This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    A quick google reveals that the suspect, Grafton Thomas, is a recent Muslim convert and that he has a past history of petty crime. That sort of profile is not unusual amongst home grown Islamic terrorists.
    Earlier in this thread I produced a link from the New York Post, a daily which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp -- and they did not identify Grafton Thomas as a recent convert to Islam, but as a member of a Christian congregation in Upstate New York. Now if a Murdoch organ did not identify this perp as a Muslim, then logic dictates that any organ's attempt to identify this perp as a Muslim be viewed rather skeptically.

Or are we suggesting that the people who brought us Fox News Channel are actually purveyors of "fake news"?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Earlier in this thread I produced a link from the New York Post, a daily which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp -- and they did not identify Grafton Thomas as a recent convert to Islam, but as a member of a Christian congregation in Upstate New York. Now if a Murdoch organ did not identify this perp as a Muslim, then logic dictates that any organ's attempt to identify this perp as a Muslim be viewed rather skeptically.

Or are we suggesting that the people who brought us Fox News Channel are actually purveyors of "fake news"?
      Timing more than fake news possibly.
      Given the above posts I googled 'Grafton Thomas Muslim' and got a number of hits saying that he was a recent Muslim convert with a petty crime background. As I said above that is a similar background to other Islamic terrorists. Same background as the Shoe bomber and the terrorist who beheaded the soldier in London. Thus seems very plausible that it is Thomas's background too.
      "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Are you suggesting that his religion matters? Once you accept that it matters you confirm the anti Muslim narrative. The so what argument is equally weak because history tells us it is relevant.

In Grafton Thomas's case it seems likely be just another crazy misanthrope. That really doesn't matter because the case highlights the fakeness in fake news is largely what isn't highlighted in the news. None are more guilty of fostering "conspiracy theories" than the media that prints only the news the deplorable masses can handle .
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

Timing more than fake news possibly.
          Given the above posts I googled 'Grafton Thomas Muslim' and got a number of hits saying that he was a recent Muslim convert with a petty crime background. As I said above that is a similar background to other Islamic terrorists. Same background as the Shoe bomber and the terrorist who beheaded the soldier in London. Thus seems very plausible that it is Thomas's background too.
          I'm still waiting for any remotely-reputable news outlet -- including a News Corp outlet -- to come out and say that this perp is a Muslim.

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Are you suggesting that his religion matters? Once you accept that it matters you confirm the anti Muslim narrative. The so what argument is equally weak because history tells us it is relevant.
          It doesn't matter to me at all -- except inasmuch as those who'd promote a blanket ban on all Muslims would seek to use this incident to justify their policy stance. The fact that there exists within our midst no small number who desire the formulation and enactment of a clearly bigoted policy is something you've rather overlooked. Consequently, your omission renders your observation moot.

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          In Grafton Thomas's case it seems likely be just another crazy misanthrope. That really doesn't matter because the case highlights the fakeness in fake news is largely what isn't highlighted in the news. None are more guilty of fostering "conspiracy theories" than the media that prints only the news the deplorable masses can handle .
          EO 9066 has been discussed on these boards multiple times. If this perp is a Muslim, that fact serves as ammunition for the "kick the Muzzies out" crowd.

You're familiar some figures in the "kick the sand-ni&&ers out" crowd, aren't you?
          Last edited by slick_miester; 30 Dec 19, 11:59.

Comment

Given the number of black muslims, those here who are scared to death of any and all black muslims should have been killed long ago if black muslims really are the threat that they think black muslims are.

Converted fanatics have been around ever since mankind invented religion. It's not like they've never existed before.
            "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

I'm still waiting for any remotely-reputable news outlet -- including a News Corp outlet -- to come out and say that this perp is a Muslim.

It doesn't matter to me at all -- except inasmuch as those who'd promote a blanket ban on all Muslims would seek to use this incident to justify their policy stance. The fact that there exists within our midst no small number who desire the formulation and enactment of a clearly bigoted policy is something you've rather overlooked. Consequently, your omission renders your observation moot.

EO 9066 has been discussed on these boards multiple times. If this perp is a Muslim, that fact serves as ammunition for the "kick the Muzzies out" crowd.

You're familiar some figures in the "kick the sand-ni&&ers out" crowd, aren't you?
              Meritocratic, measured, diverse, and integration renders your argument moot :-)

The rather odd way people define discrimination these days is problematic. You can't simplify the problem by applying a composition/division fallacy. Even more dangerous is the genetic fallacy that every thing a "Nazi" says must be false. We can do better than that.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Meir Kehane spoke at my high school when I was a student there. He was an avowed genocidal maniac. Made me shiver. At least two governments agreed with me: his organizations have been characterized as terrorist organizations many years ago by both the Israeli and US governments. My only regret is that he wasn't whacked years earlier, preferably back in Israel, rather than in Brooklyn.

Have you any actual evidence to support that already debunked claim, or are you peddling sht once again?
                Debunked by whom ?

