X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marktwain
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This post is an embarrassment to every member of this forum, and a clear indication of how low our standards have sunk.
    Actually, Slick _Meister is stating what many of us are too polite, or restrained to say- but definitely agree with.
    One hopes that 2020 brings a REDUCTION OF THE IRRITANT AND INVECTIVE POSTINgS.

Leave a comment:

• Rutger
    replied
    Originally posted by ljadw View Post

It has been stated with a lot of indignation that the terrorist could not be a muslim ,that he was mentally ill . The reason is obvious : because Muslims can not be terrorists .
    Ah, there you go again.
    Once again twisting words into something that was never said. It's also called putting words into someone's mouth.

So once again:
    Can you show me who in this thread claims "Converts to the Islam do not represent any danger"?

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Praise from Caesar. Since when have you ever been a model of decorum?

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    New York City is one of the most diverse places in the world. Functioning in this environment is difficult if you are overtly hostile to "diversity" . International finance also makes it essential that people of different ethnicities can cooperate. It also has a history of failed integration especially as it relates to the Irish. In some ways it is example of how not to integrate with historical Irish, black, Jewish, etc. enclaves. Self segregation is still segregation.

I would argue that as it relates to thread self segregation is necessary to some extent to maintain a robust ethnic identity. The only thing that seems deadly to long term ethnic identity is intermarriage. In the past Catholics married Catholics and Jews married Jews, etc. etc. It would seem the only way to completely end Anti-Semitism is to end Semitism.
    [Need shrug shoulders smilie] Italians, German Jews, Eastern European Jews have -- by and large -- fully assimilated as Americans. Irish Catholics . . . . Not so much. Long and nasty give-and-take history between Nativist Know-Nothings and Shanty Irish. No one comes out smelling like a rose, know what I mean.

My ancestors, they knew only three things: stealin', fightin', and fckin'. That's it. That's why my woodpile boasts a French criminal banished to Quebec who married a Huron squaw, as well as Cossacks who had to tear ass away from Bolsheviks. Not a one of us gets along with the others, regardless of religion or nationality -- except to make money or sire more children. In this earthly realm, hoping for more is probably just too much to ask for.....

Before WW2, Kings Co NY -- aka Brooklyn -- was the US' most integrated county. By 1970, Brooklyn was the most segregated. Wish I could remember the guy's name, but one of the featured experts on the Burns Bros' doc of New York highlighted one of FDR's New Deal programs, and it ultimately served to "red line" large chunks of NYC -- just as it did Detroit and other cities. Poorly thought out policy, and we paid for it, down the road.

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    Maybe what we should be more concerned with is enforcing the law than trying to engineer perfect human beings. Perfect of course being highly subjective. All the laws we need are already in place to end most discrimination. Since years of social engineering by the government such as head start etc. have proven to be overt failures perhaps we should leave it to social censure to deal with the remaining discrimination. Unfortunately the church of equity, diversity and inclusion is an obstacle. Any religion that relies on immutable characteristics for it's underlying dogma is not liberal.

Liberal democracy is all about competition. We would like the competition to be between individuals but individual competition will always lead to group differences. What we have to do is find a way for people to live together peacefully focused on opportunity not outcomes. In the past we called it the American way.
    You're probably right: statute law and executive fiat can not engender the perfect man. We'll have to settle for good enough. Besides, a little competition helps bring out the best in people; that I firmly believe. I would like to see some of the rougher edges smoothed out a little. The "achievement gap" is something in desperate need of proper address, and 'most every initiative to date has been a failure. But the innate quality of a man, all else being equal, is roughly the same across the races and nationalities. That's been proven amply. Any who is willing to respect my privacy, and not interfere with my pursuit of my interests, is more than welcome to be my neighbor -- regardless of the minutia of his background. The rest I'm just too busy to care about.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    New York City is one of the most diverse places in the world. Functioning in this environment is difficult if you are overtly hostile to "diversity" . International finance also makes it essential that people of different ethnicities can cooperate. It also has a history of failed integration especially as it relates to the Irish. In some ways it is example of how not to integrate with historical Irish, black, Jewish, etc. enclaves. Self segregation is still segregation.

I would argue that as it relates to thread self segregation is necessary to some extent to maintain a robust ethnic identity. The only thing that seems deadly to long term ethnic identity is intermarriage. In the past Catholics married Catholics and Jews married Jews, etc. etc. It would seem the only way to completely end Anti-Semitism is to end Semitism.

