Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump 1990 interview.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump 1990 interview.

    "When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak... as being spit on by the rest of the world."
    We hunt the hunters

  • #2
    Trump has no idea what strength actually is. Desert Shield and Desert Storm happened in 1990 and 1991.

    Comment


    • #3
      He's a classic bully. He respects other bullies, like Vlad "the weak are beaten" Putin.

      Comment


      • #4
        All the critics see is admiration for authoritarian government in Trump's statement. What they won't acknowledge is the word horrible. Trump was acknowledging the truth that others won't. He was not supporting a command economy. The kind of command economy that brought down the Soviet Union. In the same interview that we get the above quote from Trump predicts what the intelligentsia failed to predict and that is that Gorbachev was too weak to hold the Soviet government together. Within a year of the interview the Soviet Union would collapse. It didn't collapse because it was horrible it collapsed because a command economy must be authoritarian.

        Today the Globalists and intellectual elite who failed to understand what Trump was pointing out in 1990 still don't understand. Trump is forcing the Chinese to ignore the lessons they learned when making their economy more capitalist. While the command economy the Bidens and Bloombergs of the world believe makes China's economy strong falters the U.S. economy is booming under the freedom that Trump has given it. In effect turning authoritarianism against the Chinese.

        Neville Chamberlain failed to understand that Hitler's weakness was not internal opposition in Germany but the very thing that made that opposition irrelevant, Hitler's strength. The Nazis command economy that looked so impressive from the outside was already faltering in 1939. Modern militaries run on their industrial strength. Industrial strength that is optimized by capitalism the kind of capitalism Trump is promoting.

        Today our intellectuals fail to understand that Chinese, Russian, and North Korean weakness is their strong leaders. The very thing that makes them strong is control. Control that makes their economies weak compared to Trump's decentralized capitalism.

        Our intellectuals seem unable to acknowledge that 50 years of trade with China has not moved China any closer to liberal democracy. The idea that a wealthy people are a liberal people is not working because the central government is stronger than ever. Trump is setting their central government strength against them by inducing them to tinker with not liberate their economy.

        All Chamberlain accomplished by trying to play the Nazis against Stalin was to force the Molotov–Ribbentrop pack. You can't overcome the lack of domestic political will by playing your enemies against each other. Our intellectuals are making the same mistake by focusing on Russia not China as the major threat. Isolating Russia is dangerous because it pushes Russia towards cooperation with China. Even if it were true that the long term threat is from Russia, which is by no means clear, containing China's unilateral economic growth that weakens U.S. hegemony is the best strategy.

        It was economic weakness at home not Germany's strength that Chamberlain should have been worried about. Economic strength that provides for the political will to maintain deterrents is the secret to Reagan's and Trump's foreign policy.

        Trump is not the authoritarian that nod goes to the Sanders, Warren's, Biden's, Bloomberg's and there globalist friends. The people that have clearly lost faith in liberal democracy such as those that are destroying Europe by backing the bureaucrat state of the EU.

        We hunt the hunters

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Trump has no idea what strength actually is. Desert Shield and Desert Storm happened in 1990 and 1991.
          Decentralized Command & Control is what made Desert Shield and Desert Storm so successful.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

          Comment


          • #6
            What are you talking about?

            That statement by itself makes no sense at all. There were many factors that contributed to the win in 1991.

            Your use of a 'maneuver warfare buzzword' is interesting.
            Last edited by Massena; 02 Jan 20, 08:02.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
              All the critics see is admiration for authoritarian government in Trump's statement. What they won't acknowledge is the word horrible. Trump was acknowledging the truth that others won't. He was not supporting a command economy. The kind of command economy that brought down the Soviet Union. In the same interview that we get the above quote from Trump predicts what the intelligentsia failed to predict and that is that Gorbachev was too weak to hold the Soviet government together. Within a year of the interview the Soviet Union would collapse. It didn't collapse because it was horrible it collapsed because a command economy must be authoritarian.

              Today the Globalists and intellectual elite who failed to understand what Trump was pointing out in 1990 still don't understand. Trump is forcing the Chinese to ignore the lessons they learned when making their economy more capitalist. While the command economy the Bidens and Bloombergs of the world believe makes China's economy strong falters the U.S. economy is booming under the freedom that Trump has given it. In effect turning authoritarianism against the Chinese.

