Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More on Gallagher the War Criminal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More on Gallagher the War Criminal

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/27/polit...ews/index.html

    Members of SEAL Team 7 Alpha Platoon described their platoon leader, retired Special Operations Chief Eddie Gallagher, as "toxic" and "evil," according to video recordings of the interviews obtained by The New York Times.

    Gallagher's war crimes case gained national attention after President Donald Trump controversially intervened on his behalf, ignoring Pentagon leaders who had told the President such a move could damage the integrity of the military judicial system.

    "The guy is freaking evil," Special Operator First Class Craig Miller said of Gallagher during his interview with Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents, the Times reported.

    "You could tell he was perfectly O.K. with killing anybody that was moving," Special Operator First Class Corey Scott said of his former platoon leader, the newspaper reported.
    "The guy was toxic," Special Operator First Class Joshua Vriens told investigators, the report said.
    In the videos obtained by the Times, the platoon members accuse Gallagher of shooting at a 12-year-old, refer to Gallagher as a "psychopath," and tell of rumors that Gallagher had targeted civilians.
    The video interviews were included in a hoard of Navy investigative materials the Times received about the prosecution of Gallagher, who was accused of war crimes. They provide rare insight into the elite force with a code of silence -- and into the men of Alpha Platoon, SEAL Team 7 who have never spoken publicly about the case against their former platoon leader. The SEALs declined to comment to the Times.


  • #2
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/29/opini...rby/index.html

    In a
    Washington Post
    opinion piece, Richard Spencer -- the recently-fired Secretary of the Navy -- describes in stunning detail the degree to which President Trump involved himself in the case of Eddie Gallagher, a Navy SEAL acquitted of murdering an ISIS captive but convicted of
    posing for a photo
    with the boy's corpse.


    It's a troubling account of what Spencer calls "shocking and unprecedented interference" by the Commander-in-Chief. But that's not the line that grabbed my attention. What set me to thinking was something he writes near the end: "We must now move on and learn from what has transpired."

    Spencer does not identify the "we," nor does he really offer any lessons learned. He mentions the need to have faith in our "extensive screening procedures" and asks our allies to be patient with us. But there is little prescription for the civil-military malady he diagnoses.
    I wonder if part of the problem is that "we" -- as a nation -- haven't fully come to grips with the effects of fighting terrorists overseas for the last 20 years. I wonder if, perhaps, we have forgotten who we are in the process.

    I believe it has become too easy for some people to believe the military is beyond reproach. And I'm not just talking about civilians who never served and may feel a little unqualified -- perhaps even guilty -- about harboring critical views of the military, or those who serve. I'm talking about a small number of veterans who seem to think they belong to a privileged class of citizenry. They do not.

    Comment


    • #3
      CNN quoting opinion garbage from NYT & WaPo....classic.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

      Comment


      • #4
        On a positive note, he has a really attractive wife
        Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
        Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
        Barbarossa Derailed I & II
        Battle of Kalinin October 1941

        Comment


        • #5
          Perhaps this will be familiar to you:

          https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/27/opini...nio/index.html

          While millions of Americans have been enjoying the holiday season, President Donald Trump has indulged in nasty name-calling aimed at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and has been whining like a 4-year-old who didn't get the toy he wanted.
          On Tuesday, Trump tweeted, "Why should Crazy Nancy Pelosi, just because she has a slight majority in the House, be allowed to Impeach the President of the United States?"


          On Wednesday, the President retweeted a link to an article that includes a name for the purported whistleblower, whose identity has not been confirmed.

          The whistleblower filed an anonymous complaint alleging the White House tried to cover up the President's effort to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on his rival Joe Biden. Trump soliciting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the July 25 phone call is what set Pelosi down the road to impeachment, but like so many rule breakers, Trump blames the guy who turned him in, instead of examining his own behavior.
          A more reasonable commander-in-chief, one worthy of the title, would absorb the lesson in the humiliation of impeachment, realize "I am still President of the United States" and seek stability, if not redemption.