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Debunked by whom ?
                  Debunked by any creature possessed of basic literacy -- and that don't include you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Well for the controversy associated with folks like Rev Sharpton, the same can be said for NYC Rabbis of the 1980s such as Meir Kahane. Both Sharpton and Kahane were men of controversy, but they also had some good thoughts in their head. What any Democrat or Republican that claims to care about the USA needs to do is support equality among man. Bottom line is that as we both know, the state of NY when it comes to Ethnic or religious groups such as the Jews, Blacks Micks, Italians ...we got good and bad in each group. But right now in the USA, the USA is the strongest country in the world and one of the safest for minorities.

Whats amazing about this discussion and others is how some conservatives like iljadw now complain that the democratic party is anti Semitic, yet in other discussions the conservatives claim the democratic party is anti men, anti gun rights, anti Christian...hmmmm thats odd how can the democratic party be anti Christian and anti Semitic considering most democrats are Christians, and that the vast majority of American Jews vote a blue line? And that leading democrats are huge supporters of Israel including Schumer and Schiff.

Thats the problem with some GOP, they can not stand on one position, either they view democrats as being anti Christian and in favor of giving minorities to many rights, or they say that the democrats are the party of the racists.

Its totally fine IMO to criticize the democratic or GOP party, but the polarization on both sides create division. In going forward The POTUS most off all needs to step it up....some GOP complain about low level democrats like Rep Omar...well Trump has never apologized for his bigoted remarks and he may never apologize...hope is that at least Trump can be a good leader for all Americans in going forward.
                    To talk about American Jews is antisemitism : there are no American Jews,but Jewish Americans .
                    Hitler talked about German Jews, not about Jewish Germans, he denied them the right to be German,as you deny them the right to be American.

Comment

Debunked by any creature possessed of basic literacy -- and that don't include you.
                      As I expected : no valid answer .

Comment

As I expected : no valid answer .
                        You read like old people fck, you know that. I've already linked to an article from yesterday's New York Post, and I furnished a link and photos of the house of worship mentioned in said article -- which you then proceeded to quote! How did you miss that? Too busy looking under your bed for Muzzies again?

This is not the first time that you've intentionally advanced tin-foil hat conspiracy theory about an incident in New York. Since you've clearly established a pattern -- of advancing clear and obvious bullsht as fact -- then the onus falls upon you! For the second time: have you any remotely credible source that maintains that the perp is any kind of Muslim? If not, then just shut your lying piehole already, and keep it shut.

Mods, this falls on you: I've begging for months for the iggy function to be restored. More recently I've asked that this clear and obvious purveyor of mendacity be banned. I've been more than reasonable. I can't be held responsible for the abuse that that piece of sht invites with his every keystroke.

Comment

From the establishment JSTOR
                          Counter terrorism trends and Analyses November 2013 ( by Scott Flower )
                          There were in the US between 2001 and 2013 61 Islamists terrore plots where were involved 75 converts and 90 born Muslims .
                          In Britain converts were involved in 23 % of Jihadist -related attacks, although they represent only 2,3 % of the number of Muslims in Britain .
                          Thus ,those who still claim that converts to the Islam do not represent any danger, are wrong .

Comment

You read like old people fck, you know that. I've already linked to an article from yesterday's New York Post, and I furnished a link and photos of the house of worship mentioned in said article -- which you then proceeded to quote! How did you miss that? Too busy looking under your bed for Muzzies again?

This is not the first time that you've intentionally advanced tin-foil hat conspiracy theory about an incident in New York. Since you've clearly established a pattern -- of advancing clear and obvious bullsht as fact -- then the onus falls upon you! For the second time: have you any remotely credible source that maintains that the perp is any kind of Muslim? If not, then just shut your lying piehole already, and keep it shut.

Mods, this falls on you: I've begging for months for the iggy function to be restored. More recently I've asked that this clear and obvious purveyor of mendacity be banned. I've been more than reasonable. I can't be held responsible for the abuse that that piece of sht invites with his every keystroke.
                            You have given no proof that the terrorist is not a Muslim, photos ( from when ? ) do not debunk the claim that he is a muslim .
                            The claim from Robert Spencer is that he is a recent Muslim convert . And the source from Spencer is a high ranked police officer,who prefers to remain anonymus, because, as you should know, if what he said is true, that means the end of his career . The Islam lobby in NY would never forgive him .

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Robert Spencer is a right-wing fanatic and professed anti-Moslem author; and if you pay attention to him or follow him what does that make you?

He's one of those people who makes up what they don't know and they feed their followers with fear of the unknown, in this case Moslems.

What of the attacks on innocents by white supremacists? And the attacks on other Jewish people by those who believe in anti-Semitism?
                              Someone who attacks Jewish Americans does this because they are Jewish ,and is thus an antisemite . Why should an AA attack Jewish Americans? Because he is an anti semite . And as the biggest AA enemies of everything that is Jewish, are Muslims, the conclusion that the terrorist is Muslim is very valid .

Comment

You have any proof that he was a black conservative ? And do you have any proof that being a black conservative means not being a black Muslim ?
                                That the majority of AA are not Muslims,is irrelevant, as the majority of AA do not commit attacks against Jews . Black Muslims are hostile to Jews, not only to Israel, thus it is logical to assume that if a AA attacks Jews, he is also a Muslim .
                                Do you have any proof that he was Muslim. I'm just basing my opinion off of statistical averages. That said, there's a higher chance he was conservative Christian than Muslim. It's very possible that he is Muslim, but that would be a statistical anomaly in the US.
                                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X