X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massena
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    What does that have to do with the president?
    It stated in the article that 'Neither officer mentioned President Donald Trump.'

Does that answer your question?

• 17thfabn
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Massena View Post

"That threat is not going away any time soon," Admiral Michael Gilday, chief of naval operations, told a small group of reporters. "Nobody has a crystal ball."

That was underscored by General David Berger, commandant of the Marine Corps. "Clearly we have learned a hell of a lot from the last three, four months that we are going to apply should that happen," Berger said. "We will be prepared for it."

Neither officer mentioned President Donald Trump. But their comments came as the President has been [URL="https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/21/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-washington/index.html"]pushing states to reopen[

despite the fact the US has the highest death toll in the world with more than 93,000 people losing their lives to the virus as of Thursday afternoon.
    I see an article where the leaders of the USN and USMC state they are planing to deal with the current COVID-19 outbreak and future resurgence. As they should. What does that have to do with the president?

The article states the US has the highest death toll from COVID-19. Does ANY ONE trust China's numbers? It is not a conspiracy theory to not trust Communist China.

• Mountain Man
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by 82redleg View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sure, and by re-electing the trash, the NY electorate has validated his behavior. They get what they chose.
    Circular argument. If all you are offered re crap choices, then you elect crap. Remember all of Obama;s election promises?

These days, the public has no real choice at all. It's all rotten and corrupt, or hopelessly corrupt and compromised. We are waaay past the point where we can blame the long-suffering public for the failure of our government, a government which works tirelessly to enrich itself, entrench itself and perpetuate itself. Meanwhile, the average, beaten down and over-taxed citizen, has only one real goal left in life - to get through it as best he can.

Frankly, in some ways I am sorry the pandemic wasn't far more lethal. We might have been able to finally clean house. Washington, DC, especially, would benefit greatly from a Biblical plague.

Meanwhile, we already have numerous regulatory agencies at state and Federal levels overlooking the operations of long=term care centers. Adding more and more layers of corrupt bureaucracy will solve nothing. Arresting and imprisoning those who abuse LTC residents, however, will go a very long way towards bringing about change.

• Bow
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

His comment made me look up comparisons of US to European living standards.
    According PEW, Europe has a lower standard of living than the US middle class.
    All I have to say is that growing up in the UK after the war (WW2) I never saw food stamps after 1946 or 1948 and as for food line ups I never saw anything like the thousands you have lined up at differant places in the US for free food while farmers pour milkdown the drain...great way to show your so called "High Standards"..... I do remember getting a couple of candy bars with "USA"..

North of YYZ

• 82redleg
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Like Bush won the faked election?
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sorry..given the current level of accepted corruption within the government at all levels, I have to disagree, and you overlook the obvious: once in office, politicians go their own way without regard for past promises.
    Sure, and by re-electing the trash, the NY electorate has validated his behavior. They get what they chose.

• Cambronnne
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

No problem.

All 3 kids speak, read, and write Czech. It is a beautiful country outside of the tourist attractions.
    I didn't see a lot of it, but the most surprising sight I saw was in Brno.
    I got to my hotel late so wasn't able to see what was in the area. Anyway, it was quite a shock when I opened my curtains the next morning and saw the enormous cooling towers of the nuclear power plant so close to the center of town.

Still, I loved the place

• BorderRuffian
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    The Chief of Naval Operations and the Commandant of the Marine Corps weigh in on a possible reoccurance of the coronavirus....Admiral Michael Gilday.....General David Berger
    I thought you only listened to doctors and scientists....

US has the highest death toll in the world with more than 93,000 people losing their lives to the virus as of Thursday afternoon.
    Glad it's not 930,000 which is what it would be if Hildebeast were Prez.

• Nichols
    commented on 's reply

Thank you and I hope you don't mind my prying.

You are the first and only person I've ever heard they are thinking of moving there and I was curious.
    No problem.

All 3 kids speak, read, and write Czech. It is a beautiful country outside of the tourist attractions.

• Cambronnne
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post

My wife worked at the American Embassy when I was stationed there. We married about 3 years after I left. We have family and a lot of friends over there.

