidential motorcade: all that stuff is show-biz anyway. How did Clint Eastwood put it, to "make the President look more 'presidential.'"

Most of the people in Washington are bigger screw-ups than Trump.
    I'd say that most political types are genuine ego and basket cases, but along comes Trump and he actually trumps most of them. I've said repeatedly that Trump is not a revolutionary figure, but an evolutionary figure. He's the latest in an unbroken line of sh*tbirds to occupy the Oval Orifice since Bill Clinton. Just because Trump has evolved along the same lines as the rest of his generation doesn't mean that among the elected official line of Baby-boomers, he isn't the sh*ttiest yet of the sh*ttiest vocation of the sh*ttiest generation.

That includes most of the people in the intelligence agencies and many in the upper echelons of the military. I suppose you would prefer crazy Bloomberg who seems to hate Trump even more than you do.
    I've not met Bloomberg, but I know people who have, and the word 'round the campfire is that he thinks himself the smartest person in every room he's ever entered. Considering the kinds of policies he advocates, I'd say that that assessment is spot on. When he's leading government, he promises, with all sincerity, to fix your life but good.

Now, have you ever considered the possibility that the cognitive dissonance is emanating not from me, but from you? I mean, you voted for a guy who touted himself as the greatest businessman to ever have existed -- yet outside his "reality" show, he's barely outperformed the S&P 500. Indeed, if it weren't for the NBC show, you likely would never have heard of Donald Trump. He's been front-page news in this City for going on four decades already. I've had a front-row seat to both his business career and his private life since before I was in high school. What you know about the guy is what you learned from his own advertising. Now, would it be so embarrassing to admit that you were had?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

I've not met Bloomberg, but I know people who have, and the word 'round the campfire is that he thinks himself the smartest person in every room he's ever entered. Considering the kinds of policies he advocates, I'd say that that assessment is spot on. When he's leading government, he promises, with all sincerity, to fix your life but good.

Hey Marc - I grew up in Medford (aka 'meffa/medfid') Mass and my best friend lived two streets over from him. If I remember correctly, he was the kid on the brand new Raleigh 3 speed bike who obviously thought himself superior in every way over us mere fourth-graders on hand-me-down Schwinns with balloon tires and a push button horn that didn't work.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

Hey Marc - I grew up in Medford (aka 'meffa/medfid') Mass and my best friend lived two streets over from him. If I remember correctly, he was the kid on the brand new Raleigh 3 speed bike who obviously thought himself superior in every way over us mere fourth-graders on hand-me-down Schwinns with balloon tires and a push button horn that didn't work.
        I can see that. Add to that the way he twisted City Gov't around his little finger to acquire the real estate for Bloomberg LP's headquarters (59th and Lex, where Alexander's used to be) both before and after his mayoralty, and he's proven himself to be not only smug, but something of a self-serving little sh*t, as well.

Comment

• So wondering how many people think Iran was planning on blowing up the US embassy. I may think Iran is fairly nuts but they have shown not completely stupid No president would of done nothing in response

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
            So wondering how many people think Iran was planning on blowing up the US embassy. I may think Iran is fairly nuts but they have shown not completely stupid No president would of done nothing in response
            Can't say what Pasdaran's targets were/are, but I'm sure that they were lining up US targets to be hit by their proxies in Iraq.

Comment

Can't say what Pasdaran's targets were/are, but I'm sure that they were lining up US targets to be hit by their proxies in Iraq.
              Trump said it was blowing up the embassy. I have no doubt he was up to no good but not that.

Comment

Trump said it was blowing up the embassy. I have no doubt he was up to no good but not that.
                Might have been on his "to do" list, but not a priority, at least not yet. Then again, storming the US embassy in Tehran in '79 proved to be a real boon for the Islamic Republic, so whose to say that they might not want to try again in neighboring Iraq.

Comment

So in plain English you're saying that, "you're not factually wrong -- but you're wrong." Got it.

There were: Mitt Romney, John McCain, and going back to the beginning in my view, Barry Goldwater. They were all better.

But specifically to 2016, I preferred John Kasich: reasonably professional, seasoned, came across like an adult living in the real world. Not particularly sexy, but I never thought of sex appeal as a requisite for high office. You, on the other hand, voted for the sexiest candidate since Bill Clinton -- a man who boasted of his "endowment" on national television. Did either Trump or Bubba "make your panties damp"? (Heard a woman say that of Bill Clinton back in '92. )

Then sure, we can do away with Air Force 1, the White House, the Secret Service runners alongside the armor-plated Cadillac limousine and presidential motorcade: all that stuff is show-biz anyway. How did Clint Eastwood put it, to "make the President look more 'presidential.'"