              Neville Chamberlain failed to understand that Hitler's weakness was not internal opposition in Germany but the very thing that made that opposition irrelevant, Hitler's strength. The Nazis command economy that looked so impressive from the outside was already faltering in 1939. Modern militaries run on their industrial strength. Industrial strength that is optimized by capitalism the kind of capitalism Trump is promoting.

              Today our intellectuals fail to understand that Chinese, Russian, and North Korean weakness is their strong leaders. The very thing that makes them strong is control. Control that makes their economies weak compared to Trump's decentralized capitalism.

              Our intellectuals seem unable to acknowledge that 50 years of trade with China has not moved China any closer to liberal democracy. The idea that a wealthy people are a liberal people is not working because the central government is stronger than ever. Trump is setting their central government strength against them by inducing them to tinker with not liberate their economy.

              All Chamberlain accomplished by trying to play the Nazis against Stalin was to force the Molotov–Ribbentrop pack. You can't overcome the lack of domestic political will by playing your enemies against each other. Our intellectuals are making the same mistake by focusing on Russia not China as the major threat. Isolating Russia is dangerous because it pushes Russia towards cooperation with China. Even if it were true that the long term threat is from Russia, which is by no means clear, containing China's unilateral economic growth that weakens U.S. hegemony is the best strategy.

              It was economic weakness at home not Germany's strength that Chamberlain should have been worried about. Economic strength that provides for the political will to maintain deterrents is the secret to Reagan's and Trump's foreign policy.

              Trump is not the authoritarian that nod goes to the Sanders, Warren's, Biden's, Bloomberg's and there globalist friends. The people that have clearly lost faith in liberal democracy such as those that are destroying Europe by backing the bureaucrat state of the EU.
              Trump is an authoritarian as well as an admirer of dictators and what he considers to be 'strong men.' He isn't strong, he is weak and proves it on an almost daily basis. He's also a moral and physical coward, which he also has proven. He's a bully and a wannabe.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                He's a classic bully. He respects other bullies, like Vlad "the weak are beaten" Putin.


                You may be right that he is a bully, but I would disagree with the implied assertion that makes him unique.

                Trump isn't subtle, obama was.
                Neverthless, Obama characterizing opposition to his policies as being based in ignorance, racism or both is pretty much the same thing as what trump does, but simply using a passive voice instead.

                I can provide examples of obama's efforts to bully as well.
                That said, I don't think it is unique to either obama or trump.
                Most people in positions of power didn't achieve their success by simply trying to cooperate with everyone else, they got to the top by pushing their agenda.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                Comment


                • #9
                  From the same Playboy interview as the original quote.


                  Was it simple greed with Leona?
                  Much more than greed. She’s out of her mind. Leona Helmsley is a truly evil human being. She treated employees worse than any human being I’ve ever witnessed and I’ve dealt with some of the toughest human beings alive.

                  Trump likes the little people, the worker, the taxi driver, and he thinks they like him. Trump has the hype and chutzpah of a pimp and his ostentatious glitzy processions are like a pimp's decked out Cadillac. It's all a show about a never ending circus to sell his brand. But he is not a bully like Leona Helmsley. When he is pushed he simply applies the common sense motto that the best defense is a good offense.

                  Trump's offense more often than not is persuasion. Compared to Bush's cowboy eye for an eye and Obama's treatment of whistleblowers it's hard to see him as a bully. Compared to the Democrats now running for president and their preference for controlling socialism Trump is anti authoritarian. His belief in the man in the street extends to believing they should be masters of their own destiny. He has also shown a disdain for the pompous generals in favor of the average soldier. He understands that decorum too often is just a cover or distraction.

                  Having rubbed shoulders with the rich and powerful for decades Trump understands their veniality. A veniality he can us as a persuasion tool in negotiations. When they use false modesty he uses exaggerations. Trump understands that life is an infinity reiterated game. It's not about winning but staying one step ahead of the competition.




                  Last edited by wolfhnd; 02 Jan 20, 12:51.
                  We hunt the hunters

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Trump has no idea what strength actually is. Desert Shield and Desert Storm happened in 1990 and 1991.
                    Now you're upset that Trump had no power to read into the future? The interview was in the March 1990 Playboy. Magazines hit the stands a month before the cover date back then, which meant that interview was done in January 1990 at the latest. Kuwait was invaded Aug 2 1990
                    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                    Prayers.

                    BoRG

                    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And your point is...? You completely missed the point in my posting-typical.

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X