X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonewall_Jack
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

I'm from Michigan, and I did not know either. Never was a campaign issue nor has it been brought up in all the attacks she is getting here (including those on "Right Wing" forums).

Seems the only one who has a problem with it is you.
    Maybe not on that board but some Trumpers will single out Nessel just as they do with Ilhan Omar or Tlaib. And I dont have a problem with Nessel. I think its interesting to have a first Jewish AG, a first Catholic (insert w/e title) first Hindu, first Atheist etc.

Does the GOP have one Palestinian American congressmen or senator?

I havent heard of any democrats criticizing minorities. OTOH Trump said once "I think Islam hates us". Some on the conservative side tend to gun after minorities and now stand for giving away trillions of dollars instead of helping Americans get jobs. The democratic party has a big chance this election year to shine, it wins in diversity now needs to win in job performance.

• pamak
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

His comment made me look up comparisons of US to European living standards.
    According PEW, Europe has a lower standard of living than the US middle class.
    Again no link:

And what does this mean actually? That the average for whole Europe has lower standards than the US middle class? That is meaningless comparison. On top of that, there are living standards which are easily measurable and ones which are not easy to measure. There is much less density in North America which in turn affects living conditions like average number of square feet for properties or parking spaces and driving conditions. On the other hand, it is more difficult to quantify the more free time of the European life style. Some Americans may not even accept that not having longer working hours (and higher earnings) is a sign of having higher living standards.
    Last edited by pamak; 21 May 20, 15:43.

• Tuebor
    commented on 's reply

What does the Czech republic offer?
    Czech women.

• Cambronnne
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Sorry for your loss.

I'm looking forward to downsizing once the youngest is out of the house. Might end up moving to the Czech Republic. Mother in law will probably need some help by then.
    Ok, this fascinates me too.

Why the Czech republic?

I was there on 2005 (Brno and Prague) and found the people wonderful.
    It being winter the weather didn't seem all that attractive and I noticed that it seemed like there was still a lot of old Soviet buildings
    So the buildings were either very old (often beautiful) or new and ugly.

What does the Czech republic offer?

• Nichols
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Bow View Post

Sounds nice....close to what I had before my wife passed and I downsized to a bungalow ,on a hill and spend half the year in South of France working for a mate and delivering boats........maybe not this year....

North of YYZ
    Sorry for your loss.

I'm looking forward to downsizing once the youngest is out of the house. Might end up moving to the Czech Republic. Mother in law will probably need some help by then.

• Mountain Man
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by 82redleg View Post

Given the margins that both Cuomo and DeBlasio won by, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they had the support of the majority of voters.

I'm not sure about DeBlasio, but Cuomo has been re elected, I think twice. The excuse that the electorate didn't know is pretty thin.
    Like Bush won the faked election?

Sorry..given the current level of accepted corruption within the government at all levels, I have to disagree, and you overlook the obvious: once in office, politicians go their own way without regard for past promises.

One only has o look at people like Maxine Waters to see the extreme level of corruption, yet I imagine she promises constantly to better the lot of her constituents.

• Cambronnne
    commented on 's reply

Sounds nice....close to what I had before my wife passed and I downsized to a bungalow ,on a hill and spend half the year in South of France working for a mate and delivering boats........maybe not this year....

North of YYZ
    I'm sorry for your loss.

The boat delivery job sounds fascinating. Far more interesting than sitting in an office arguing online with others

• Cambronnne
    commented on 's reply

You must have really enjoyed the vibrant side of Buffalo, Detroit, Inner Chicago, Lower Boston. then driving down I95 and enjoying the trailer courts, broken roads or taken 77 or 79 and some of the picturesque.farms?? in N..Virg or NC, ...hell Ive seen better places in Bosnia after their civil war...but what the hell this is just Have a good life and safe travels...

North of YYZ
    I agree completely, the slums of those (dem controlled cities) are awful, but they hardly are representative of the rest of the nation.

I think Canada is beautiful, but most of the homes I've seen seem to be quite a bit smaller than what tend to be typical middle class homes in the US.
    "Vibrant side of Buffalo" actually made me laugh. It is one of the most depressing "tourist attractions" I've ever seen Especially when compared to the canadian side . But the Canadian side isn't representative of the rest of canada either.

• ljadw
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
    There is this,

Tlaib: I wish Dana Nessel were running for president

https://www.michiganadvance.com/blog...for-president/

For the few Trumpsters that love Israel and bemoan Islam or Palestinians ...that must sting.. The Democratic party is today supported by the majority of Jews, and holds the most Jewish and Muslim politicians just as the OP would show.
    Jewish is the person who considers himself as Jewish, not the person called Jew by his opponents .
    Barry Goldwater did not consider himself as Jewish, neither did Marx,Trotzky, neither does Soros .

• DingBat
    commented on 's reply
    Exxon Sued Again for 'Misleading' Advertising

• Bow
    commented on 's reply

Well, I’ve been to canada a number of times and while I always enjoyed it, I never felt that their standard of living was better.
    I actually felt the reverse.
    Except around Niagara. The US side is depressing the Canadian side is lively and vibrant.
    You must have really enjoyed the vibrant side of Buffalo, Detroit, Inner Chicago, Lower Boston. then driving down I95 and enjoying the trailer courts, broken roads or taken 77 or 79 and some of the picturesque.farms?? in N..Virg or NC, ...hell Ive seen better places in Bosnia after their civil war...but what the hell this is just Have a good life and safe travels...

North of YYZ

• Massena
    commented on 's reply
    There is a suggestion that the 'visit' might be 'a little tense.' That might be an understatement...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

When Donald Trump tours Ford Motor Co.’s ventilator facility Thursday, there are more than a few ways the visit could get awkward.

Will he adhere to the automaker’s requirement that everyone wear a mask at its facilities at all times? Will he keep up his feuds with Michigan’s governor? And might he even give a bit of grief to the American carmaker, as he has so often since 2016?

Trump has been non-committal on the first question, saying earlier this week he may wear a mask depending on the situation and his surroundings. His tweets suggests there’s a distinct possibility Governor Gretchen Whitmer — who is on the short list to be Joe Biden’s running mate -- may come under fresh attack. And Ford has issued a series of statements suggesting it’s ready for the 2020 campaign to be over already.

• Bow
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Close.....

Not a split ranch..5 bedrooms on the second floor, 1st floor living space, basement finished.

Have 3 kids but one of them moved out when she went to college....now she lives in Spain.

3 cars in the driveway...no. 4 cars, I drive a 2004 Volvo wagon, wife drives a 2018 Mazda, 18 year old drives a 2020 Toyota and the 16 year old drives a 2012 Hyundai.

This is pretty much how it is with everyone in this neighborhood.

North of YYZ
    Last edited by Bow; 21 May 20, 09:52.

• Cambronnne
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Rojik View Post
    Matters not. Biden is a lump. Carter mkII. Swapping the insane for the infirm is like swapping deck chairs on the titanic.

So from your perspective, are there concerns about Biden's mental state?

I see clips of him behaving oddly from time to time, but recognize my bias might be affecting how I interpret his actions.

Is there concern on the left about Biden's mind?
    I am assuming that you are not a trump supporter so your perspective on Biden would be less affected by bias than mine.

• BorderRuffian
    commented on 's reply
    There were polls showing Mondole leading Reagan back in the summer of '84. But come election time Mondole was swamped. He won only his home state and DC and was defeated in the electoral college by 525-13. Reagan won the popular vote by a 60-40 margin.

By November, Demos will be scrambling to hold on to blue states.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X