I'd say that most political types are genuine ego and basket cases, but along comes Trump and he actually trumps most of them. I've said repeatedly that Trump is not a revolutionary figure, but an evolutionary figure. He's the latest in an unbroken line of sh*tbirds to occupy the Oval Orifice since Bill Clinton. Just because Trump has evolved along the same lines as the rest of his generation doesn't mean that among the elected official line of Baby-boomers, he isn't the sh*ttiest yet of the sh*ttiest vocation of the sh*ttiest generation.

Now, have you ever considered the possibility that the cognitive dissonance is emanating not from me, but from you? I mean, you voted for a guy who touted himself as the greatest businessman to ever have existed -- yet outside his "reality" show, he's barely outperformed the S&P 500. Indeed, if it weren't for the NBC show, you likely would never have heard of Donald Trump. He's been front-page news in this City for going on four decades already. I've had a front-row seat to both his business career and his private life since before I was in high school. What you know about the guy is what you learned from his own advertising. Now, would it be so embarrassing to admit that you were had?

LOL

I think Scott Adams got it about right, the president is persuader in chief. Trump has done the nearly impossible, he has persuaded the Republican party to do what had been nearly impossible, convince them to not commit suicide by nominating someone like McCain.

The only way forward for the Republican Party was through the deplorables. To capture the voters that both the Democratic and Republican establishment had left behind. It was a job for a Texas Wrestler not a "sober and judicious" stuffed shirt.

We could talk about policy but like Adams says we are watching the same movie on a split screen. The only thing we will agree on is that stopping Clinton was job one.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Might have been on his "to do" list, but not a priority, at least not yet. Then again, storming the US embassy in Tehran in '79 proved to be a real boon for the Islamic Republic, so whose to say that they might not want to try again in neighboring Iraq.
                    see a replay of storming it I get makes sense and does not really hit the unite America button as much as blowing one up would.

Almost anyone with any clue knows as long as you dodge the unite America action are response is not going to be overwhelming.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

LOL

I think Scott Adams got it about right, the president is persuader in chief. Trump has done the nearly impossible, he has persuaded the Republican party to do what had been nearly impossible, convince them to not commit suicide by nominating someone like McCain.

The only way forward for the Republican Party was through the deplorables. To capture the voters that both the Democratic and Republican establishment had left behind. It was a job for a Texas Wrestler not a "sober and judicious" stuffed shirt.

We could talk about policy but like Adams says we are watching the same movie on a split screen. The only thing we will agree on is that stopping Clinton was job one.
                      Quick side note deplorables are not what you described it actually refers to racist.

Actually stopping Clinton was the worse motto to go with. Clinton with a republican congress was a much better choice. Now with a dem congress not so much

Comment

So wondering how many people think Iran was planning on blowing up the US embassy. I may think Iran is fairly nuts but they have shown not completely stupid No president would of done nothing in response
                        I will also note that two GOP senators described the briefing they received for the intelligence the US government had about the imminent threat, as insulting and one of the worst they ever received as senators

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...demeaning-iran
                        Rand Paul, Mike Lee rip administration over 'insulting and demeaning' Iran briefing

GOP Sens. Mike Lee (Utah) and Rand Paul (Ky.) ripped the administration over a closed-door briefing on Iran on Wednesday, announcing they will now support a resolution reining in President Trump's military powers.

Lee, speaking to reporters after a roughly hourlong closed-door meeting with administration officials, characterized it as "the worst briefing I've seen, at least on a military issue."

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Imagine that...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51842744

UK soldier and two Americans killed in rocket attack in Iraq

Three people have been killed after a base hosting US and UK troops in Iraq was hit by a rocket attack.

At least 12 people were injured in the attack on the Taji military camp, north of Baghdad.

US military sources said an American soldier, an American contractor and a British soldier were killed. No names have yet been released.

Tension has been high since the US killed senior Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani in a drone strike in January.

A retaliatory Iranian strike on al-Asad, another base hosting US troops on 8 January left more than 100 soldiers suffering from traumatic brain injuries (TBI).

However, both Iran and the US appeared then to want to draw a line under the matter and there have been no major flare-ups since.

Now let's revisit the posts of this thread...

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Some people are sure overcome with joy about these deaths I expected it would be just Iranians

Comment

• Some people confuse rational argument about probable outcomes with desires to see people killed.

Comment

• Some people can’t wait for an opportunity to berate others just for the sake of it no matter how tragic the situation lucky them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X