          Donald Trump, however, has shown himself to be energetically defiant and incapable of reform. Faced with the Senate impeachment trial in the upcoming year, Trump is likely to become more destructive. His victims will include us all.

          The future will also be determined by whatever devious plots Trump may set in motion with his chief enabler, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. As Trump's personal lawyer and international wrecking ball, Giuliani shows no sign of ending his mischief-making in Ukraine or dialing back his bizarre behavior.

          He recently directed several anti-Semitic tropes at billionaire philanthropist George Soros -- who has long been a target of right-wing conspiracy theories. Giuliani, a lifelong Catholic, claimed he's "more of a Jew" than Soros, who is a Holocaust survivor. He also made unfounded claims that Soros controls former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, FBI agents and district attorneys, which perpetuates anti-Semitic tropes that powerful Jews control the government.


          Comment


          • #6
            The Clinton News Network, Communist News Network. So much spam click bait, so much Yellow Journalism, so much Trump hating propaganda. So much fake news.



            For the record, here is what a real war criminal, one of Massena's heros, did to a fellow veteran for political gain while that veteran was a POW. And to think that POS almost became President!
            “Breaking News,”

            “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

              For the record, here is what a real war criminal, one of Massena's heros, did to a fellow veteran for political gain while that veteran was a POW. And to think that POS almost became President!
              Why are you falsely claiming that this person is one of my 'heroes'? That is a gross misrepresentation and should be withdrawn. And to deny that Gallagher is a war criminal is yet another falsehood.

              In short, you have no idea what you are talking about.

              Comment


              • #8
                Clearly this Gallagher person is a classic case of how in every war there are always those who are somehow compelled to try to actively make it even more awful than is strictly necessary.

                But it's typical that Trump then feels compelled to reward and celebrate this.

                Clearly fellow soldiers who served alongside them na felt the opposite. But then they spot the ones among them that can't help themselves to make things worse.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  Perhaps this will be familiar to you:

                  https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/27/opini...nio/index.html

                  While millions of Americans have been enjoying the holiday season, President Donald Trump has indulged in nasty name-calling aimed at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and has been whining like a 4-year-old who didn't get the toy he wanted.
                  On Tuesday, Trump tweeted, "Why should Crazy Nancy Pelosi, just because she has a slight majority in the House, be allowed to Impeach the President of the United States?"


                  On Wednesday, the President retweeted a link to an article that includes a name for the purported whistleblower, whose identity has not been confirmed.

                  The whistleblower filed an anonymous complaint alleging the White House tried to cover up the President's effort to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on his rival Joe Biden. Trump soliciting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the July 25 phone call is what set Pelosi down the road to impeachment, but like so many rule breakers, Trump blames the guy who turned him in, instead of examining his own behavior.
                  A more reasonable commander-in-chief, one worthy of the title, would absorb the lesson in the humiliation of impeachment, realize "I am still President of the United States" and seek stability, if not redemption.


                  Donald Trump, however, has shown himself to be energetically defiant and incapable of reform. Faced with the Senate impeachment trial in the upcoming year, Trump is likely to become more destructive. His victims will include us all.

                  The future will also be determined by whatever devious plots Trump may set in motion with his chief enabler, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. As Trump's personal lawyer and international wrecking ball, Giuliani shows no sign of ending his mischief-making in Ukraine or dialing back his bizarre behavior.

                  He recently directed several anti-Semitic tropes at billionaire philanthropist George Soros -- who has long been a target of right-wing conspiracy theories. Giuliani, a lifelong Catholic, claimed he's "more of a Jew" than Soros, who is a Holocaust survivor. He also made unfounded claims that Soros controls former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, FBI agents and district attorneys, which perpetuates anti-Semitic tropes that powerful Jews control the government.

                  Soros is not a Jew,because Soros does not consider himself as Jewish (neither did his parents ) and because Soros hates Jews and Israel .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Massena
                    Once again, prove them wrong. You can't and CNN has seen the interview tapes, as has the NY Times. Ranting about opinions and 'garbage' from the news media because you believe Trump over anyone else does not change the facts on the interview tapes.

