The Idea of Civility in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

"Ironically" Trump enforces immigration laws as he is tasked by the Constitution.....and the border cities become safer......

Good point.
    El Paso did not enter the list of the safest cities during the Trump administration.

Not to mention that last time I checked Obama actually deported more illegal immigrants than Trump during the first three years of the administration.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Like Ferguson where the police officer was attacked by a Black that had just shoplifted a store? Turned out the police officer was doing his job correctly and the Black was just a thug of a criminal. Lots of riots and Obama saying stuff about checking the police...

Or, Baltimore with Freddy Grey. Same thing. The prosecution of the four officers involved (one being Black too) went nowhere as they were doing their jobs correctly.

Or, how the administration didn't hold accountable New Black Panther members practicing voter intimidation or do anything about the "Knockout Game," at least until a mentally ill White guy in Houston tried it...

Or, maybe Obama's "Beer summit" to try and smooth over his aw $h!+ for denouncing a white officer doing his job...

And, this is Trump's fault? He's barely said anything on the subject outside a few comments about Charlottesville.

One instance does not make a statistically measurable account. Most, well, almost all mass shootings lately have been at schools or churches.

What does this have to do with anything?

Like the police officer who choked the "I cannot breathe" black and I think it was that episode which created the BLM movement. And one such instance can be enough to trigger hundreds of "race riots" as you call it (in fact many demonstrations included non-blacks too) across the nation. Who know how many "race riots" we would have seen had the jury acquitted the female cop who killed the black person in his home?

No, he simply laughed together with his followers and brush off the remark as a joke.

The statistics about El Paso has to do with the complexities of reality that people who buy TRump's sound bites about the "invasion" cannot comprehend.
      Last edited by pamak; 01 Jan 20, 21:49.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

Like the police officer who choked the "I cannot breathe" black and I think it was that episode which created the BLM movement. And one such instance can be enough to trigger hundreds of "race riots" as you call it (in fact many demonstrations included nonwhites too) across the nation. Who know how many "race riots" we would have seen had the jury acquitted the female cop who killed the black person in his home?
        One right doesn't correct a dozen wrongs. With Obama, he sided against the cops regularly. That was a big part of the problem, and it was an ongoing one.

The statistics about El Paso has to do with the complexities of reality that people who buy TRump's sound bites about the "invasion" cannot comprehend.
        Okay, what does the crime rate in El Paso have to do with the crime rate by illegals there or elsewhere? Unless you can show that the crime rate by illegals is particularly low there you got nothing. The statistics you show don't tell us anything about the crime rate by illegals there or elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

El Paso did not enter the list of the safest cities during the Trump administration.
          Read your link to understand what has been going on in the past 3 years.

Try again.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Read your link to understand what has been going on in the past 3 years.

Try again.
            You are not going to change the facts just because you do not like them.

El Paso has consistently been among the safest cities, and you can find articles from Obama's era about it.

Two of the numerous examples you can easily find with google. Both during Obama's presidency

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2010..._2011-2011.pdf

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/02...r-crime-rates/

Meanwhile, the violent crime in El Paso, the most populous border town, has dropped from 457 crimes for every 100,000 residents in 2009 to 393 in 2014. For years, the West Texas city has been declared the safest of its size, according to Congressional Quarterly.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

One right doesn't correct a dozen wrongs. With Obama, he sided against the cops regularly. That was a big part of the problem, and it was an ongoing one.

But if you think that Obama's words had consequences then stay honest with the claim and apply it also to Trump's comments when he consistently depicted the illegal Mexicans as an army of invasion coming to rape us. So, you cannot link JUST the higher number of BLM protests in the Obama era to his words about Travin without also linking the higher number of mass shootings and hate crimes in Trump's era to Trump's words about the Mexicans.

Okay, what does the crime rate in El Paso have to do with the crime rate by illegals there or elsewhere? Unless you can show that the crime rate by illegals is particularly low there you got nothing. The statistics you show don't tell us anything about the crime rate by illegals there or elsewhere.

The statistics show that the whole Trump rhetoric of being afraid because of the illegal "invasion" is based on exaggerations designed to stir passion while border communities in general (and not just El Paso) which are on the path of this "invasion" do not show pillage and rapes which should have accompanied such "invasion". From the link I posted above...

State and federal crime data backs those claims: Violent crime rates have remained the same or dropped in many border cities in the last five years for which data is available

And something else, regardless of what you think about the criminal aspect of Martin's shooting, the racial profiling of Travor Martin which paved the way for Martin's death was wrong, and Obama's remarks were on spot to highlight THIS wrong!
              Last edited by pamak; 01 Jan 20, 16:32.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X