US airstrike in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US airstrike in Iraq

The US carried out an airstrike on terrorist targets in Iraq killing two prominent leaders that were responsible for the US embassy attacks
    Trumps record on killing leadership terrorists has been great lately

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z11K8

Well I guess trump is proving he is neither carter, nor Obama when it comes to attacks on our embassies.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      Well I guess trump is proving he is neither carter, nor Obama when it comes to attacks on our embassies.
      There was this BEEG flash, girls....The uhhh, original .....no burkas in seventh heaven, from the looks of it....version....

Uhhh...How come in seventh heaven/THE heaven, the HOURIS ARE STARK NAKED, WHILE THE ISLAMIC TOP GUNS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE WEARING EVERY STITCH OF CLOTH THEY EVER OWNED?????
      Last edited by marktwain; 07 Jan 20, 21:05.
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
        Not sure how this Iranian person who was killed in the last attack is related to the embassy "attack" (what attack?), but let's see first how this thing is going to end up before applauding the choices that Trump makes.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Not sure how this Iranian person who was killed in the last attack is related to the embassy "attack" (what attack?), but let's see first how this thing is going to end up before applauding the choices that Trump makes.
          You trying to deny that the embassy attack ever happened?
          Now Iran knows not to attack Americans they’ll think twice now about attacking US targets directly

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

Now Iran knows not to attack Americans they’ll think twice now about attacking US targets directly
            No,

I am saying that an attack by Iranian proxies led to a retaliation a few days ago against the bases that staged such attack. So, now an additional attack against Iran is a choice which will escalate the situation. And I doubt that this "show of force" will somehow deter farther attacks. It never worked that way.

p.s. and there is also the danger of pushing Iraq more towards the Iranian arms when the US actions (which from what I was told are not coordinated with the Iraqis) are seen as violation of Iraq's sovereignty.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

No,

I am saying that an attack by Iranian proxies led to a retaliation a few days ago against the bases that staged such attack. So, now an additional attack against Iran is a choice which will escalate the situation. And I doubt that this "show of force" will somehow deter farther attacks. It never worked that way.

p.s. and there is also the danger of pushing Iraq more towards the Iranian arms when the US actions (which from what I was told are not coordinated with the Iraqis) are seen as violation of Iraq's sovereignty.
              It won’t stop Iranian attacks but they’ll get hurt bad from now on when they do

Comment

It won’t stop Iranian attacks but they’ll get hurt bad from now on when they do
                The point I make is that the latest action may actually increase Iranian attacks (and not just by Iranian-backed forces) in Iraq against the US. And in such scenario, there will be the opening of a new front in the region. So, it is too early to applaud this attack. And again, such actions may end up with Iranians actually getting more popular support in Iraq since Iraqis do not appreciate watch US forces come and bomb facilities within their country whenever they want without any coordination with the Iraqi government.

Comment

Trump-- All balls, no sack.

Comment

lol. No they won't think twice. Guarantee they respond.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

It is the only thing Iran understands . Hiding in a corner and whining,as would do Democrats,would only result in contemptuous laughter from Iran and new terrorist attacks .

Comment

Person ? You mean : terrorist ?
                        A terrorist who finally got what he deserved .

Comment

One can only hope that other reprisals will follow against this terrorist state .

Comment

Perhaps the US will target Iranian 'leaders', that might be a deterrent.

A senior Iranian military leader openly operating in Iraq is not also a violation of Iraq's sovereignty?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X