                    And your support for a war criminal is telling.

                    You rant and rave in support of Trump and attack and denigrate those who don't either agree with you or Trump. That is also telling.

                    And, finally, you provide nothing to support your 'opinions.'

                    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/u...her-video.html
                    prove that he is a war criminal .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                      On a positive note, he has a really attractive wife
                      I like how they trotted her out. Put her in the spotlight because some people will respect Gallagher even more.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                        On a positive note, he has a really attractive wife
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A series of posts between Massena and Nichols were removed in a tit for tat case of addressing the poster and not the post. Rather than replying in kind and placing yourself in the same boat, the correct response is to BPR any personal comments.
                          Please follow this advice going forwards.
                          Thank you
                          ACG Staff

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Trump was sent to Washington to break the entrenched bureaucracy sometimes referred to as the deep state. The deep state however doesn't just consist of bureaucrats it has tentacles throughout the military industrial complex, the media and congress. Although we don't generally think of the military as a bureaucracy a large proportion of it can be described in no better terms and even active service personnel get caught up in intrigue common to all bureaucracies. This is especially true of those who work creates a connection to the business aspects of the military or the intelligence community. It seems likely that by pardoning Gallagher Trump was sending a message that the tradition of letting the lower ranking military personnel take the rap for conditions created by the higher ranks was no longer going to be tolerated.

                            An officer can and they often do imply what they will not order to provide themselves with cover in a scandal. With rank comes privilege is almost universally applicable and Trump would be well aware of how the same process plays out in the corporate environment. The only people that will ever know if Gallagher was encouraged in his "criminal" behavior is himself and his supervisors and they will never tell.

                            Without knowing what Trump knows and knowing that he is not at liberty to disclose much of what he knows a reasonable person would assume he was acting in good faith with the pardon. Secrecy as it turns out is a double edged sword. That does not eliminate the possibility that Trump simply made a mistake but that is the burden of authority. Every officer including the commander in chief will make multiple mistakes during a career and people will die as a result of it. If the pardon encourages more of the same undesirable behavior well that pails in comparison to the number of innocents killed in war.

                            What we should not forget is that power corrupts and that the concept extends to the Navy. While Gallagher was on trial the media was busy ignoring the scandal rocking the military industrial complex of which they are a part by proxy. To understand why the Navy was probably not innocent in Gallagher's case you have to take off your rose colored glasses and see the world as it is not through your parade ground sense of honor and duty. The trial I referred to above relates to Fat Leonard.

                            In perhaps the worst national-security breach of its kind to hit the Navy since the end of the Cold War, Francis doled out sex and money to a shocking number of people in uniform who fed him classified material about U.S. warship and submarine movements. Some also leaked him confidential contracting information and even files about active law enforcement investigations into his company.
                            https://www.theworldweekly.com/reade...-the-7th-fleet
                            We hunt the hunters

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Massena View Post

                              Why are you falsely claiming that this person is one of my 'heroes'? That is a gross misrepresentation and should be withdrawn. And to deny that Gallagher is a war criminal is yet another falsehood.

                              In short, you have no idea what you are talking about.
                              He is a Liberal Democrat that almost became President. Since you seem to believe that a Liberal Democrats can do wrong, isn't he one of your heros. And if not, then tells us why.

                              Your reliance on numerous CNN post for the gospel truth is meaningless click bait. They no longer report news, they just report commentary, look for ways to Hate Trump, and assumptions with made up fact to back it up.

                              The real story that ruins your war criminal accusation;

                              https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...-investigators
                              The jury assigned to the case of accused Special Warfare Chief Edward Gallagher has found the decorated Navy SEAL not guilty of murder and attempted murder after a whirlwind trial that included bombshell revelations and twists.
                              https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-of-war-crimes
                              “Breaking News,”

                              “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X