Thank you and I hope you don't mind my prying.

You are the first and only person I've ever heard they are thinking of moving there and I was curious.

• Nichols
    commented on 's reply

Ok, this fascinates me too.

Why the Czech republic?
    My wife worked at the American Embassy when I was stationed there. We married about 3 years after I left. We have family and a lot of friends over there.

• Half Pint John
    commented on 's reply
    A true WTF!

• Massena
    commented on 's reply
    Like I said before (more than once): Trump is definitely stupid:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    Every day a new thing comes out of Donald Trump’s mouth that is so unbelievably awful that it would cause an unthinkable scandal and embarrassment for literally any other leader. For us in these ridiculous times, however, “unthinkable” is just another Thursday. But the latest nonsense from our Chief Executive is a recipe for word salad that really deserves some scrutiny.
    When crowing about his decision to (maybe) take hydroxychloroquine
    with reporters, Trump made the following baffling statement:

Trump on not having the coronavirus: "And I tested very positively in another sense. So this morning. I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

Just … what? WHAT?

Reading this felt like reading a parody, and a badly written one at that! But the video is worse because it’s even more smug and narcissistic than just the pulled quote.

• Stonewall_Jack
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Nessel has troubles sometimes in that she thinks SHE is the governor. She also does not wear a mask herself.

NO! It is not! A) Whitmer walked back the face mask issue even when she still had legal authority to do so, and it became only "strongly recommended." Her Powers ended at 11:59 pm on April 30th. She is currently operating extra-legally, and the powers that be (Sheriffs, judges, municipalities, etc) have either come out and declared they would not enforce her decrees, or quietly ignore them.

Secondly, who in the State Police would follow her directions and try to arrest the President of the United States or forcibly bar him? Nessel is another moron who will probably be a one termer.

Every place has policies in place requiring etc etc. No one here is following it. In many cases in that plant it would not be safe or reasonable to wear masks. Doubt much if the virus would survive long in Die Cast anyhow.
    Trump thinks hes very good looking, young and strong his own words.

Well Whitmer and Nessel are attractive IMO.

Trump ought put on that mask

• Stonewall_Jack
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Jewish is the person who considers himself as Jewish, not the person called Jew by his opponents .
    Barry Goldwater did not consider himself as Jewish, neither did Marx,Trotzky, neither does Soros .
    Nessel identifies as Jewish. She like the great vast majority of American Jews support working with Palestinian folks...and are democrats. All this talk about Israel and how democrats are against Jews is trotted out by Trump and his ilk...its not true. Even at some of the recent press conferences Trump was complaining about how democrats treat Jews...its all hype and misinformation and American Jews dont buy it, you or I should not buy it.

https://www.heyalma.com/lesbian-jewi...y-in-michigan/

Dont have the info on the folks you speak of above, this threads about AG Nessel and I do have info on her

How Judaism inspires the first openly gay politician in Michigan state office

Setting up a hate crimes division, fighting for LGBTQ rights and helping immigrants, Dana Nessel says she stands up for people like her grandparents who fled the Holocaust

Dana Nessel says the election of Donald Trump moved her to run for office.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/how-ju...-state-office/

• Massena
    replied
    The Chief of Naval Operations and the Commandant of the Marine Corps weigh in on a possible reoccurance of the coronavirus:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/polit...ing/index.html

Two of the US military's most senior leaders issued a stark warning Thursday that the threat from the coronavirus is still high and stressed they are preparing for a possible second wave.

"That threat is not going away any time soon," Admiral Michael Gilday, chief of naval operations, told a small group of reporters. "Nobody has a crystal ball."

That was underscored by General David Berger, commandant of the Marine Corps. "Clearly we have learned a hell of a lot from the last three, four months that we are going to apply should that happen," Berger said. "We will be prepared for it."

Neither officer mentioned President Donald Trump. But their comments came as the President has been pushing states to reopen and on Wednesday said the government had done "amazingly well," despite the fact the US has the highest death toll in the world with more than 93,000 people losing their lives to the virus as of Thursday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X