Maybe what we should be more concerned with is enforcing the law than trying to engineer perfect human beings. Perfect of course being highly subjective. All the laws we need are already in place to end most discrimination. Since years of social engineering by the government such as head start etc. have proven to be overt failures perhaps we should leave it to social censure to deal with the remaining discrimination. Unfortunately the church of equity, diversity and inclusion is an obstacle. Any religion that relies on immutable characteristics for it's underlying dogma is not liberal.

Liberal democracy is all about competition. We would like the competition to be between individuals but individual competition will always lead to group differences. What we have to do is find a way for people to live together peacefully focused on opportunity not outcomes. In the past we called it the American way.

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied

I have given the link ,which is Jihad Watch and the title . Most articles at JW are written by Robert Sencer himself .The day is today 30 December .
    In which post number did you provide this link? Not a one I've seen -- nor anyone else. That makes you a straight-up liar -- plain and simple. No doubt your equilibrium's been upset by the fact that your woman left you for a Negro..... You know, someone whose packing more than just crappola in his pants.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied

This post is an embarrassment to every member of this forum, and a clear indication of how low our standards have sunk.
    What standards were you abiding by when you threatened to get on a rooftop and kill people if Obama passed a law you didn't like?

What standards were you abiding by when you proclaimed that black kids would ruin white schools?

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    Originally posted by Rutger View Post

Oh dear.
    Deflecting again, finalizing with a claim that no one here actually made..

Can you show me who claims "Converts to the Islam do not represent any danger"?
    It has been stated with a lot of indignation that the terrorist could not be a muslim ,that he was mentally ill . The reason is obvious : because Muslims can not be terrorists .

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied

Which article? Whose the author? What's the date/byline? Link?
    I have given the link ,which is Jihad Watch and the title . Most articles at JW are written by Robert Sencer himself .The day is today 30 December .

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied

Praise from Caesar. Since when have you ever been a model of decorum?

Leave a comment:

• Rutger
    replied
    https://ctc.usma.edu/terrorist-attac...can-attackers/

Abstract:
    The time period of 2012-2019 has seen a number of deadly terrorist attacks and plots against Jews and Jewish targets in both in Europe and the United States. However, in spite of the parallel rise in this deadly anti-Semitic violence on both sides of the Atlantic (compared to the decade 2001-2011), the sources of much of the violence have been from jihadis in Europe and individuals motivated by extreme right-wing (XRW) ideologies in the United States. While determining causality of terrorist violence is never simple, through the analysis and comparison of key jihadi and extreme-right cases, some common threads have emerged that provide insight that may help explain the two phenomena, on both sides of the Atlantic. What may be the most striking findings from this case study analysis are that first, Europe has become the focal point of the jihadi terror threat to Jews in the West and second, the United States has become a new, emerging focal point of the extreme right-wing terror threat to Jews in the West.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

You're a stone-cold fcking liar. Go back to post #33 -- which you then reproduced en toto in your post #36. Now where's your link from this "Robert Spencer"? I see no link. You've dropped his name (posts 39-40) but produced no article written by him, published in any website or publication throughout the known world. . . . .

More garbage -- from garbage patron's saint. How much toilet paper does it take to wipe your mouth?

Leave a comment:

• slick_miester
    replied
    Jihad Watch : highly credible law-enforcement source said man who stabbed Jews celebrating Chanukah is convert to Islam .
    Which article? Whose the author? What's the date/byline? Link?

Leave a comment:

• Rutger
    replied
    From the establishment JSTOR
    Counter terrorism trends and Analyses November 2013 ( by Scott Flower )
    There were in the US between 2001 and 2013 61 Islamists terrore plots where were involved 75 converts and 90 born Muslims .
    In Britain converts were involved in 23 % of Jihadist -related attacks, although they represent only 2,3 % of the number of Muslims in Britain .
    Thus ,those who still claim that converts to the Islam do not represent any danger, are wrong .
    Oh dear.
    Deflecting again, finalizing with a claim that no one here actually made..

Can you show me who claims "Converts to the Islam do not represent any danger"?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Shall we start holding everything Trump was rumored to have said and done against him as well? Or, can we admit that rumors are often pure bs.
    Doesn't matter, because on this forum, any inconvenient truth will be treated as a lie by the radical element among us.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X